Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

:cool: Ill state it again, its sad to see so many fire on this topic to have them implemented, In my personal opinion the next needs some clarification.

do you see any woman char in the COD series, BF, BC, CS etc etc?

It is not because other games don't have a feature ArmA3 can't implement it in, as I am aware this is on a high wish list of the community and thus I see no harm in it doing so.

why arma would have?

Give me one vallid reason why not and try to back it up with a sensible and constructive argument so people can see why not to have them implemented.

this is not sexist or whatever BS someone says

To be honenst you crossed that line like 7 times in your post so don't go there :p

the real question will be, seriously, WHY? do you want a woman soldier char in arma?

Noes he has a serious question with ridiculous answers :rolleyes:

1- Because you are an attention whore

Now what has attention to do anything with the request of the op stated in this thread? can you give some sort of a valid constructive arguments on it?

2- Because then you can make funny videos

yes thank you, I like to be in the mission editor and put up scenarios I see a good point to put a female combat soldier in a video.

I see where you heading to, Ill just point to the next question ....

3- Because you love womans so much, and you want to be one too

I love females very much are you not? That does not mean that you nor me want to be one yes.

At this answer I can only say dude you hold a few fetish kind of thoughts in that tiny brain of yours :D, however we now know how your brain is functioning it adds nothing to the question at hand.

4- Because you like Lara Croft

And her creators made a good peas of virtual art so it has no reason to put it that way, then again what has lara croft to do with ArmA3 anyway?

5- Because you want to play in 3rd person all the time

I bet you will be the first one to try it out hu.

6- Because your mom/wife/girlfriend say so

Yeah thats right oooh this is a valid argument ....

7- Because you say so, and thats all that matters

No because we have a desire to see them in the game, this however does not mean for me personally that they need to be. If they are I will welcome them I see no point to not have them in anyway.

or is it Because you say so?

right ....

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma

Let me put my 2 cents. In case of women in army IRL: IMO no one woman must be in a frontline. They may be pilots (if they're conform the requirements physically and psichologically, in case of men too), serve in logistics (not by loaders of course), analytical offices, etc. But there must be no one women at a frontlines, including drivers, field nurses and crews. Not because it's dungerous - to risk his life, or not, is a personal desicion, but because these works are require a lot of physical strength.

In case of women in - game: yes, should be. And yes, should be dependent from player's profile, not from mission. Because it's a game. Game is about popularity and making money. Even FPS simulator.

but because these works are require a lot of physical strength.

Women can be strong too, you know. And it's only a game.

Edited by Nicholas

but because these works are require a lot of physical strength.

Guess you've never seen a female US Marine Drill Instructor?

Give me one vallid reason why not and try to back it up with a sencable and constuctive argument so people can see why not to have them implemented.

He accuses you of being an attention whore by being open to female characters in an obvious troll post. Does anyone else see the irony in that?

I wouldn't worry about it, KBourne, SpetS15 obviously has some things to work out before he can participate in constructive discussions on this subject.

Edited by Max Power

This I recieved this morning. Was in one of those jk/junk e-mails that go round and round and.... well it's a more lighted take on the thread topic'

Life Australian Army...

Text of a letter from a kid from Eromanga to Mum and Dad. (For Those of you not in the know, Eromanga is a small town, west of Quilpie in the far south west of Queensland )

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope youse are too. Tell me big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than workin' on the station - tell them to get in bloody quick smart before the jobs are all gone! I wuz a bit slow in settling down at first, because ya don't hafta get outta bed until 6am. But I like sleeping in now, cuz all ya gotta do before brekky is make ya bed and shine ya boots and clean ya uniform. No bloody horses to get in, no calves to feed, no troughs to clean - nothin'!! Ya haz gotta shower though, but its not so bad, coz there's lotsa hot water and even a light to see what ya doing!

At brekky ya get cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no kangaroo steaks or goanna stew like wot Mum makes. You don't get fed again until noon and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march' - geez its only just like walking to the windmill in the bullock paddock!!

This one will kill me brothers Doug and Phil with laughter. I keep getting medals for shootin' - dunno why. The bullseye is as big as a bloody dingo's arse and it don't move and it's not firing back at ya like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows before the Ekka last year! All ya gotta do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - it's a piece of piss!! You don't even load your own cartridges, they comes in little boxes, and ya don't have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the roo shooting truck when you reload!

Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful coz they break easy - it's not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori and Steve and Muzza all at once like we do at home after the muster.

Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either and it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got, and I've only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers - he's 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders and as ya know I'm only 5 foot 7 and eight stone wringin' wet, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the boozer.

I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how bloody good it is.

Your loving daughter,

Susan

Haven't heard that one in a while. :D

@woore: A good portion of the women I've seen on active duty are stronger than most of the men. We've got women on aircraft carriers (Biggest target in the world) we've got women flying trash haulers (most vulnerable target in the world) we've got women flying medevac birds (They actually fly INTO combat, with no offensive capability, and the knowledge that all it takes is a single RPG to ruin their day. The women who fly medevac have more balls than most of the people on this forum.) etc. etc. Anybody who says women aren't up to the task of combat/physical labor, needs to extract their head from their posterior orifice.

Women can be strong too, you know. And it's only a game.

Read my post again and again to enlightment. I told different about a game.

Guess you've never seen a female US Marine Drill Instructor?

Guess you know femail physiology and anatomy not enough. Trained female, which is so strong and hardy, as trained male is a feminists myth. Don't take it seriously. Really, results of females and males in run, jumping, etc isn't very different in light, sport wear, but with additional load of 20 - 30 kg - different a lot. Females aren't adopted to carry a high loads. It's fact.

And as I said, if she's meet the requirements, physically and psychologically - of course she may serve. No ingulgence. Did you see many women which are meet the requirements for field warrior? 10? 50? 200? I don't think so.

P.S.: they should record tracks with male voice for aircraft voice informer if women serve in USAF)

Edited by woore

There seems to be a problem here distinguishing between the capability to have women in the armed forces in the game, and their frequency.... also between fact and fiction but that's another story.

I just don't see how a glib analysis of male vs. female physiology- or the falacious generalization that accompanies it- bares any relevance to the discussion of whether or not females in the military should be represented in a piece of entertainment software. Not every man serving in the military in a combat occupation has the lumbering brawn of a marvel superhero, and as far as I'm concerned, the statistical argument is a waste of time. I don't see any left handed soldiers in ArmA, nor ones requiring glasses. Including women in some combat roles in ArmA is not going to upset its rigorous demographic exactitude.

To those people who are quoting the infrequency of women meeting the physical requirements for combat, I'm wondering if you even know what those are or how many women have passed them.

Edited by Max Power

Let me put my 2 cents. In case of women in army IRL: IMO no one woman must be in a frontline.

Bull - shieeeet :eek: I have one comment for you try and have some respect for those that give birth to you lad! I honestly see a lot of disrespect in this post towards females. And you should think twice before typing something out like this :o I am embarrassed in your behave!

They may be pilots (if they're conform the requirements physically and psichologically, in case of men too), serve in logistics (not by loaders of course), analytical offices, etc.

I can say one thing this is the same for males so your comments is pure rubische if a person ( not female nor male ) just the individual is not up to the physically and psychological standards on the tasks at hand they will get other possibilities to do their duty for their coutry! You are not looking it from the individual point but you think about boobs so you say its not belonging their pure BS mate.

But there must be no one women at a frontlines, including drivers, field nurses and crews. Not because it's dangerous - to risk his life, or not, is a personal decision, but because these works are require a lot of physical strength.

lol and lol again this is just so aaah, you are making a joke of your selves really ....

In case of women in - game: yes, should be. And yes, should be dependent from player's profile, not from mission. Because it's a game. Game is about popularity and making money. Even FPS simulator.

You are a headcase Kozlowski :D its ok in a game because it is a popular game but wow when it comes to real life, where you actually reading the op?

He accuses you of being an attention whore by being open to female characters in an obvious troll post. Does anyone else see the irony in that?

I wouldn't worry about it, KBourne, SpetS15 obviously has some things to work out before he can participate in constructive discussions on this subject.

sadly like above I counter a lot of BS on this topic, personally I think that I start to see why bis is not putting them in game for what it is worth "sadly" some need to let their head examined.

In what for time do we live anno 1811 or anno 2011? :o I vow to lock this thing down before its getting out of hand and I think it upsets more people then it does good and I am one of them, I feel kinda sad about such comments, they add nothing towards the discussion and i start to get why this is not belonging here not because the female characters asked but some community members are having just to many testosterone on the wrong place and an embarrassment to us as an individual ....

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma

Bull - shieeeet :eek: I have one comment for you try and have some respect for those that give birth to you lad! I honnestly see a lot of disrespect in this post towards females. And you should think twice before typing something out like this :o I am ebaressed in your behave!

Well, IMO whether women should be in ArmA and whether women should actually be in the front line are different topics that have no business being discussed in the same thread.

But, Woore does have some point to make even if you decided to take it as somehow an insult. At the risk of further derailment, Woore (I think) makes the argument that women in front line roles are a distraction. That is not a sexist or insulting remark, it's simply a truth. We can pretend that a woman in a front line role can *potentially* act just as good as any male, but it's different. It just is. Men are biologically programmed to give more aid/protection to a hurt woman than a male, so that makes it different.

You can say it's BS, but you cannot say it cannot happen. It's just.... different.

But, as far as ArmA goes, sure. Bring 'em on. I'm in favour of different body types in ArmA, as long as it's being done for women they should do it properly and allow for fat, thin, tall & short body types. After all, it's just a different body type we're discussing.

It's odd how some men perceive military service or conflict as a predominantly male only occupation, women have participated in war for thousands of years and in some cases made history while doing it. It's only in the last five or six hundred years that women have really been excluded.

Let's have them back on the Battlefield.

But, Woore does have some point to make even if you decided to take it as somehow an insult. At the risk of further derailment

Sorry DMarkwick in many cases I would follow you on your debates because you have lots and lots of times many good things to add but this time I will disagree with you.

This is not personal but I just cant seem to agree on this kind of things.

Woore (I think) makes the argument that women in front line roles are a distraction.

such things are close watched and some are even having a relationships it strengthening their bands. It is a proven fact that one fights harder when it is loved ;) .....

That is not a sexist or insulting remark, it's simply a truth.

It is sexist and it is an insult to serving females like he is stating it, you say that I am taking it to derailment. sorry but at least you give your point of view clearly I can reply on it with a decent pov and you are giving yours but I can also decently disagree on it.

Hes statement was to my feeling just BS nothing to add a pov of booty and boobs and aaah no it is to dangerous for their kind.

We can pretend that a woman in a front line role can *potentially* act just as good as any male, but it's different.

they did research on the whole concept of putting females on active duty. They evaluated it they did it over again they went back from the start and evaluated it again and then they putted them on a training program before they made a final decision on it.

Do you think the army will put their own forces at a to high risk of many losses on the combat field, think again ...

Men are biologically programmed to give more aid/protection to a hurt woman than a male, so that makes it different.

This is proven to be wrong many many times! sorry mate but i can't really agree on this in any way because it is not true, "DE OUDE BELGEN" like we call it here putted females on the battle field just only because they where fighting harder to survive and protect their assets I can give you many more examples how it evolves on the actual battle field in a GOOD way. Not because i say so. Tests and evaluations, debates proved the opesite from what you are stating. Test programs even stated that it is a huge step forwards in combat experience and a good thing.

I feel that many of you are blinded to the mere fact that females belong in the kitchen and not doing what was for the male natural biologically programmed. who made it so ..... the PAST generation males? do be aware that we have being evolving mate :D ...

But then again I can debate this all night long and agree to disagree or how do I say it, the thing is the op pointed out to put female soldiers in the game because of the mere fact that the story goes from the desperate pov and that when desperate you would burn every asset available to put counter weight on the battle field and yes on a realistic pov it will add lots of emersive situations in the game.

But thats the thing 3 quart of the entire thread is about a debate of having females in RL on the battle field yes or no and like I already said its all BS in regards of the OP and certainly not respectful towards active RL females in combat because they are putting their lives on the line for our safety ...

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma

Do you think the army will put their own forces at a to high risk of many losses on the combat field, think again ...

Do you think an army cannot make a poor decision? Think again... ;)

Do you think an army cannot make a poor decision? Think again... ;)

they would take them of the field and correct the situation the army will not allow it to contineu if it goes bad to keep the program running?

DMarkwick its a myth. Through folklore in various forms, poetry and art, theater and film, we have become accustomed to the notion of the male warrior as a heroic character whose sacrifice is for a greater cause. This picture is set in many males minds and it seems also in yours they never made a bad decision in regards of putting females on the battle field, au contraire they even vow that in many cases the female performs well and in some situations even better then the males soldier.

but I am going to back out on it it has no sense to continue this kind of debate ....

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma

I'm sure there will always be exceptions and exceptional examples. But logistically, pragmatically and practically, it generally introduces more concerns than is worth it.

But for the purposes of ArmA, sure, bring 'em on.

Seriously, I think BI should REALLY include female soldiers in Arma 3, not only because I agree with the idea personally, but just so it can screw with the people so obsessed with this matter. Forty seven pages, a flood of shameful childish posts and personal back'n'forths laid out so thick that you can make jam out them. And this is just the Arma 3 edition, excluding all the years before.

If they add girls to combat roles they better do it correctly. Dont make them look sexy or femine in the uniform. Look at console games with women in combat roles. Theyre usually in tight or revealing uniforms and usually the stealthy ones.

If they add girls to combat roles they better do it correctly. Don't make them look sexy or feminine in the uniform. Look at console games with women in combat roles. They're usually in tight or revealing uniforms and usually the stealthy ones.

As the Israelis have proven, it IS possible to look sexy in uniform, although I think just the standard approach would do. :p

female-soldier.jpg

Not insult "Zalkoysky", of course. :)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Zalkovsky..West Slavonic? Or south?

WHAT is IT? M4 with IRONSIGHT? I thought they extincted years ago in US army)

At the risk of further derailment, Woore (I think) makes the argument that women in front line roles are a distraction.

I didn't tell so. Markwick, they may be distraction, if the males aroung them are brainless. Flirt and love are flirt and love, combat is another matter. Completing my point of view I would to say, that if female meets the requirements of combat (I repeat, COMBAT,not just entrance "examination"), they may serve, why not? But she must be enough strong and hardy to run with 30 kg of equipment (standart weight of soldiers equipment with standart armor as I know, may be wrong), etc with males. In other case - for why do I need a not battleworthy unit? Not feminism. Just pure logic.

But there is another thing I should tell: this doctrine should be used in local conflicts, but in case of global war, more or less - no one woman must be at the frontline or sabotage operations. No one. Never. Only in extreme case.

Why? To minimize female looses. Because it will not be question of sexism - feminism - antifrminism or other kind of breed. It will be question of surviving of the humanity, you want it, or not. A species can easilly survive, when it have 50 females per 1 male. But if it have 50 males for 1 female - it can't.

You are a headcase Kozlowski :D its ok in a game because it is a popular game but wow when it comes to real life, where you actualy reading the op?

Yes. Exact. In case of game, it doesn't ruin a realism, so they want it - they got it.

Edited by woore

People are still forgetting that fact that ARMA III:

1.) Is NOT Real Life

2.) Is set in the Future (A time when anything can change)

Forget all this BS about girls not fighting in the frontlines in real life because once again "ARMA III is not Real Life".

Edited by Haystack15

It is still simulator of life. If not, I strongly require a gauss tank like in Crysis. And I hope, requirements I've written above will be applyed. If not, I will migrate from this planet.

VBS is the sim, ArmA at its core is still a game. Things can still be added that are unrealistic like some of the tech we're seeing in ArmA 3, that aside, women on the battlefield ISN'T unrealistic.