Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Take it you didn't read the first bit of the post then?

Thank you, I've read it. But the question is relevant.

Objects like tactical vests will have weight and different carrying capacities as well as different protection values.

Headgear will offer different levels of projectile protection.[/b]

The game will feature an improved wounding system (no specifics for as of yet)

Shock waves will be simulated.

Improved artillery system- set the angle etc manually

Vehicles can now be towed.

Blood loss will be simulated, including blood trails

?????

Not done / done wrong or badly( One question - when???:mad:

I've removed the highlighted list items until we get another statement from BI.

we are lucky if BIS will do patches the game

You mean like the ones we get on devbranch on a (almost) daily basis :) ?

Hold on, shockwaves are simulated. The force of explosions lets soldiers and other objects fly through the air. Helmets and vests do offer real protection. (See how many bullets you need to kill someone that is naked with a pistol against someone who is wearing body armor). Due to PhysX vehicles can indeed be towed (There is no vanilla option to do so but when pettka told this to me, he was talking about the technical possibility). Blood loss is simulated visually but has no detailed impact on the player yet. It's a pity about the lack of feature advancements of the medical and injury system though. :(

Hold on, shockwaves are simulated. The force of explosions lets soldiers and other objects fly through the air. Helmets and vests do offer real protection. (See how many bullets you need to kill someone that is naked with a pistol against someone who is wearing body armor). Due to PhysX vehicles can indeed be towed (There is no vanilla option to do so but when pettka told this to me, he was talking about the technical possibility). Blood loss is simulated visually but has no detailed impact on the player yet. It's a pity about the lack of feature advancements of the medical and injury system though. :(

I look at it every day in the editor! This is terrible. How long have you watched it?

Civil T-shirt - 1 shot 6.5 mm in the chest at close range, and it's alive! Really?

The shooter in good body armor gets hit with a distance of 600 meters of 5.56 ordinary bullet. And. .. He gets hurt! Really?)

This is nonsense.

We are talking about do a good job. It is not about excuses. No one is going to sue) promises must be kept.

It looks like an mk14, but it is in the wrong side, opfor use it.

the right thing would be NATO to use it

Are you sure that is wrong? I mean the NATO marksman uses the MXM, an MX with improved stock.

I think it was intended this way ( at least for the release )

Are you sure that is wrong? I mean the NATO marksman uses the MXM, an MX with improved stock.

I think it was intended this way ( at least for the release )

Same here; it seemed no coincidence that the NATO marksman rifle was (originally) 7.62 mm just like the then-EBR, meaning that both sides had their respective marksman rifles.

Imagine the future... NATO develops and standardizes the MX series rifles. Mk14 EBR's end up getting sold as obsolete for 'modern' armies. The weapons end up in the hands of the CSAT forces.

That is from china, they copy everything =D, shoes, watchs, guns etc =D , and the chinese military don't use this

That is from china, they copy everything =D, shoes, watchs, guns etc =D , and the chinese military don't use this

As I said read the users section. Well, let me quote it at least:

Iran makes a copy of the CQ as S-5.56, used by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Infantry.

But if an mk18 start to be manufactured is more likely to be in the hands of Americans or Iranian?

with this ar-15, first the chinese make a copy then they sell it to iran

I think the ABR on CSAT is a placeholder for incoming new CSAT marksman rifle + new scope

They(devs) spoke anything about that?

Don't try to make sense out of the game, the developers didnt.

Only that they expect one and heavy pistols to be included as part of the "Survive" update.

I'd consider this low on my list of priorities, but I agree. They couldn't come up with a Dragonov or HK variant?

And while we're on the topic, what happened to any of the AK variants? I'm sure they'll be around for at least another 20yrs. Also, I think it would be fun to have a team with "out dated" (i.e. circa 2013 or cold war) weapons, simmilar to the Taki Locals in A2 or the Resistance in OFP.

They could add some kind of PMC supporting the CSAT, for example a russian one with the future ak...

In the context of the "2035" setting, that would seem to be 5.56 mm weapons in general...

In the context of the "2035" setting, that would seem to be 5.56 mm weapons in general...

maybe not...star trek here we come http://www.army.mil/article/109049/

here is an article showing the 5 candidates one of them uses a 6.8 and one of the others comes in 7.62 and 5.56

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-205_162-10006737.html

who really knows what 2035 will bring...maybe will see the first T1000 ,i feel sorry for any one named sarah conner :) I mean look at all the unmanned stuff we are using now.

The EBR aka M14 has been around for longer then most of you who "think" you know about it have been alive. Add to that the daddy rifle before that has been around even longer, however this argument is stupid and has no sense on reality what so ever. Note the bold. Most of you probably don't realize this rifle is just a stock and rail switch up for the most part, and actually weighs down the M14 a lot. Frankly not my choice in real life but hey each there own, but I have played with several of the rifles in game in real life, or the basic version of it. Many of the "this gun isn't right" crap just gets old from people who don't know anything in the first place but read it online etc.

With 3 seconds of research.....

Argentina: Used by Argentine soldiers of C Company, Regimento (Especial) de Infanteria 25 in the Falklands War at the Battle of Goose Green and San Carlos.[16]

Australia: small quantities of XM21 sniper variants were issued by the Australian Army in the Vietnam War. M14 EBRs were also fielded by Australian special forces in Afghanistan.[48][49][50]

Colombia[51]

Costa Rica[51]

Dominican Republic[51]

Ecuador[51]

El Salvador[51]

Eritrea[51]

Estonia: Adopted by Estonian military as marksman's rifle, modified by E-Arsenal called the Täpsuspüss M14-TP (Precision Rifle M14-PR), with heavy barrel, bipod, synthetic stock, and optical 4X sight.[52][53]

Ethiopia[51]

Greece: Hellenic Navy

Haiti: Used by Haitian security forces in the 2004 Haitian coup d'état.[16]

Honduras[51]

Israel: Used as sniper rifle with eventual conversion and production as M89SR.[16][54]

Laos[citation needed]

Lithuania: Lithuanian Armed Forces.[55]

Morocco[citation needed]

Niger[51]

The EBR aka M14 has been around for longer then most of you who "think" you know about it have been alive. Add to that the daddy rifle before that has been around even longer, however this argument is stupid and has no sense on reality what so ever. Note the bold. Most of you probably don't realize this rifle is just a stock and rail switch up for the most part, and actually weighs down the M14 a lot. Frankly not my choice in real life but hey each there own, but I have played with several of the rifles in game in real life, or the basic version of it. Many of the "this gun isn't right" crap just gets old from people who don't know anything in the first place but read it online etc.

With 3 seconds of research.....

Argentina: Used by Argentine soldiers of C Company, Regimento (Especial) de Infanteria 25 in the Falklands War at the Battle of Goose Green and San Carlos.[16]

Australia: small quantities of XM21 sniper variants were issued by the Australian Army in the Vietnam War. M14 EBRs were also fielded by Australian special forces in Afghanistan.[48][49][50]

Colombia[51]

Costa Rica[51]

Dominican Republic[51]

Ecuador[51]

El Salvador[51]

Eritrea[51]

Estonia: Adopted by Estonian military as marksman's rifle, modified by E-Arsenal called the Täpsuspüss M14-TP (Precision Rifle M14-PR), with heavy barrel, bipod, synthetic stock, and optical 4X sight.[52][53]

Ethiopia[51]

Greece: Hellenic Navy

Haiti: Used by Haitian security forces in the 2004 Haitian coup d'état.[16]

Honduras[51]

Israel: Used as sniper rifle with eventual conversion and production as M89SR.[16][54]

Laos[citation needed]

Lithuania: Lithuanian Armed Forces.[55]

Morocco[citation needed]

Niger[51]

green army = greece right?

Edited by aoshi