Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

hopefully arma 3 will be made so less scripting has to be done as i have no idea how to script only the simple ones like... this setunitpos ***

Would this be a ship with a helicopter deck? I am admittedly interested in hearing just how such PhysX implementation is done... as whether this also made this moving ship walkable.

+1, could we have a sneaky little video please (I guess its something to do with the Italian navy mod?) to show it? Well done BIS and thank you mankyle for finding this out for us!

Also, does it work in MP does anyone know?

Edited by [EVO] Dan

you can drop an assault boat on altitude 2.5m above the cargopart of the HEMTT and it will stay there too. :)

Doesn't work for players though.. Yes I had to try. :p

Drop Boat from Hmett, thanks of the tips. It's more harder to mount a boat by the sea^^

Edited by GranolaBar

Just tried this in MP. It has some issues. Here are the various things me and my clanmate just tried.

-I drive the truck, and then my mate drives a boat in, it moves with the truck but clips out on even the slightest of turns.

-I drive truck, he has the boat, he gets the boat into the truck, he then gets out of boat, the truck then is unable to move when I drive it.

-I drive truck, he has the boat, he gets the boat into the truck, he then gets out of boat, then he gets in and drives the truck and it works pretty much perfectly.

So our conclusion was that on local vehicles it will work, but struggles over the MP, I wonder if this is going to be sorted?

I hope they give us a built in 'tie down' script. And a flatbed truck for bigger things.

Would be cool to take a flat bed trailer with a ramp, drive a LAV onto it and tie it down.

Yeah, some way to brace things would be good.

That clipping out in MP doesn't sound too good though.

no, it means you cant transport vehicles you weren't the last in. Could be an issue for carriers/ampib ships.

I seriously hope that BIS gets it all working, would be awesome to have.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

You can also drive a HEMTT with its back in the water, drive a boat into it and then transport the boat :)

PhysX :cool:

The HEMTT almost to me looks like it could float like the strider, can a simple script allow it to do that?

---------- Post added at 05:22 ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 ----------

Hopefully we see version on the HEMTT like this one with weapons: http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2676/abmthaadonhemttlgpt9.jpg and this flatbed version: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Hemtt_iraq.jpg/298px-Hemtt_iraq.jpg and then one of these to transport our HEMTT trucks that are carrying other vehicles: http://www.msw-modelle.com/articleImage/sx-imageXL/id-172-00070~no-0.jpg

hopefully arma 3 will be made so less scripting has to be done as i have no idea how to script only the simple ones like... this setunitpos ***

Well guess you're going to have to learn then :)

whats the easiest way to understand it all though :( i find it really really confusing

like arrays and nulls and whatever ^%^$&^()(.0505 symbols mean lol

dunno why we cant have something like "playername" standup/kneel/prone

grrr

Hm, looking back through livestream in this post, seeing things like autonomous. UAVs that blow things up on their own? Sounds interesting. I believe a while back before the Arma 3 website was redone turrets that could be manned or left on their own were mentioned though...

Also killing water confirmed :P

One of the biggest things for me int he franchise is fast roping. The reason I bought ArmA on the spot was because I was at the store, saw fast roping on the box, and bought it. So the first mod I always shoot for is fast roping.

I see that it says "Fast-roping will be sported by the engine". Does this mean it will be in the game, or will it still need to be modded, and its "supported".

And while i know fast roping isn't common anymore because of the risks, it IS still used from time to time, and I love using it for rough terrain insertions.

If I remember correctly, there are currently no plans to implement rope physics. Ivan talked about it last year and said it's not on the to-do-list. I hope the whole PhysX engine is modding-friendly because it don't seems like it is...

Edited by CriminalMinds

im sure ACE will implement either way they seem to do literally everything lol

If it was in

I'm not sure why it couldn't make it to Arma 3, if anything I imagine PhysX would've made fast roping better.

If it was in
I'm not sure why it couldn't make it to Arma 3, if anything I imagine PhysX would've made fast roping better.

I heard they are dropping the ToH features.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I hope they dont ToH in arma would be awesome.

Yeah I agree.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Bit late to comment, but this is all exciting stuff. I'm a big sucker for loadout and visual/gear costumization, so any improvements and additions on that front is welcomed.

Does anyone know if there will be more character faces?

I think TKOH is cool, I just have trouble flying with that flight model, can't keep it steady for some reason.

Also, if Arma 2 is a sign of anything we'll likely see more faces. If you use Dslyecxi's paper doll menu, you can see there are many more Greek and Persians faces. If not that, then a standalone expansion might get us more faces.

Hmmm, we still haven't seen any ambulances...

Is it possible that the author of this thread could update the post to fix the broken links?

Is it possible that the author of this thread could update the post to fix the broken links?

I rummaged through the post and updated some of the dead links.

Anyone know what happened to these guys? It seems the resistance were forgotten, or have at least died down. Unless they got upgraded to old equipment NATO had leftover, or they salvaged an old base or something and become more conventional.

Anyone know what happened to these guys? It seems the resistance were forgotten, or have at least died down. Unless they got upgraded to old equipment NATO had leftover, or they salvaged an old base or something and become more conventional.

Good point, there hasn't been any update on the main A3 page on factions yet :( would love to see a weaker faction with combat modified civilian vehicles etc