Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Has there been any news/evidence of a Divers/Parachutist Nav Board yet?

I know there is a specific "Wishes and Ideas" thread, but I feel this should almost be a necessity, to the point where I think "Surely they must have".

BI are effectively making the first commercially available Combat Diving sim as part of ArmA 3, and to that extent, if their other titles are anything to go by, they don't do stuff by halves.

Navigation with a compass and timer by day is a skill in itself. Navigation at night using a compass and timer is harder. By night, in crap weather, with a compass and a timer is bloody hard. Not wanting to boast, but I can, and have, done all three and would like to think that I am pretty good at it.

Navigation at night, in adverse weather, under water, with low visibility, in a combat environment, is Degree-level stuff. If you are moving long distances from a delivery point, to a specific point on a beach, with minimal/no GPS (at the surface, you can get a fix pretty quickly. Descend more than 2 meters, its not reliable), at night, with low visibility, and are trying to be stealthy, you will NEED a Nav Board.

The same applies to HAHO jumps; something like this will help guide you into an LZ.

Further, look at pictures of infantry in Afghanistan/Iraq. Play a game; spot the Garmin GPS. Lots of guys are using wrist-mounted Foretrex GPS systems like this;

Any evidence of these being included?

I know there are very talented guys out there who can probably create an addon for these things in their sleep, but I can't help but think that BI will probably already have these built in; I'd just like to see some proof!

I highly doubt it, we already have a watch, a compass and a GPS item, these are the kind of items for a specific diving/halo simulator, or ACE

Vz4MSYy.jpg

Anybody able to ID this flag? Looks a lot like the one of Guyana. Seen on a Coverall.

I'm still really hoping that the L-159 isn't the only plane for opfor. That'd be a joke having an L-159 go up against the F-35.

Hope to see some sort of MIG or PAK-FA or something along those lines.

You might want to add those to the list (got it from the ingame fieldmanual);

Artillery Ammo Types

• Guided - heat seeking shells
  • Incendiary - great against infantry

Also, hint that ArmA 3 will include gas weapons?

"Drowning

This damage is also inflicted in other situations where oxygen level is limited, like in sealed rooms or while using gas weapons"

Somebody that went to GamesCon spoke to the Devs and said that gas masks will be an usable item.

I'd wait for a reveal or a new verbal/written confirmation from this year before throwing "gas weapons" and even "gas masks" into the "confirmed" pile.

Somebody that went to GamesCon spoke to the Devs and said that gas masks will be an usable item.

Can we have a source on that?

RE Chemical Weapons/gas - It's something I wondered as the sci-fi opfor seem to be wearing advanced NBC suits as standard equipment with powered filter units on the upper rear? If that is what they are?

RE Chemical Weapons/gas - It's something I wondered as the sci-fi opfor seem to be wearing advanced NBC suits as standard equipment with powered filter units on the upper rear? If that is what they are?

They might also be some sort of vents for microclimate control system, that was my first guess anyways.

Could be cooling for the computer systems integrated into the HUD - that said, could just as easily be filters for a respirator - should be interesting.

Would be neat to see donning a respirator rapidly well simulated - the whole 9 second drill, how it affects a persons fatigue when running, trying to aim whilst wearing it etc; would be a sweet new angle. Imagine a gas attack being simulated on a small scale, especially with the new fog effects BI have got going? I've got visions of an explosion in a town from artillery, followed by a white fog slowly spreading from the impact. That'd be creepy... and awesome.:cool:

Except pretty much all WMD gasses are invisible...

Most nerve agents, along with some blood agents, yes, however, less advanced stuff (phosgene, chlorine etc) does have an obvious cloud - it is still just as viable. Besides, if you are operating under the chemical safety rule, and you experieince a bombardment of any kind, you mask up until it is proven all clear.

Hey Mattar_Tharkari, if you take a look at my "Is Arma 3 Authentic?" Thread, you'll see that those are cooling systems and HUD displays as they already exist today :)

Regarding the gas, I'm not aware of that and I can't remember who could have said that? Perhaps you can recall it Smurf?

only this weapones and vehicles?

where are . vehicles : m1 abrhams , humvee , T 90 , leopard 2 , m35 a2 , apc , sabra m60T , challenger 2

air : a129 mangusta , ah 1 cobra , mi 24 hind , b52 , f 117 , b2 , fa/18 superhornet , f16 , f22 raptor , av8b harrier 2 , ef2000 , mig 29 k , CH-53E Super Stallion , F-15 Eagle , Saab JAS 39 Gripen , su 27 ,

weapones: aw 50 , l 96 , psg 1 , sv 98 , m4 , fn fal , scar h , hk 416 , tar 21 , ak 47 , ak 63 , mp5 , sr 556 , m82 barrett , cz 75 , m1911 , g17 ecc ecc ...

is not a criticism, but this game is a simulator, not a battlefield 3 or a call of duty...

Hey Mattar_Tharkari, if you take a look at my "Is Arma 3 Authentic?" Thread, you'll see that those are cooling systems and HUD displays as they already exist today :)

Regarding the gas, I'm not aware of that and I can't remember who could have said that? Perhaps you can recall it Smurf?

Aha! Have looked at that thread many times but never saw that one - thanks for the info. May be a better link here: 3 piece Liquid Circulating Garment (LCG) as worn by EOD - which has the suit including hood:

http://donellelifesupport.com/key-products/body-cooling/body-cooling-systems/

No doubt this will create some battlefield funnies - "Ahhh, ahhh I'm bleeding out!", "Nah it's nothing mate, your LCG has a puncture!"

The suit os cool. The helmet, not so much.

Anyway, what about the independent faction, any info on it at all? Last thing I saw about it was that they were changing it to some generic forces, fine. Vehicles and weapons, vintage ones ? The comeback of series favourites? :D

What generic ones? You mean no greek resistance?

About the new photo from the facebook channel, someone said it looked like it was an Brazilian

flag on one of the guys. its hard to see but what do you guys think?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970932_540642639315804_201789931_n.jpg

Nope. It's probably the flag of the country we are fighting in ( since we are not in Greece anymore).

Also the buttstock of the rifle looks like that of the Mk.20 (FN2000)

Yes! That's what I was looking for! Thanks a lot:)

Though the one in the image appears to have blue elements in it

What generic ones? You mean no greek resistance?

Yeah, seems they renamed them along with Altis after the accident last year.

Few months to release and I'm not even sure about who is going to be fighting this war. :D

Hmm, I wonder the story behind that they use a turkish vehicle(Eager to hear the arma 3 backstory :D).

Also BI, did you pick it for the name....come on dont be shy. :p

Just noticed it looks like its two cannons on the apc, the grenade launcher and then a small mini cannon ontop, and yeah I get that it only looks like that on the photo but it looked funny nonetheless.

Edited by paecmaker