Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Hm... they removed the animation :(

It could be unfinished and as such a woopsy or a tease, remember the stealth hawk?

Is there a Q&A thread in this forum? I'd like to know if there will be the option to use WW2 equipment and gear. Right now the game has futuristic helmets and today guns and vehicles, but I'd also like to have a "WW2 scenery" or something, even as a future DLC.

It's all up to modders mate, but i believe that there will be people who will create WW2 era vehicles and weapons.

Is there a Q&A thread in this forum? I'd like to know if there will be the option to use WW2 equipment and gear. Right now the game has futuristic helmets and today guns and vehicles, but I'd also like to have a "WW2 scenery" or something, even as a future DLC.

To go ahead and answer your question, NO, there will not be out-of-the-box, vanilla, official release, or DLC WW2 equipment or gear. The setting is 2035, BIS will not stray away from that. Will there be WW2 mods? I'm pretty sure someone will make a WW2 mod eventually. But there won't be anything like that released from BIS. Your question is like asking if Battlefield 4 or Black Ops 2 (current popular FPS games that I don't play) will have WW2 equipment when they are clearly set in the near and far future, respectively. The answer is of course no. If they wanted to set the game in the 1940s they would have. But definitely don't quit the game and try to find another one. Once someone starts making a WW2 mod, you should be pretty set.

That said, it would be a good idea if there was a general Q&A thread for people to ask general questions and get general answers.

They're already working on it. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150082-Invasion-1944-V3-0

Also, just found that there should be incindiery rounds for artillery. Maybe the effects could be used for napalm, or at least incindiery grenades at least? Shown in manual: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138946062

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd
found something interesting in manual

If I am not mistaking, the PDM-7 amphibious mine is new in the field manual.

PDM usually refers to "Pursuit Deterrent Munition", though it's not certain wether this particular mine is of that kind.

Hmm, I hope the old ArmA 2 weapons will be there. Is the M16 or AK or M4 going to be in it?

Not confirmed yet.

There's been very little if anything about the state of the single-player campaign since the "going quiet" last year after Gamescom.

There's been very little if anything about the state of the single-player campaign since the "going quiet" last year after Gamescom.

Indeed, though judging by several little "clues", I'm willing to bet that part of the campaign (story, setting, perhaps even factions) is being rewritten/modified.

First the renaming of the main island to Altis, which made some sense at the time, but then the release of the alpha with "anonymized" factions instead of simply calling them Iran vs. NATO, then the discovery that Stratis seems to be located on the southern hemisphere. (Latitude/longitude in config, moon is "upside down" etc.)

Of course, the anonymous factions could be simply to focus attention on gameplay instead of story, and the southern hemisphere thing could just be a bug... but who knows. ;)

Didn't a dev outright say that "gameplay before story" was why the factions were called BLUFOR and OPFOR? Sure, it's still "BLUFOR/NATO-centric" in naming, but I believe a dev said that for the purposes of what needed testing their 'story identities' were irrelevant, and it seems that said identities are practically interchangeable.

So, just found that there should be incindiery rounds for artillery. Maybe the effects could be used for napalm, or at least incindiery grenades at least? Shown in manual: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=138946062

Yes they are, but the FX isn't that great. The problem we have is that nowadays the mortar_82 class has it's firing modes defined so they can be only used by AI, not by players.

create a pbo with this config.cpp and enjoy. BTW the IR seeking mortar rounds are AWESOME. I'm tinkering with the Artillery weapons to see if I can implement a credible tomahawk that can be used with the artillery computer

// config.bin - 21:21:57 04/21/13, generated in 0.01 seconds
// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys
// Separate rootclasses: Disabled, Automatic comments: Enabled

#define private		0
#define protected		1
#define public		2

#define TEast		0
#define TWest		1
#define TGuerrila		2
#define TCivilian		3
#define TSideUnknown		4
#define TEnemy		5
#define TFriendly		6
#define TLogic		7

class CfgPatches {
class A3_weapons {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {mortar_82};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

class Mode_SemiAuto;			//External class reference
class Mode_Burst;			//External class reference

class cfgweapons {

class Cannoncore; 		//External class reference

class mortar_82mm : CannonCore {
	class Single1 : Mode_SemiAuto {
		showToPlayer = true;
	};
};
};	

What is Hard Drive (ALPHA) ...........are you suppose to install part of the game on a second drive?

Good night,

I bought Arma 3 Deluxe, which was just released, though still the game is graphically heavy, I believe it is heading towards perfection, I am very anxious bout what already confirmed for the game!, Would also like to know if any ah scheduled for the addition of tanks, thank you!

More vehicles such as tanks are scheduled to be included in the Beta release which is targeted at Q2 2013.

More vehicles such as tanks are scheduled to be included in the Beta release which is targeted at Q2 2013.

Can't wait!

They didn't say tanks specifically. All they said was "expanded content" and it showed a picture of the Comanche. The tank picture was shown under "Final Release".

Has there been any news/evidence of a Divers/Parachutist Nav Board yet?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/12/e5ahazyg.jpg (153 kB)

I know there is a specific "Wishes and Ideas" thread, but I feel this should almost be a necessity, to the point where I think "Surely they must have".

BI are effectively making the first commercially available Combat Diving sim as part of ArmA 3, and to that extent, if their other titles are anything to go by, they don't do stuff by halves.

Navigation with a compass and timer by day is a skill in itself. Navigation at night using a compass and timer is harder. By night, in crap weather, with a compass and a timer is bloody hard. Not wanting to boast, but I can, and have, done all three and would like to think that I am pretty good at it.

Navigation at night, in adverse weather, under water, with low visibility, in a combat environment, is Degree-level stuff. If you are moving long distances from a delivery point, to a specific point on a beach, with minimal/no GPS (at the surface, you can get a fix pretty quickly. Descend more than 2 meters, its not reliable), at night, with low visibility, and are trying to be stealthy, you will NEED a Nav Board.

The same applies to HAHO jumps; something like this will help guide you into an LZ.

ygazysy7.jpg

Further, look at pictures of infantry in Afghanistan/Iraq. Play a game; spot the Garmin GPS. Lots of guys are using wrist-mounted Foretrex GPS systems like this;

zadegaru.jpg

Any evidence of these being included?

I know there are very talented guys out there who can probably create an addon for these things in their sleep, but I can't help but think that BI will probably already have these built in; I'd just like to see some proof!

No such proof, although we do know that there's stuff such as the SDV that has yet to be added in alpha; more stuff will come in beta, but DnA explicitly refused to guarantee that any further content will be added during the alpha.