Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Hasn't it been said that that was an automatic rifleman variant of the MX rifle series? Although since the E3 and Gamescom builds weren't simulating underbarrel attachments (i.e. the 3GL grenade launcher is a separate MX variant) I'd imagine that the bipod and foregrip couldn't be put onto a regular MX, just the optic and the seemingly extended magazine.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but I had a look on some of the ArmA 3 official pictures and I saw this and asked myself:

--- Is this confirmed that the vehicles are customizable? I mean can you customize any vehicle and for example change/put MG on top of it?

25819915044296959597.jpg

Edited by SepSol

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but I had a look on some of the ArmA 3 official pictures and I saw this and asked myself:

--- Is this confirmed that the vehicles are customizable? I mean can you customize any vehicle and for example change/put MG on top of it?

Customizable gear and weaponry, I don't quite recall vehicles...plus thats a bit more than a five minute job to say the least. Though you can always setpos a fixed weapon on top :D

Oh and a bit OT but I'm curious, how does it feel to have your country represented in a war game? I do not intend this as an insult but rather a literal curiosity.

So many times I've seen people damn near beg devs to put their nation in a game and when it happens...things go downhill.

I imagine this is mostly political bs though, so I'm curious to see what a normal person thinks.

Edited by NodUnit

http://upload.iranvij.ir/images_dey91/25819915044296959597.jpg

If things still work like they did in Arma 2, then the two vehicles in the picture would be separate variants of the same basic vehicle I imagine. :(

NodUnit, supposedly Chinese perceptions of Dragon Rising were actually positive... because they viewed it instead as a video game simulation of Chinese weapons/vehicles from "the enemy" point of view.

Well, it started by Flashpoint RedRiver, they putted our country in the game as a very very bad enemy. after that Battlefield 3 putted our country in the game, in that game Iranian soldiers weren't like Iranian people, they insulted too much. The Iranian Government forbid the game battlefield 3 for that! And after that is Splinter-Cell Blacklist and after that will be ArmA 3.

We like to have our country in games but if they put us in a justly position. Iranian people aren't wild (like that Battlefield 3 showed). Most of the times showing our country as the enemy has a universal purpose, they don't just put our country in the games for people to have fun, there is some pressure from US/ISRAEL that makes studios put our country (often for politics) in the games as a wild enemy. They want everybody to get scared from something that they call "Iranian nuclear program".

But in this game (ArmA 3) as they told this game isn't political, we love to see our country in! :D

@SepSol

Yes friend.

I m pretty sure it has been mentioned about Vehicle's systems customization

Well, customizable vehicles were in the A3 announcement sheet, so a drop down box in the editor for each variant would be a possibility (alongside with the camo pattern). Eg; Savage HEMTT, Beer HEMMT (Can we haz that that, even if hidden? :kittenface: ).

Edited by Smurf

Well, customizable vehicles were in the A3 announcement sheet, so a drop down box in the editor for each variant would be a possibility (alongside with the camo pattern). Eg; Savage HEMTT, Beer HEMMT (Can we haz that that, even if hidden? :kittenface:).

WoW! do you mean we can customize camos too?

http://upload.iranvij.ir/images_dey91/25819915044296959597.jpg

It's the same deal in ArmA II with the base HMVVW and almost ten variations that are present - all separates models, tho: MK19, .50 cal MG, TOW and their CROWS system adaptations.

Look at the weapons both soilders in the middle are holding: They are both the same but with different attachments.

The solider in the back has an bipod and a extended magazin attached to his weapon (the magazin is longer compared to the magazin of the other weapon).

Sooooo..... Weapon deployment confirmed? :rolleyes:

Edited by ElPresidente

WoW! do you mean we can customize camos too?

Nope. I'm saying that I am expecting that in a more user-friendly way and avaible for all units (you can already do it by hiddenselections in the editor for some units).

Surely would avoid some clusterf*** in the editor listing.

Look at the weapons both soilders in the middle are holding: They are both the same but with different attachments.

The solider in the back has an bipod and a extended magazin attached to his weapon (the magazin is longer compared to the magazin of the other weapon).

Sooooo..... Weapon deployment confirmed? :rolleyes:

Nope. Until we try it out ingame, it's just one more way to tell the rifle version apart from the IAR version.

It's the same deal in ArmA II with the base HMVVW and almost ten variations that are present - all separates models, tho: MK19, .50 cal MG, TOW and their CROWS system adaptations.

If you're right it would mean that, for instance, there will be separate models of a same vehicle with and without ERA installed. I really hope it's not the case.

Edited by Corvinus

Did anyone else notice that in the some of the E3 videos it showed the Mk. 200 (KAC LMG) having a box mag with only 30 rounds and having twice as much kick as the normal MX-C 6.5mm. Ill try to find the video but it looks the same caliber and everything just heavier, same amount of rounds(as a rifle), and considerably heavy amount of kick. I love using lmgs but with only 30 rounds i think ill have to stick with a rifle... :(

edit-

@8:52 Found it! Edited by Sunchips21

Hmm thats interesting - that bag can hold up 100 rounds , not just 30

see ya that's what i thought but after very close inspection it appears that he is using the 30 round mag from the MX-C 6.5mm in mk.200

look @8:40 under the attachments of the gun it appears as if hes using a normal rifle mag don't know if im right or not but if i am you can add the use of 30rd 6.5mm mags in the mk.200 lmg

Did anyone else notice that in the some of the E3 videos it showed the Mk. 200 (KAC LMG) having a box mag with only 30 rounds and having twice as much kick as the normal MX-C 6.5mm. Ill try to find the video but it looks the same caliber and everything just heavier, same amount of rounds(as a rifle), and considerably heavy amount of kick. I love using lmgs but with only 30 rounds i think ill have to stick with a rifle... :(

Don't worry. The Mk200 has 200 rounds belts in alpha version. :)

@ 2:20 there is a body armor simulation in VBS, is this what ARMA 3 body protection will be like?

@ 4:20 is the blood and gorey part in ARMA 3?

Also what's the point of helmet mounted cameras in ARMA 3?

Edited by Zaksle75

Hi,

I cant seem to find anything regarding force feedback, so here it goes:

Does anyone know if there are plans to implement force feedback in arma 3?

It would be nice to give use to the features of the Microsoft Sidewinder Force FeedBack 2 Joystick. It really is a old piece of hardware, but still one the most robust joysticks.

regards

Don't worry. The Mk200 has 200 rounds belts in alpha version. :)

AWESOME! thanks for clarifying also was he just moving around or is the mk200 kick really that bad because the mk200 has about the rate of fire as the mx-c but cant seem to stay on target nearly as well?