Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

Bohemia's realism.

Give devs a break! How would you feel after spending last 10 ears remodeling same M4s/M1s over and over again?

Here we can draw some parallels with TOH - BI are making fictional helis as templates and providing YOU with tools. So you can make everything you want from stoneage to starwars with aliens.

While I understand that redoing the same Abrams tank for 10 years is terribly boring I'm afraid that futurism may make ArmA3 more arcadey. It also would've been nice if BIS allowed AA2 models to be ported into AA3 because really - I like to have USMC, US Army and Russian troops and tanks in ArmA.

While I understand that redoing the same Abrams tank for 10 years is terribly boring I'm afraid that futurism may make ArmA3 more arcadey.

Why is that?

It also would've been nice if BIS allowed AA2 models to be ported into AA3 because really - I like to have USMC, US Army and Russian troops and tanks in ArmA.

image the MP fragmentation

While I understand that redoing the same Abrams tank for 10 years is terribly boring I'm afraid that futurism may make ArmA3 more arcadey. It also would've been nice if BIS allowed AA2 models to be ported into AA3 because really - I like to have USMC, US Army and Russian troops and tanks in ArmA.

Can you tell me how futurism in ArmA 3 can be arcadey? Because you saw NATO soldier with FS2000 ? thats arcadey?

Apparently "creative license" is equivalent to arcadey around these parts...

Crikey. If some people don't have anything to moan about, they imagine something then moan about that. They're moaning about their hallucinations.

Apparently "creative license" is equivalent to arcadey around these parts...

not these parts, but rather for some members

I think the futurism means we can see some nice advanced vehicle features built in to the engine itself and save the modding community time on some things.... Like the Arena active defences in the trailer...

i see now in teaser a tank with a future over gun , i see infaterie mens wits a battlesuit from 2080 and more little shit things to ............

i have have played arma and ofp - only all this years the atmosphere and the realunits....................

now sorry bis, im out - this kill the game

concratulations for you new 16teen year old cashcow..

arma is not a ghost recon or a battlefield - a good game makes not the spacial tactical hero factor !

and the atmosphere are not better with future spacials - thats the point

and shut up guys, with gametimeline arma 4 is then the great moon war with aliens ?

The way this is said and structured and the meaning behind it made me lol very hard

Why is that?

How will they model proper ballistics if they will use weapons based on prototypes or semi-fictional weapons? For example.

image the MP fragmentation

Official units are the ones to have a most likely use in MP.

ACE mod is de facto a standard for modded MP too - and ACE was already adding US army to AA2 before OA but OA units are of a better quality f.e.

If BIS will allow what I ask I'm sure people will add them to ACE.

Otherwise we will be forced to stick with israelis and iranians

Crikey. If some people don't have anything to moan about, they imagine something then moan about that. They're moaning about their hallucinations.

This community has been good at that since Arma 3's announcement. :p

How will they model proper ballistics if they will use weapons based on prototypes or semi-fictional weapons?

How will they model ballistics on fictional weapons? Why by using fictional data of course. It must be well within the wit of BIS to generate appropriate ballistics that are not grossly unreal.

i think most of the people complaining will still buy a3 anyway, and those that don't - good riddance. Anyone who is more concerned with the content than the gameplay sounds like a useless douche i don't want to be playing with.

How will they model ballistics on fictional weapons? Why by using fictional data of course. It must be well within the wit of BIS to generate appropriate ballistics that are not grossly unreal.

Similar weaponary also... it's not based too far in the future with super laser beams. :p There is plenty of data out there for weapons, calibres and ammunitions types already seen e.g. GM6, FN2000. But as long as they (if they are going to do it properly) research it, do not use Wikipedia's. Wiki should always be read with a bit of suspicion, as its "facts" are frequently a bit skewed... there tends to be no actual research, at least with proper testing protocols and procedures. One of the dev's has already been trying out the GM6 for himself so I'm sure they got good information from the experts.

How will they model proper ballistics if they will use weapons based on prototypes or semi-fictional weapons? For example.

I'm sorry, where have you seen weapons (that fire bullets) that are not existing at this very moment? I haven't seen any

Besides, even if it was the case, you should be aware know that you can approximate almost to 100% accuracy the ballistics of a certain bullet type in relation to the barrel type and its length, yeah?

Official units are the ones to have a most likely use in MP.

Not everyone who'll buy A3 would have all the other titles as well.

ACE mod is de facto a standard for modded MP too - and ACE was already adding US army to AA2 before OA but OA units are of a better quality f.e.

If BIS will allow what I ask I'm sure people will add them to ACE.

Ace is very popular, no question about it, but it is far from the MP standard - that is still vanilla.

And what you are asking (as in using content that was released in previous game for free by incorporating them into an 3rd party mod, is far-fetched, even with PR BAF units to backup your point)

Otherwise we will be forced to stick with israelis and iranians

Just because those are the only units and weapons you've seen doesn't mean those 4-5 vehicles IS the sole content that will be available in A3.

This has been talked over so many times, but somehow you and some other people keep coming back to the same self-convinced conclusions.

EDIT:

besides, you can always start working on the meshes for "realistic/nowadays" <insert army> units for A3. You got 1 year to go till the released date, so there is plenty of time to get the content done, even if you don't know specifics about how to get them ingame. I'm looking forward to seeing one of these "realism squad member" of this community getting his hands dirty for a change

Edited by PuFu

I think realism needs to be reasonably authentic and/or believable to achieve any immersive game experience.

In short I just want to know how or why Iran (who seem to be the enemy this time around) has made happy-peace with Isreal and appear to be using their equipment. If the response is 'they just do'... Well consider me disappointed.

"Iran has severed all diplomatic and commercial ties with Israel, and its government does not recognize Israel as a country and refers to its government as the "Zionist regime". "

They could just have bought the weaponry from a third country... In 1. World War, the british was buying scopes from germany via schweiz... And again they could also just have invaded the israeli's.. So many possible routes for getting the arms... Finally it could also be Hong Kong Knock-Off in cheap plastic...

In short I just want to know how or why Iran (who seem to be the enemy this time around) has made happy-peace with Isreal and appear to be using their equipment.

And how did You come to this conclusion? I would like to say, that there is plenty of time to explain a lot of things in Armaverse (as I have already told) :icon_twisted:

I think realism needs to be reasonably authentic and/or believable to achieve any immersive game experience.

In short I just want to know how or why Iran (who seem to be the enemy this time around) has made happy-peace with Isreal and appear to be using their equipment. If the response is 'they just do'... Well consider me disappointed.

"Iran has severed all diplomatic and commercial ties with Israel, and its government does not recognize Israel as a country and refers to its government as the "Zionist regime". "

Iranian SF using enemy weapons. Oh... the possibilities... :yay:

Is this not reasonable enough? It just look like proposed future projects to me.. Maybe with a little artistic licencesing.....

And stuff doesnt have to be real to be immersive..... I still Find half life one of the most immersive games ever... And that was very Sci-Fi......

Honestly, who cares what addons any ArmA title ships with? If you buy ArmA X you buy a customizable warsim which lets you play any conflict you (and the community) want. It just takes some patience until mods are out or you mod for yourself.

Thought even the new guys should know this by now.

Don't know, don't care.

This title is like a breath of fresh air imo. It's not like plasma guns, lazars and litesabre battles will be fought out on Ion (correct?).

Stronger and interesting Opfor, new locale, and godamn saucy new engine additions has this frog hoppin.

Amen, im excited that Arma 3 will finally have some of the features i like to see in games, those along side the mighty mission editor and Arma style game play makes me delirious :D

Now how to break it to the missus that i need a new rig :p

Amen, im excited that Arma 3 will finally have some of the features i like to see in games, those along side the mighty mission editor and Arma style game play makes me delirious :D

Now how to break it to the missus that i need a new rig :p

Just tell her that ya Mistress needs new bling-bling, my wife always referers to Armaverse as my Mistress...