Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Keep in that in mind - that cargo is badly seen ,because of angle captured picture

and one more thing - can you tell me other reason to have those slide doors?

I just realized that I was thinking of a "troop storage" area . Yeah you might be right , that could be a cargo hold . They could carry ammunition in there ...

Some Russian helicopters have had a small hatch space for the ability to pick up downed pilots. These are not regular troop cargo spaces, the guy has to really squeeze in.

Some Russian helicopters have had a small hatch space for the ability to pick up downed pilots. These are not regular troop cargo spaces, the guy has to really squeeze in.

But the hind had some troop transporting capabilitys, and some major firepower.

My money's on it being a Hind style passenger bay. I'm only expecting it to seat around four troops though.

I thought it says NO discussion in the title.

I thought it says NO discussion in the title.

Hehe , I changed the rules :p . As long as it's related to the features , it's OK to discuss .

Never saw the door. So no Hind at all, since this replaces it? :(

hell, this replaces both ka 50/52 havoc and hind.:p

but no I dont think it will, Hind is just such a famous and the fans love it(I love it)

question: are you sure that the merkava is also present in the screen showing a mi-28 and ifv? couldn't be the russian black eagle instead of the jewish tank?

hell, this replaces both ka 50/52 havoc and hind.:p

but no I dont think it will, Hind is just such a famous and the fans love it(I love it)

Let's hope so :( The guerillas ahve to have some old Hinds :o

question: are you sure that the merkava is also present in the screen showing a mi-28 and ifv? couldn't be the russian black eagle instead of the jewish tank?

Yes , I am positive . The black eagle had the frontal part of the turret shaped like a semi circle . Plus it has that distinctive T-50/60/70/80/90 look from the front .

No, it is clearly the Merkava 4M.

But the hind had some troop transporting capabilitys, and some major firepower.
My money's on it being a Hind style passenger bay. I'm only expecting it to seat around four troops though.

While the Mi-28 is not intended for use as a transport, it does have a small passenger compartment capable of carrying three people. The planned purpose of this is to enable the rescue of downed helicopter crews.

The fuselage of the Mi-28 has a bay fitted with a hatch door. The bay can accommodate three people for the rescue of downed friendly air crew.

You can see the hatch here under the left engine (scroll through the pictures):

http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/mil_mi28_havoc_images.htm

While the Mi-28 is not intended for use as a transport, it does have a small passenger compartment capable of carrying three people. The planned purpose of this is to enable the rescue of downed helicopter crews.

The fuselage of the Mi-28 has a bay fitted with a hatch door. The bay can accommodate three people for the rescue of downed friendly air crew.

You can see the hatch here under the left engine (scroll through the pictures):

http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/mil_mi28_havoc_images.htm

Thanks for clearing that up . Seems the canon really is that big :D

Are you shure that is a Merkava? It shares some of the characteristics, but it definitely doesn't resemble a Merkava MK IV to full 100%.

Look at the differently shaped turret. The MK IV has a noticably lower profile than the one in the ArmA III picture. And it resembles the other models of the Merkava even less. Maybe is SUPPOSED to be a Merkava MK IV, but it doesn't look much like one to me.

PS - maybe it's the view angle that makes the difference.

PPS - sorry for "discussing" it here, but wanted to point this out.

Edited by Tulx
Afterthought

I served alongside the Merkava 4, and 4M. I'm pretty sure I can tell that it is a Merkava 4M. :)

I'm sure I'll regret this, but I think I'll take the word of some guy from the internet. Thanks for pointing out.

Still - am I the only one who thinks the Merkava in the photography looks lower-profile?

Added the teaser trailer , now that's been uploaded by BIS on their YT channel .

ohh boy now it will be a long list!

http://www.zing.cz/screenshoty/2625/arma-3/image-43901#image=43902

check all those awesome pictures out!

OK, I'm going to start listing what I see:

TAR-21 Tavor

M-249 SAW

Plasan M/ATV

Merkava 4M (In both Israeli Camo and Israeli OD Green)

Namer AFV (though without the Iron Fist system for some reason)

RAH-66 Comanche

"Hamok Hybrid" (Fictional)

F-35A

One other thing I noticed, is the flag on the "enemy", seems to be Iranian hybrid. My guess is that BiS made a smart move, in order to incorporate the IDF (weapons and vehicles) but without actually including the IDF, they made it as if the IDF got overun and the Iranians are now using the IDF weapons. Just a guess.

List updated . The M-ATV seems to be from Oshkosh .

OK, I'm going to start listing what I see:

TAR-21 Tavor

M-249 SAW

Plasan M/ATV

Merkava 4M (In both Israeli Camo and Israeli OD Green)

Namer AFV (though without the Iron Fist system for some reason)

RAH-66 Comanche

"Hamok Hybrid" (Fictional)

F-35A

One other thing I noticed, is the flag on the "enemy", seems to be Iranian hybrid. My guess is that BiS made a smart move, in order to incorporate the IDF (weapons and vehicles) but without actually including the IDF, they made it as if the IDF got overun and the Iranians are now using the IDF weapons. Just a guess.

By M-249 Saw you probably mean this?

Thats not a M249, but one of the latest generations Stoner LMG.

Seeing that Arma 3 pic twice makes me wonder what's up with the ammo?