Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

there is more than just Multiplayer, and the more i play MP the more I see that SP is in fact more immersive. MP tend to be more and more pure arcade.

that is something i can agree with, especilly if you talk about the public MP.

Even so, if you haven't played a proper non-respawn TvT game in A2 yet, i suggest you do. :)

End story really is that BIS won't do it regardless be it due to bad press or something else, this is more or less an unwinnable battle and it has nothing to do with the community's beliefs.

Chances are that an addon will come to aid this instead during which case the excuse of reasonings of our world will have no say as to why they should or should not be made.

No, thats ok. I do NOT want to hear a female robot voice telling me about an enemy 500 meters at 2 o' clock. Plus I think its ridiculous to have females in service. And as I've said before, women are an extreme danger to their male counterparts on the field.

Which is why any major army, especially the IDF, deploys them in the field.

I actually know a girl who plays ArmA 2 or at least used to. I was quite shocked when I found that out since most people I talk to have never even heard of it. She even used to be in a squad and everything. I know that she would appreciate female soldiers so I'm going to go right ahead and support the idea of having them in-game. I think that they should be in any role really since this is World War III that we are talking about and I would imagine that even if they weren't meant to be frontline infantry the rate of the enemy advance could easily make that so.

I'm just afraid that this smart idea may goes up into smoke since BIS won't give any role for female but still a part of wild life.

Maybe we can get a heroine if BIS wanna to give us an half simulation and half recreational game, but I think we should be serious to war, military simulation won't pays so much attention on how to develop the episode between hero and heroine. lol.

Wow THAT is your argument?

I'm not having an argument, I'm having a discussion...

Firstly, I don't understand why you seem to believe women's supposedly detrimental qualities on the battlefield only arise as a result of exposure to enemy tanks/helicopters etc.

I'm not sure where you get the 'only' part from? There are many reasons why women on the battlefield are a detriment, in fact a female friend of mine (who dreams of joining the Royal Marines) was telling me how she understands why she isn't allowed to fight on the frontlines as a marine because the presence of a woman, like someone else pointed out in this thread, is liable to affect the way the male soldiers would react in the event of her being wounded. Like another user said, men have a biological impulse to drop what they're doing and help women who are in danger.

Secondly I'd LOVE to see you put this to any servicemen/women who've come back from a tour in Afghanistan, as I'm sure they'd most likely be pretty insulted to have it suggested that somehow its not quite enough war to actually test people's will and mental endurance and that only a conventional State vs State conflict is a real war.

So you're saying that soldiers fighting the Taliban would fair just as well fighting say, the Chinese and Russian armies in open combat? Seriously...?

IF a mans combat abilities are negatively affected by the fact that a woman is part of the unit, or is somehow less able to exercise good judgement on the battlefield, that is absolutely nothing to do with the woman.

Why couldn't it be? Why is it so hard to believe?

Thirdly, given that women are serving just fine and qualifying just fine for frontline combat in so many nations

So many nations? Name some nations, apart from Israel, that are actively stationing female soldiers on the frontlines in combat roles?

Which is why any major army, especially the IDF, deploys them in the field.

Wait, which major armies? And in what capacity does the IDF deploy them on the front line?

Perhaps instead of soldiers of a modern army which hopefully we will see little of, simply give women the ability to use weapons in Arma3, we could have female militia soldiers.

Edited by NodUnit

Perhaps instead of soldiers of a modern army which hopefully we will see little of, simply give women the ability to use weapons in Arma3, we could have female militia soldiers.
Sounds O.K. and is a compromise and was possible in OFP, but only in custom missions.

They better have female soldiers..... Ill be happy if the pixels representing female can sit in cars.

Sounds O.K. and is a compromise and was possible in OFP, but only in custom missions.

Why, what's wrong with it having part in the campaign where village people form a militia, surely you don't expect the island to be populated by only men ala Sahrani.

If they aren't actual soldiers,

Let them be allowed to use the same anims as males e.g. hold weapons (BIS don't have to have female soldiers but players missions can then do). Agree?

If they aren't actual soldiers,

Let them be allowed to use the same anims as males e.g. hold weapons (BIS don't have to have female soldiers but players missions can then do). Agree?

Thats the way it works in OFP and it looks ... arkward! Animations have to fit the model and skeleton.

dont rly care either way. i do know that 90% of all women in any army arent on the frontline. i dont see the need why that suddenly would change. becouse "newsflash" female soldiers arent the pretty barbies doll girls you want them to be. dont get fooled by most of the pictures online. a hot girl in gear isnt a soldier.

dont rly care either way. i do know that 90% of all women in any army arent on the frontline. i dont see the need why that suddenly would change. becouse "newsflash" female soldiers arent the pretty barbies doll girls you want them to be. dont get fooled by most of the pictures online. a hot girl in gear isnt a soldier.

I know, former Miss England Katrina Hodge is such a minger. :P

I think there should at least be female combatants in the guerrilla's or partisan faction if nothing else.

Also women fare better as pilots as they feel the effects of Gs far less that their male counterparts.

And what is to say that your side using female troops won't have adverse effects on your enemies male troops as well, may make them hesitate just that little too long before opening fire.

a hot girl in gear isnt a soldier.

So what you're saying is that there are no pretty girls in the military? That's BS.

And what is to say that your side using female troops won't have adverse effects on your enemies male troops as well, may make them hesitate just that little too long before opening fire.

Do you identify your targets by gender at 300+ meters?

Do you identify your targets by gender at 300+ meters?

Definitely not. The bottom line is that, since it doesn't really add to the game, why put them in there? Sure, add female civilians who can hold guns just like male soldiers. But there's no real point for female soldiers. But, as I said earlier, adding female MPs solves everyone's problems. They can shoot, fight, everything like male soldiers, and yet they're not infantry so realism is maintained.

Definitely not. The bottom line is that, since it doesn't really add to the game, why put them in there? Sure, add female civilians who can hold guns just like male soldiers. But there's no real point for female soldiers. But, as I said earlier, adding female MPs solves everyone's problems. They can shoot, fight, everything like male soldiers, and yet they're not infantry so realism is maintained.

Or you could just add female soldier models in and people can choose to use them or not. Whichever. It does add things to the game. I would think women would like to play as women and not men.

you can get some pretty decent units for arma II here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12248

so why not integrate some for arma III?.. ArmA II has some civilian unit females, but not seen many missions about them as i'm aware.. I think we need some female players.. Why not?..

Thats the way it works in OFP and it looks ... arkward! Animations have to fit the model and skeleton.

Still better than nothing.

Still better than nothing.

How do you figure? An awkward unusable implementation of something that really doesn't add much in the first place definitely isn't better than not including it and focusing the time in other areas of the game.

How do you figure? An awkward unusable implementation of something that really doesn't add much in the first place definitely isn't better than not including it and focusing the time in other areas of the game.

Right, after all only one man works at BIS. He is doing all the modelling work, programming, mission design, records himself shooting guns and flying helicopters, aswell as recording the soundtrack and all the voices, which of course is all him in different variations :j: