Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Actually it's both. Look closely and you'll see it's still the MX but with it's buttstock changed out and a bipod added. Could be a LMG variant of the rifle much like the MG-36 to the G36 or the M27 IAR to the HK416.

So, "MGX" or "LMX" or something else? Thing is, it could look just like the MX but have a different name. Either way, I think it's safe to say that this weapon performs a role similar to either an LMG or, more likely, a squad automatic weapon. I'm calling SAW replacement. The KAC LMG probably replaces the M240B or comparable LMGs.

But the purpose of a SAW and thus automatic rifleman is provide a large volume of fire, can't do that with a 30 rnd magazine. That's why I don't think it's an LMG, visually closer to an SMG.

Maybe not an LMG, but it's under the same idea as the M27, so IAR since we're dealing with new acronyms.

Maybe not an LMG, but it's under the same idea as the M27, so IAR since we're dealing with new acronyms.

Yea that's true, add on a simple drum mag and it's much closer to an LMG.

But the purpose of a SAW and thus automatic rifleman is provide a large volume of fire, can't do that with a 30 rnd magazine. That's why I don't think it's an LMG, visually closer to an SMG.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414MW0X5EXL._AIRSOFTGALLERY_.jpg

M249s can also load 30rnd magazines. It most definitely isn't an SMG.

To be honest, you're right, we don't know what it is. For all we know, it could be a MX. But, that doesn't change the very strong possibility that we can't customize the underbarrel attachments.

Edited by antoineflemming

Can anyone ID this from the silhouette? (assuming it's not fictional)

Only clue is that it says "pick mk8 Mortar".

artyo.jpg

The "X" in weapons name don´t indicate prototypes or whatever? It should be changed since it appears to be the main battle rifle for one of the teams...

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4788/artyo.jpg

M109a6 Paladin came to mind but it doesn't seem to be the same (barrel profile looks way different). That or the focus on the camera is obscuring details of the silhouette.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4788/artyo.jpg

Merkava body with some sort of modern arty turret on top. It´s been shown in one of the early games magazines, the press thread should have the picture. Unfortunately, there is no official screenshot of this vehicle yet.

I don't believe the A-10 will be in the game. The A-10 in RL is being replaced by the F-35 starting in 2028 and the game starts in 2035. However, we do no vehicles are modular and there have been countless screenshots of F-35s, so you could probably attach bombs to an F-35.

Booo.....I enjoy gun runs though :) Also, it's a plane from the 70's that's still (so far), seeing active duty and won't be replaced until 2028 or so.

And if the new game has aircraft bombing more than gun runs (guess CAS is up to the choppers now), then I hope there's a better way of commo between troops and the fighters. And that while in a fighter I can target something from say, 5K up at least. Or at the very least, a CCIP that works like it should would be handy :)

Nice find about MX a IAR version and KAC LMG is like SAW replacement and "LMX" is more like Hk IAR , because Marines likes to use normal magazines instead of those extended ones

Has there been anything said about distance modeling of sounds? A kalashnikov fired 500m away is going to sound totally different than 10m away, not just lower volume.

I haven't played ArmA in over 5 months so I might be wrong, but in A2 when you equip your NVG's if your character has eye wear, those vanish correct?

In the MX IAR screen we can see the NVG's going over the soldiers goggles:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9674/gunjr.jpg

This could very well mean that eye wear is now equipable in game, that particular helmet model came with goggles or that BI did something to the system and now eye wear does not vanish when the player or the AI uses NVG's

I wonder how many "layers" of equipment you can wear. Helmets, headphones, balaclavas, googles and so on, how they will couple together?

Nope, not the MX. That soldier was an automatic rifleman. He had an LMG, with a bipod, not an MX. So my statement still stands. No customization of underrail attachments.

But here's an MX with a vertical foregrip

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/9/99/Arma3-e3-2.jpg/600px-Arma3-e3-2.jpg

and here's one with the slanted version

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/0/06/Arma3gl.jpg/600px-Arma3gl.jpg

I wonder how many "layers" of equipment you can wear. Helmets, headphones, balaclavas, googles and so on, how they will couple together?

As it stands now: Fatigues(different types and camo patterns) + Headgear ( helmets, caps , watch caps, prob shemags as well) + vests ( chest rigs, bandoliers, load bearing,etc) + backpacks + one mastery slot which I personally think/hope it's eye wear or anything else that goes on the face, like a balaclava.

Vests can go over fatigues/scuba suit/probably civilian clothes or just over underwear.

The GL is part of the rifle model. If you look at the gear screen in the videos, the GL is not highlighted white, nor does it appear in the attachment slots.

Edited by Maio

You know all these modern GL's are mounted on rails ? you can unmount and mount it back pretty easy

It's fine to not have it detachable in the game ,but i hope those magazines have own model - like when you load C-mag into G36 and then it should have it , not like in arma 2

The GL is part of the rifle model. If you look at the gear screen in the videos, the GL is not highlighted white, nor does it appear in the attachment slots.

I agree that most likely Grenadier versions are separate models like in Arma II, but on the topic of underrail attachements, the top pic shows a vertical foregrip and the 2nd pic (the MX next to the MX3GL) has a Magpul angled foregrip.

Definitely part of the GL itself, like the M320 RL photo here: http://armytechnology.armylive.dodli...0GL_image1.jpg

Sorry, i was talking about the AFG on the rifle in the upper right of that pic, not the pistol grip of the 3GL in the centre.

I agree that most likely Grenadier versions are separate models like in Arma II, but on the topic of underrail attachements, the top pic shows a vertical foregrip and the 2nd pic (the MX next to the MX3GL) has a Magpul angled foregrip.

The MX with the Magpul AFG is the carbine version of the rifle (M4), while the the one with the vertical foregrip is the longer barrel version (M16)

it would be awsome if the custimitation let you use civil clothes like a police uniform och a fancy suit.

Then we coud do a James Bond mission!

it would be awsome if the custimitation let you use civil clothes like a police uniform och a fancy suit.

Then we coud do a James Bond mission!

You can use civilians clothes ;) To what extent, we don't know yet... it might be a campaign only feature, but if it's not I guess it will work just like the normal customization.

Rocket talking about DayZ on A3:

There’s also a different approach to structures – like underground structures. That kind of stuff would be great for Day Z. Just perfect for it.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/13/interview-whats-next-for-day-z/#more-111671

They said it was planned, but now its kind of confirmed.

And that is only the 1st paragraph, reading the rest.

EDIT: nothing more regarding A3 features.

Edited by Smurf

Well, I think you can add underground structures to the list, unless it's misquoted or theoretically speaking. Can a dev confirm this?

Hall: The night lighting is just fantastic. And it’s definitely something ARMA has struggled with before. There’s also a different approach to structures – like underground structures. That kind of stuff would be great for Day Z The night lighting is just fantastic. And it’s definitely something ARMA has struggled with before. There’s also a different approach to structures – like underground structures

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - "Interview: What's Next For Day Z"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/13/interview-whats-next-for-day-z/

EDIT: Ninja'd :butbut: