Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

US Army 75th Rangers by Rhodesy

Some excellent units Rhodesy.

Little suggestion however, given you have a face mask on the Machine Gunner have you considered perhaps doing a version without one (slightly altered name in the editor perhaps.)

That or alternatively have a Machine Gunner class with the 7.62mm MG (Mk48/M240) and a "Automatic Rifleman" with a 5.56mm MG (M249/Mk46)?

Another minor suggestion, would you consider perhaps doing something with those empty thigh holsters?

Perhaps use the proxy/script method as is shown on Schnapsdrosels Mercenary/Black Ops pack where if you have a pistol in your inventory it appears "in" the holster, and in turn when your holding the pistol the holster is then empty.

Thanks very much for the great unit pack either way.

Greatly appreciated.

I know some of those points are being looked at Delta.

AEF is doing some testing for Rhodesy as he makes changes, next version is looking promising already :)

There's a couple of shadow issues on some of the characters I noticed when running through the icp animations module..but none the less sweet units mate

Cheers Rhodesy, playing with these units yesterday on the AEF VTS mission was great fun and looked much better than the normal US army units, thanks for the contribution and have a good one.

MAOR!Z

Very good units,

the multicam has the best texture of it out there at the moment, all those texture contributors plus yourself must be some high speed 'leet' guys.

Sorry for kicking the thread, but I've been enjoying your ranger units greatly Rhodesy77. I was wondering if you plan to release the UCP versions you showed in your WIP thread. Also, compared to the stock units, creases seem barely visible (the normal map effect?). Was this intentional or do you plan on making creases more pronounced in future versions. I've noticed Binowski's excellent marine models are similar in this regard, so this might be a deliberate design feature. Anyway, great work!

Hey mate, glad you like them :). Yes the UCP version is still being worked on, slowly, sadly real life keeps getting in the way alot lately hence my lack of activity. with the creases, yes and no, the uniforms material is quite tough so wont crease as much as a normal pair of pants for example, but i think ill need to redo my normals because it is lacking some what.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

how come the scarf is white and the thigh holster strap thingie is white? i only have ArmA 2 OH is that why? do i need ArmA2 for them too disappear??

How do you think after more than a year of no news? I am sure if you give it even a little thought you can figure it out.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

Infraction +1