Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Actually, the TRG rifle series description in the Field Manual mentions "GREEN Guerillas", so they're not ruled out.

http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00018 We know what the Panther is, but what could the BTR-K Kamysh be?

EDIT: nevermind. Just went ingame. Also apparently Iran is renamed CSAT and the indep is AAF.

In addition, apparently the Iranian AA vehicle based off the Kamysh is the ZSU-39 Tigris, while NATO have their own AA Panther, but without carrying capacity due to ammo so maybe Merkava has extra ammo in place of carrying soldiers. Also, they get an ambulance version of their's.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

I think he is wondering about what the real life counterpart of the BTR-K could be.

To answer the question, it resembles the german Puma and the 2T Stalker but does not have an exact copy as we know it atm. In the field manual it's described as a case of russian industrial espionage where design has been stolen from Israeli IFV's and remade to suit the requirements. The turret is a RCWS-30 from Rafael.

I wonder if I'm missing something..

on the arma 3 website it says this:

f0bdc9c6953c878f2ddabbba7b109a93.png

Beta: 3 factions > NATO, CSAT and AAF. Alltough there are civi's in the beta, they're not concidered as a faction. (else it would've said 4 factions)

Full game: 5 factions > NATO, CSAT, AAF, Guerilla's.. and??

In uniform list, there are SAS beret and Russian cap, SAS probably in NATO and Russian in Independant. Or smugglers/bandits factions like it was writed on the old ArmA III official website

http://gyazo.com/f0bdc9c6953c878f2ddabbba7b109a93.png

Beta: 3 factions > NATO, CSAT and AAF. Alltough there are civi's in the beta, they're not concidered as a faction. (else it would've said 4 factions)

I'm still assuming Russia gets in there somehow. Didn't there used to be Russian textures?

http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00018 We know what the Panther is, but what could the BTR-K Kamysh be?

EDIT: nevermind. Just went ingame. Also apparently Iran is renamed CSAT and the indep is AAF.

In addition, apparently the Iranian AA vehicle based off the Kamysh is the ZSU-39 Tigris, while NATO have their own AA Panther, but without carrying capacity due to ammo so maybe Merkava has extra ammo in place of carrying soldiers. Also, they get an ambulance version of their's.

yes we know what a panther is....bad name selection for arma 3

http://anitsoy.com/imglib/_newimage/best/40566/panther_front.jpg (201 kB)

it says in beta 18 vehicles... in full game theirs 20+ vehicles...

so there aint a great deal of vehicles in the final release then so an extra 4 on each side?

taken into concideration the following..

- support vehicles (ambulance, ammo, repair, fuel) - theres 16 right there (each side)

- tanks (artillary, battle tanks) - so roughly 6 added? (each side)

- planes&helicopters (jets x3?, a few more helicopters) - so maybe another 6 - 8 vehicles?? (each side)

- civilian cars (cars, trucks, etc...) so what maybe another 6 there?

so in total ROUGHLY another 30ish on top of the 18 we apparently have.. so shouldnt it say something like 40+?? or are we getting stitched on something?

No, because most of it will be a variant of an already existing vehicle (like in the previous arma series).

Yes, that's reactive armor :) Here's a better screenshot of it. Though it's not known wether it's actually functional

Well... in Arma 2 the tusk version of m1a1 simply had more hitpoints... so it might be similar in Arma 3... unfortunately(i hope that i'm wrong), although trophy system on different screenshots has different angles, so it might be animated... if it is animated... then... maybe it's working :P

Edited by Byku

hmmm tired ctrl + F and typed campaign and nothing showed up apart from ToH stuff thats crossed out...

haha no campaign ;) oh yeah i forgot after release

New Green army APC! Check out PCGames' interview with the devs! When they are looking at the UAVs, in the backround you can see some striders and new APCs! Can anyone identify these?

Nato, CSAT, AAF, Bandits, Civilians. I think they do consider the civilians as a faction, otherwise I would suspect we will see an additional Guerrilla faction. There are bandit textures for many Uniforms anyway, and a Bandit leader's codename seems to appear in the files too. Maybe Nato, CSAT, occupied Altian security forces (ie, CSAT supporting Native guerrillas.), Altian Armed Forces who may be actually opposed to both blue and red and finally Kabeiroi bandits grown from preexisting criminal networks on the Island, who may be running the black market (and thus may be useful to whoever can bribe them onto their side, since they can control the civilian population without exerting any force bar raising black market prices and starving them of water and food.).

The political situation on the Island is very complicated at any rate, so I understand that a good campaign will take time. However, I would be disappointed if we would see more recycled Vehicles from previous installments. The kamaz and the kasatka are already and basically Arma 2 models (the Kamaz even appears in Game 2 screenshots from before 2006, if they used the same model, so that's pre Armed Assault vintage.), so I´d not be sure I´d like to see the green APC be something we've already had before.

Also depends on how well done it is, too. There are some very slight quality disparities across some of the art assets in the game already, and I´d hate for more to pop up as the time pressure mounts. But we've had so many good surprises with the Ifrit, Marid and BTR-K already, so I´m hopeful that other things that will still be introduced will be up to standards too.

anyone got a photo of the bandits??

Nato, CSAT, AAF, Bandits, Civilians. I think they do consider the civilians as a faction, otherwise I would suspect we will see an additional Guerrilla faction. There are bandit textures for many Uniforms anyway, and a Bandit leader's codename seems to appear in the files too. Maybe Nato, CSAT, occupied Altian security forces (ie, CSAT supporting Native guerrillas.), Altian Armed Forces who may be actually opposed to both blue and red and finally Kabeiroi bandits grown from preexisting criminal networks on the Island, who may be running the black market (and thus may be useful to whoever can bribe them onto their side, since they can control the civilian population without exerting any force bar raising black market prices and starving them of water and food.).

The political situation on the Island is very complicated at any rate, so I understand that a good campaign will take time. However, I would be disappointed if we would see more recycled Vehicles from previous installments. The kamaz and the kasatka are already and basically Arma 2 models (the Kamaz even appears in Game 2 screenshots from before 2006, if they used the same model, so that's pre Armed Assault vintage.), so I´d not be sure I´d like to see the green APC be something we've already had before.

Also depends on how well done it is, too. There are some very slight quality disparities across some of the art assets in the game already, and I´d hate for more to pop up as the time pressure mounts. But we've had so many good surprises with the Ifrit, Marid and BTR-K already, so I´m hopeful that other things that will still be introduced will be up to standards too.

Here is a screenshot of a yet unknown faction or group. Though I suspect these particular outfits won't be in the final game.

By the way, you don't need to quote large posts if you're posting right below them. The quote is also usually meant to be in the beginning of the post so the context is clear from the start. :wink_o:

message understood.

those bandits look like afgan lol (only a little) lol

Though I suspect these particular outfits won't be in the final game.

And why is that?