Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Hmm, I wonder the story behind that they use a turkish vehicle(Eager to hear the arma 3 backstory :D).

Also BI, did you pick it for the name....come on dont be shy. :p

Just noticed it looks like its two cannons on the apc, the grenade launcher and then a small mini cannon ontop, and yeah I get that it only looks like that on the photo but it looked funny nonetheless.

If the Otokar military vehicles are anything like their civilian buses, I would rather run than sit in that thing :D

Hmm, I wonder the story behind that they use a turkish vehicle(Eager to hear the arma 3 backstory :D).

According to the backstory Iran took Turkey after a series of devastating earthquakes but maybe it was changed I don't know.

Added the Marid to the list.

Arma is getting jinns now? Those don't exist in real life! Stop trying to cater to the fantasy loving crowd BI, GOSH!

Added the Marid to the list.

Arma is getting jinns now? Those don't exist in real life! Stop trying to cater to the fantasy loving crowd BI, GOSH!

The Ifrit is a jinn as well, who is even mentioned in the Qur'an among other pieces of folklore and fiction. I like the fact that they´re using these mythological names. "Ifrit" sounds much more intimidating and dramatic than "Enemy MRAP".

Edit: By the way, BI, why not bring back the OFP style of calling out vehicles, where the vehicles are mentioned by name? That´d be great :>. "2, target that, T-72"

Dump trucks seen in editor list during Twitch tutorial, plus footage of Titan launcher using AA missiles, a new scope on the Greek F2000s, and other dandy things.

"Parachute cargo" also seen in the editor.

I'll update the list once I review the video.

During the livestream we can see also for each unit an equipment case, probably a system with which we'll can change the inventory of AI

During the livestream we can see also for each unit an equipment case, probably a system with which we'll can change the inventory of AI

Wonder of it will affect vehicles aswell.

New community tools are confirmed, they mentioned they will work on oxygen first and release sometime after the full release of Arma 3

we already knew about sniper, CH-49, strider, etc. Also for those paying attention during livestream chat I think Joris said shooting from inside a vehicle won't be in beta.

Forgot, there's also ACP-C2 (aka an 8mm M1911).

I'll update the list once I review the video.

If you can, look at chat as well because the devs confirmed and dismissed a bunch of things and gave extra info on other things like squad level UAV's and stuff.

Shooting from the planks of an MH-9 is a good start though, the framework is there. Thank you BIS - gutted I didnt catch the livechat but I was on shift. This is all sounding awesome, cant wait for the final product...

Shooting from the planks of an MH-9 is a good start though, the framework is there. Thank you BIS - gutted I didnt catch the livechat but I was on shift. This is all sounding awesome, cant wait for the final product...

Twitch records streams so you should be able to watch it if you missed it: ARMA3 Past Broadcats

also plane mohawk and Ghosthawk aka Stealth Black hawk

The Mohawk is the Transport helicopter on the green and blue sides, from the editor labels shown in the stream, though.

The Ghosthawk was only seen briefly in the drop-down menu, we´ve not seen it ingame yet, though. Hopefully, we´ll be able to see it at E3.

If you can, look at chat as well because the devs confirmed and dismissed a bunch of things and gave extra info on other things like squad level UAV's and stuff.

Does anyone have a copy of the chat, as I can't see a way to get it from twitch tv?

I wonder if they plan to have balaclavas, where instead of wearing a pair of glasses you could put on a black or whatever color balaclava... or maybe even both?

Kinda like this.

stocktrek-images-us-army-soldier-armed-with-a-mk-48-light-machine-gun-provides-rear-security-during-civil-affairs.jpg

That's not a balaclava, what he's wearing is closer to like a bandana I think (such as a bandit would wear so dust doesn't blow in his/her face). A balaclava covers the entire head except the eyes and maybe mouth. The sniper skin has a balaclava under the ghillie suit, but not in the way you want.

Not that I don't want balaclavas, I'm just saying. Besides, I think there are already some mods that have them, and if not ACE2 had 3 different colored balaclavas, so maybe we'll see them again when it comes around to Arma 3.

That's not a balaclava, what he's wearing is closer to like a bandana I think (such as a bandit would wear so dust doesn't blow in his/her face). A balaclava covers the entire head except the eyes and maybe mouth. The sniper skin has a balaclava under the ghillie suit, but not in the way you want.

Not that I don't want balaclavas, I'm just saying. Besides, I think there are already some mods that have them, and if not ACE2 had 3 different colored balaclavas, so maybe we'll see them again when it comes around to Arma 3.

Well, I know mods will come around. But to have it officially implemented so everyone could see them without limiting the crowd you play with, that would be nice.