Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Completely Extensible & Moddable:

Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

"intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor." thats the word your going for. Its bad. nothing of value has changed since Arma 1. Its a time consuming and bad editor. How about an option to select and edit more than one object at a time??

The majority of the buildings on Altis and Stratis are enterable and can be destroyed.

I wouldnt boast about that. Its arma 3, We would have expected all buildings to be entarable by now. Which they arent.

Improved MP interface

How is it improved?

Hands now move with the steering wheel.

Again, wouldnt go on about it. Would expect it by default. Fact that it wasnt like that is rather bad.

Improved UAV's

which sometime explode when you try and use them. Always good to have that on "final" releases.

Working mirrors and MFD's

depending on system specs lol

The EBR aka M14 has been around for longer then most of you who "think" you know about it have been alive. Add to that the daddy rifle before that has been around even longer, however this argument is stupid and has no sense on reality what so ever. Note the bold. Most of you probably don't realize this rifle is just a stock and rail switch up for the most part, and actually weighs down the M14 a lot. Frankly not my choice in real life but hey each there own, but I have played with several of the rifles in game in real life, or the basic version of it. Many of the "this gun isn't right" crap just gets old from people who don't know anything in the first place but read it online etc.

With 3 seconds of research.....

Argentina: Used by Argentine soldiers of C Company, Regimento (Especial) de Infanteria 25 in the Falklands War at the Battle of Goose Green and San Carlos.[16]

Australia: small quantities of XM21 sniper variants were issued by the Australian Army in the Vietnam War. M14 EBRs were also fielded by Australian special forces in Afghanistan.[48][49][50]

Colombia[51]

Costa Rica[51]

Dominican Republic[51]

Ecuador[51]

El Salvador[51]

Eritrea[51]

Estonia: Adopted by Estonian military as marksman's rifle, modified by E-Arsenal called the Täpsuspüss M14-TP (Precision Rifle M14-PR), with heavy barrel, bipod, synthetic stock, and optical 4X sight.[52][53]

Ethiopia[51]

Greece: Hellenic Navy

Haiti: Used by Haitian security forces in the 2004 Haitian coup d'état.[16]

Honduras[51]

Israel: Used as sniper rifle with eventual conversion and production as M89SR.[16][54]

Laos[citation needed]

Lithuania: Lithuanian Armed Forces.[55]

Morocco[citation needed]

Niger[51]

Uhhh yeahhhh, Greece is part of NATO! I don't see Iran on that list, or any country that could really be considered aversarial to NATO.

The point is it ruins the ambiance of the game when your playing NATO vs CSAT and the CSAT guys are using obviously a NATO gun. Nobody said anything about how the gun handled. Was it really that hard to create an AK variant marksman rifle? However, it sounds like a proper CSAT Marksman rifle is in the works and the EBR is just a placeholder, so I am happy.

However, it sounds like a proper CSAT Marksman rifle is in the works and the EBR is just a placeholder, so I am happy.
Excuse me if I tease that attitudes like this are why BI "knew" that they could get away with such limited content at launch. :p

Greenspan again let me point out you obviously don't know crap about the firearms industry. Frankly sorry for the crappy attitude toward your post, but I deal with blind logic(ideas that sound fine but aren't supported). I understand the whole MERICA feel and the M14 family is based of American rifles, however the case isn't solid. First 2035 thats a lot of time for people to sell Iran or any other country these rifles. Not to mention this tidbit of info. Greece helping Iran get oil sold, businessmen subverting the import ban on Iran oil in the first place, and add that all up with Iran having a embassy and good relations with Iran.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2068510/Greeks-block-EU-bid-ban-Iranian-oil-imports-choke-funds-Tehran-regime.html

Iran received 165490 M1 rifles from the U.S. government prior to 1964
Which is in part a base model for the M14 reverse engineer the M14 off the couple rifles alone isn't hard Norinco sells a reasonable (not identical) variation of the M14 style rifle.

With that said I am sorry you are having a hard time wrapping your head around all this, but your reasoning isn' justified, so I can't feel for you you to much other then I wish American made stayed in America. Add to that I think your argument doesn't hold up, and I doubt in reality that Iran wouldn't make a clone if the weapon was that amazing.... Which it really isn't anything special, but people love the rifle because of the history and its cool looking.

MistyRonin is right from the Dev side but the in all honesty they are still greek property at the moment, which means they will have greek tech... at the moment who knows what the game and 2035 will hold in store for us.

My favorite off-BI forums reaction:

stop being so whiny about your gear in a videogame, we drive so many murica tanks and shoot so many murica guns that it's actually refreshing to see something even slightly different.

edit: you dirty yank

Excuse me if I tease that attitudes like this are why BI "knew" that they could get away with such limited content at launch. :p

Your excused, I 100% agree. Let me clairify, I am specifically happy that they recognize the problem of the CSAT marksman rifle and are working to fix it. Thats it. I will accept as "we're working on it" excuse for a period of time.

If they need to release a little early to beat BF4 or whatever, fine, as long as they continue to work to finish their product (and not simply rely on the mod community to finish it for them). It would be interesting to see how much BIS spent developing ARMA3 compared to BF4 or GTAV, games that will all probably be released at about the same price point.

If they need to release a little early to beat BF4 or whatever, fine, as long as they continue to work to finish their product (and not simply rely on the mod community to finish it for them). It would be interesting to see how much BIS spent developing ARMA3 compared to BF4 or GTAV, games that will all probably be released at about the same price point.

Considering the mod support and the scenario editor ArmA3 does in fact potentially way more content than most games out there, especially when taking into account how the Battlefield series has changed from BF2 to BF4.

In this case I definitely agree with your point.

Greenspan again let me point out you obviously don't know crap about the firearms industry. Frankly sorry for the crappy attitude toward your post, but I deal with blind logic(ideas that sound fine but aren't supported). I understand the whole MERICA feel and the M14 family is based of American rifles, however the case isn't solid. First 2035 thats a lot of time for people to sell Iran or any other country these rifles. Not to mention this tidbit of info. Greece helping Iran get oil sold, businessmen subverting the import ban on Iran oil in the first place, and add that all up with Iran having a embassy and good relations with Iran.

Agree,

and 80% of AR-15 parts market are holding by chinese manufacturers (red kommie- and their parts are not bad because CQ-M4 is considered as one of the best AR-15).

New CSAT marksman rifle! Russian made VSU-121! It's a bullpup DMR, check it out at arma3.com or look up VSU-121.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

New CSAT marksman rifle! Russian made VSU-121! It's a bullpup DMR, check it out at arma3.com or look up VSU-121.

Sorry, I meant VS-121.

1st post needs to be updated with Yorris optic, Zubr Revolver, and Rahim Marksman rifle. The OPFOR CAS and the IND IFV are still concepts, so...

still need some Fast Rope in the helicopters plz

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

and can get in some bunkers there is on the map

still need some Fast Rope in the helicopters plz

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

and can get in some bunkers there is on the map

Sorry mate wrong thread, here we only speak about confirmed features.

Try this instead

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125819-ArmA-3-Community-wishes-amp-ideas-NO-DISCUSSION

Any clues about the new MP feature Dsylexi was refering too in his latest community video?

Just speculation, but maybe it's being able to join any servers and download the mods to get on there. Or maybe it's something about user interaction. Hmmmmm.

So, guess what I found while checking out the tactical guide for sale on Sprocket? "Bulldog" (the KSG) and the AA-12! How about that? Link: https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/a3_tactical_guide/a3_tactical_quide_5.jpg

EDIT: https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/a3_tactical_guide/a3_tactical_quide_13.jpg

Also shown in the guide is an F-35, thought to be lost as part of not bringing in any old content, so who really knows what's in.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

Very fun game I have been having a blast playing with my friends and everyone. The multiplayer has so many great people, I have never seen such a great community!

So, guess what I found while checking out the tactical guide for sale on Sprocket? "Bulldog" (the KSG) and the AA-12! How about that? Link: https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/a3_tactical_guide/a3_tactical_quide_5.jpg

EDIT: https://store.bistudio.com/images/screenshots/a3_tactical_guide/a3_tactical_quide_13.jpg

Also shown in the guide is an F-35, thought to be lost as part of not bringing in any old content, so who really knows what's in.

Lol, stereotypical shotguns. Is what the guide says about weapons and vehicles realistic? Or isn't unrealistic and forcing things to be stuck that way?

Let's just say that whatever the guide says isn't always reflected in the state of the game, and not just in the graphics in the guide either...