Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Don't be silly... everybody knows that in the future, there will be only 1 universal currency conveniently titled "credits"... that or beer and soda can rings...

or even better: bullets

How about a Knife?

Knives have not been confirmed and unless BI wants to surprise us and introduce melee combat, I doubt they will be ingame.

What I would like about knives are that it will add more diversity for addons to make use of. I can see the ARMA 2 Medieval Warfare mod at the moment, but it would be much easier if melee weapons were included from start.

What about a Napoleonic Warfare or WWI mod? Back then, swords and bayonets really counted. Zombie-related stuff and Stalker style mods could benefit from this as well. And of course, there are situations in modern warfare where a knife could cone in handy. For example, I greatly missed one in Eagle Wing, because ammo was so scarce that it was very easy to run dry and finding a new gun was rather difficult. Aside from knives, there should be some form of unarmed meele combat, Semper Fu and the like. While I don't think that ArmA needs to simulate differences between martial arts (at least, not yet...), a way to simply clobber someone either with the butt of a gun or barehanded could add to CQC (I think we all agree it needs some adding to, not only in that regard).

Let's wait for DayZ SA, that may hint at something. You can't have a zombie game without melee.

Last I heard (okay so this was under Dan Musil) was that there was no plan to implement melee formally in RV4/Arma 3, so melee is definitely not on the confirmed list.

Ugh guys I just found Marek Spanel's blog

http://maruksp.tumblr.com/

And that post from 4 months ago kinda worries me.

Does it mean ArmA3 will now ditch airplane/helicopter cockpits too? Seriously?

I don't know if you're joking or not, but that's a jab at Codemasters removing cockpit view from GRID 2 or whatever car racing game they're making.

OK I'm stupid.

I forgot exactly when that CM's thing happened.

Don't mind me. I'll go sit in the corner.

Quick question on 2 things:

Has BI stated anything about releasing updated modding tools ahead of time, so maybe we could see some user maps quicker after launch?

Has the netcode had any improvements? I know Arma II 1.56 (I believe) patch fixed a lot of issues with it, but just wondering if they done anything more to it.

i would assume there will be tools releases with alpha, or at least be able to use the existing tools. at least is what i was able o gather.

Mod support was supposed to be in as early as the public alpha, but no further elaboration on that.

Was the storyline heavily changed? I havent been staying updated but last I heard, the island was under full Iranian control and MacMillian was on some secret mission to take out a super weapon when everything went wrong, leaving him as a sole survivor or something?

Have you guys played the EA Games where you can download your own game face (photo) and add to your player? I wish ArmA series had this function as well, it would be awsome.

Have you guys played the EA Games where you can download your own game face (photo) and add to your player? I wish ArmA series had this function as well, it would be awsome.

You've been around here for 3.5 years, so you're either joking or just haven't found it yet. (*cough* face.jpg, since 2001 *cough*)