Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

It's a US/UK combo I think.

I get that according to the original lore, there is a UKSF team, and US general army infantry, is this still true? I don't like how there really hasn't been much reveal of lore

I get that according to the original lore, there is a UKSF team, and US general army infantry, is this still true? I don't like how there really hasn't been much reveal of lore

I think it's relatively on the same path. At least, the uniforms tend to be a MTP-ish style, which is what the UK now uses. Some very british accents too etc. I guess we'll have to see :')

Hello!

There is my first post!

Anyone knows why there are not armored combat engineering vehicles Like M104 Wolverine in the Arma? Or anything about engineering warfare ( bridge construction, fortifications, bridgelaying...)

Thanks !

There actually is a ARV variant of the Namer APC called "CRV-6e Bobcat tracked engineering vehicle" which will be available in the full release on the 12th september

There actually is a ARV variant of the Namer APC called "CRV-6e Bobcat tracked engineering vehicle" which will be available in the full release on the 12th september

And hopefully that's just the start - I'd find it a bit odd if they only included (one) ARV, and be a bit disappointed if they didn't branch off more than in ArmA 2 where you basically had:

-Rearm Truck

-Ambulance

-Repair Truck

-Refuel Truck

Adding more non-combat yet still militaristic vehicles would add a whole new dimension.

Are we still getting a civilian repair truck and that cop car? Or for that matter, what happened to the old sports car in one of the first videos? Civilian stuff is important for missions as well, and based on vehicle list we're only getting hatchback and such things for civilians, compared to the variety of civilian vehicles we had in Arma 2.

Are we still getting a civilian repair truck and that cop car? Or for that matter, what happened to the old sports car in one of the first videos? Civilian stuff is important for missions as well, and based on vehicle list we're only getting hatchback and such things for civilians, compared to the variety of civilian vehicles we had in Arma 2.

According to the dev branch field manual entries, the Hatchback also has a 'sporty variant', which I would assume is the same sports car we saw previously. As for the repair truck and police car, those exist in the beta right now; just not accessible without scripting. Another interesting tidbit - the field manual also lists a 4x4 truck with 3 variants, as well as an Offroad armed with a .50 cal machinegun.

Sorry I'm late to the party but... Only one jet is coming with the full game? What? Even OFP at least came with two jets and a Cessna :(

So much for multiplayer equality.

One for release and more 2 CAS soon after release.

Im pretty sure that the official content will grow in every campaing episode pack. More planes, more ammo/weapons and more subfactions will appear then. We need to be patient, that's all.

The IR strobes will be nice. I've been playing around with an AC-130 mod, and it would be a little easier to identify friendly targets with the IR strobe being functional

I'd like to see vehicle smoke generation ability (via engine exhaust) and immediate smoke launchers, as opposed to "flowing" or "streaming" smoke grenade launchers.

http://imgur.com/a/p1cCe

New fancy tuner car and Hatchback confirmed with it's nice colors, in addition to a (in my opinion) silly looking truck we can find wrecks of on Stratis. Also, in a Gamescom vid in the Reveals thread there were support variants of the HEMTT, and also one variant with absolutely nothing on the back. Also, it appeared there was an Offroad in hex camo with INDFOR colors, though I'm probably mistaken.

Funny...I could've sworn I saw that 4WD with the 12.7mm on the back (or whatever MG) in a Syrian war video on Youtube! (Allah Akhbar!!). I'm assuming the AI would be scripted to be able to use these vehicles right?

Funny...I could've sworn I saw that 4WD with the 12.7mm on the back (or whatever MG) in a Syrian war video on Youtube! (Allah Akhbar!!). I'm assuming the AI would be scripted to be able to use these vehicles right?

Well they probably would, I think it featured in ArmA 2. Even then you could probably script in some way to make them use it (get in driver/gunner etc)

Hey, does anyone know if the domes with windows will really have biohazardous things inside? It says so on the door. :P

SPOILERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(No srsly, I´m like, staying miles away from the domes. They're like, THE secret that was hinted at for the campaign, I don't wanna know what's in there. Maybe they should've replaced all spoilery logos with alien warning signs.

SPOILERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(No srsly, I´m like, staying miles away from the domes. They're like, THE secret that was hinted at for the campaign, I don't wanna know what's in there. Maybe they should've replaced all spoilery logos with alien warning signs.

How is that a spoiler? Okay, there's some biohazard. Do we know what it is? No. I just saw some small trailers in there. Nothing more. There's literally nothing inside the buildings.

Edited by antoineflemming

What is the possibility of seeing some popular modern material in ArmA 3 Full Release? Of course, more than half of the community are heavily reliant on the original equipment like HUMVEE's... M16, M4's, AK's, RPG's, AT4's, M2's, Abrams... is this only going to be fantasy? If people release mods, how will servers account to having their clients\players having each individual mod to play with. This makes me feel very uncomfortable knowing that everything isn't included into the game, does anyone get what I'm saying?

It is hard to rely on ACE DEV Team for everything, because they show lack of interest too. As there is no prior material to work off of...

What is the possibility of seeing some popular modern material in ArmA 3 Full Release? Of course, more than half of the community are heavily reliant on the original equipment like HUMVEE's... M16, M4's, AK's, RPG's, AT4's, M2's, Abrams... is this only going to be fantasy? If people release mods, how will servers account to having their clients\players having each individual mod to play with. This makes me feel very uncomfortable knowing that everything isn't included into the game, does anyone get what I'm saying?

It is hard to rely on ACE DEV Team for everything, because they show lack of interest too. As there is no prior material to work off of...

1) By what are you measuring "half" the community?

2) near future, fictional weapons (that do function just like real weapons) are not fantasy.

3) All of the vehicles in the game are or are derived from vehicles that currently exist.

So pretty much your question is if this game will take place in 2007. And the answer is no.