Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

@Stubaf.

You can easily change scopes in the field. It's one of the points of RIS, quick and easy changes if you have the scopes.

You can only do that if the optic is mounted in a quick detachment style mount that holds zero even after being taken off and being put back on.

Like so(Im not sure if this particular mount holds zero, its just an example of a QD mount)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XKA25682&name=Knights+Armament+Co.+Micro+Aimpoint+Mount&groupid=84

•Your load out will affect your mobility- enhanced fatigue system. The more you carry the faster you will become fatigues and this will affect your aim.

Will this affect only your aim or also run speed ?

Will this affect only your aim or also run speed ?

Weight will also affect run/sprint duration. (I don't think it will reduce the run speed itself, just how long you can run for)

You can only do that if the optic is mounted in a quick detachment style mount that holds zero even after being taken off and being put back on.

Like so(Im not sure if this particular mount holds zero, its just an example of a QD mount)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XKA25682&name=Knights+Armament+Co.+Micro+Aimpoint+Mount&groupid=84

Does it mean that if my scope is not a quick detachment style then i cant take it off or that it takes more time to do so ?

Edited by tamernator

Does it mean that if my scope is not a quick detachment style then i cant take it off or that it takes more time to do so ?

It would take more time and you would probably lose your zero.

Nice! Although I would have prefered C# over JAVA. :/

I love it when a game isn't even out yet and all the pessimists come out from their bunkers to bemoan how it will suck. I mean, let's just give them a chance, heh?

I'm not assuming anything, open your eyes and you will see it. If you're not watching their gameplay videos you are also assuming I am incorrect. No one here has even examined enough of their features, they show a lot of "Player" abilities but the AI is only improved in Micro Pathing. It tells me they are ignoring some things they feel can't be solved but if a bunch of players without source code are finding things then they ought to take it more seriously. Look, I am tired of people saying that I am arrogant. I'll let you make the decisions after the game comes out, and most people say Gameplay before Graphics. And if you've got stale enemies then you're playing essentially IQ 40 players and there is nothing to it... I guess people don't take the time to figure out things they are hiding :)

I remember in A2 Smookie didn't really optimize the AI for any animations. And that's what I see so far in this game, plus... I also see that the AI still haven't been advanced in livability. Plus we are reaching the end point of ArmA 3 before it comes out, so what you're seeing is its final stages.

Not saying you're arrogant there, I'm just waiting for more features to be shown before I make conclusions about it. You're entitled to your opinions, I am to mine. Cheers :yay:

The first thing I am doing with ArmA 3 is making 3d Render to Texture scopes :)

No more splash screens of lag and post rendering issues, THANK GOD!

The first thing I am doing with ArmA 3 is making 3d Render to Texture scopes :)

No more splash screens of lag and post rendering issues, THANK GOD!

What if the RTT causes lag?

What if the RTT causes lag?

Or, alternatively, lags. If you look at the current videos, the RTT displays are lagging behind the actual images slightly.

IN ARMA 3:

1/ Is there a proper animation for going on a ladder?

2/ Can we change weapon while walking?

3/ Can we toss a nade while walking?

4/ Is there a new/better nade aiming system?

5/ Can we turn around in a doorway?

6/ Can we use stairs safely?

7/ Can we run indoors without taking the risk of going through the walls? (it happens from time to time)

8/ Is AI capable of fighting indoor?

9/ Is "Close Quarter Combat" global design being looked at ? (partly answered with smookie being hired by Bis)

The gpu\cpu\ram support is much better now, and I am sure that issue is probably fixed. As for Design Mastery, I know he used a 3d. Model Scope however he just zoomed the screen and not the inside of the scope. The ACOG he made was exactly like the Red Dot\CCO except he gave an extra code for zooming the screen. If you are talking about true RTT then I am sure they've probably optimized it! Therefor, it might look even better with ArmA III. I am very hyped up :D

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

IN ARMA 3:

1/ Is there a proper animation for going on a ladder?

2/ Can we change weapon while walking?

3/ Can we toss a nade while walking?

4/ Is there a new/better nade aiming system?

5/ Can we turn around in a doorway?

6/ Can we use stairs safely?

7/ Can we run indoors without taking the risk of going through the walls? (it happens from time to time)

8/ Is AI capable of fighting indoor?

9/ Is "Close Quarter Combat" global design being looked at ? (partly answered with smookie being hired by Bis)

Let's hope they take the time to do some of that stuff, if not all. I want this game to satisfy every area of warfare, not just long range.

i really wish the journalists could asked the devs that type of questions..... straightforward, simple, direct questions that can be answered by "yes/no".

Has anyone heard about a dynamic system for controlling the tides of the ocean? It seems to me that a tactical beach assault by a dive team would be facilitated by moving out of the surf as the tide goes out. Or maybe it would be better to move out of the water when the tide is higher in order to cross less open ground (I don't know, I'm clearly not a Navy SEAL). Of course this also begs the question of whether there will be wave action, wave currents, undertow, and all the other physical effects of water moving around a big piece of land like Limnos (e.g.: rip tide currents). It seems to me that this would be very complicated to implement. Please let me know if this belongs in a different thread.

Has anyone heard about a dynamic system for controlling the tides of the ocean? It seems to me that a tactical beach assault by a dive team would be facilitated by moving out of the surf as the tide goes out. Or maybe it would be better to move out of the water when the tide is higher in order to cross less open ground (I don't know, I'm clearly not a Navy SEAL). Of course this also begs the question of whether there will be wave action, wave currents, undertow, and all the other physical effects of water moving around a big piece of land like Limnos (e.g.: rip tide currents). It seems to me that this would be very complicated to implement. Please let me know if this belongs in a different thread.

I didn't see any waves on the demos so probably not, they are concentrating more on the graphics and physics. It could probably be done by a mod though...

Last year they showed us some boating action that seems affected by waves (not near the beach kind of wave) and seems to suggest a more realistic boat simulation. As in the propeller must be inside water to propel the boat forward... probably didn't answer snowden question... but probably some sea/waves simulation is in there

Has anyone heard about a dynamic system for controlling the tides of the ocean?

BIS has assembled a team of 50 fluid dynamics professors to work on simulating the gravitational pull of the sun and the moon, turbulent kinetic energy caused from breaking waves, coriolis effect caused by the rotation of the earth, and salinity.

Snowden that would be great though... You land, do an op, come back, "Oh shit, tides gone down" ... You're beached!

If you want to do a dry landing you need a relatively high tide with no natural obstacles, including underwater natural or artificial obstacles that should of been marked or destroyed.

So anybody knows why or is it still in beta;why is the crosshair different? I find game hard to play without laughing with that easy new crosshair i saw in videos. I mean why take out something that has been there for 12 years?