Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Our latest stable build does not feature the helicopter flight model from Take On, which means it's absolutely certain not to be included in the Alpha's launch next week.

However, I know Joris wants to address this point specifically. Still, you should definitely bug him about that. :)

RiE

Thats too bad. Still I have more questions on this topic- Is TOH's FL still to be implemented in future alpha/ beta/ retail releases? If so, how will the physics be associated with a model? In other words is a process of adding such physics to existing or new models as (relatevely) complicated as with TOH, or will there be any improvements? Thanks

Definite US presence on Stratis... Definite resistance presence on Altis... Sense is indeed being made.

I really hope the TOH flight model will be implemented soon, imho proper air piloting should need training and a lot of practice, if not it kinda feels like a battlefield, no offense. ;)

It may be safe to add that arma 3 will use steamworks to the features list - On the A3 website, if you mouse over community and then mouse over the steam logo that appears, the little yellow info box that appears beside my mouse says Steamworks. Its not official confirmation but I would be willing to bet on it.

What about the new animation system? Or are we stuck with Arma2's horrendous stumbling movement?

What about the new animation system? Or are we stuck with Arma2's horrendous stumbling movement?

That question again?

I really hope the TOH flight model will be implemented soon, imho proper air piloting should need training and a lot of practice, if not it kinda feels like a battlefield, no offense. ;)

2 maybe, but 3? Noooo, you don't even have to worry about inertia and gravity in that game.

Our latest stable build does not feature the helicopter flight model from Take On, which means it's absolutely certain not to be included in the Alpha's launch next week.

However, I know Joris wants to address this point specifically. Still, you should definitely bug him about that. :)

RiE

thanks for the info. I will buy a3 when the toh heli flight model is included. For me the key feature.

Apologies if it's been answered, but what will the default FoV be, and is there an FoV slider?

Best,

RiE

Thanks for the answer, and ye i will :P

I wonder if the graphics are improved since ARMA 2. Judging by the images I can't see big differences.

Ofcourse I will have to wait for the ALPHA to make my own conclusions but I was just wondering :confused:

I wonder if the graphics are improved since ARMA 2. Judging by the images I can't see big differences.

Ofcourse I will have to wait for the ALPHA to make my own conclusions but I was just wondering :confused:

you should go and check your eyes :)

thanks for the info. I will buy a3 when the toh heli flight model is included. For me the key feature.

This

+1

No earlier than the beta then... unless the TKOH flight model may be added DURING the alpha period, RiE?

I notice the main map says it's 270 Km which = 160 something miles? Chernarus & Takistan was only like 10 miles... So is this map like HUGE or something as in taking a light truck and driving from south to north for like 5 hours without stopping?

There's an error with the equation ;)

Chernarus is 225 km2 and Takistan 164 km2. Altis will be 270 km2 landmass and this time the ocean and even seafloor will actually usable :)

Hello everyone!

I have made a search but I have found nothing, so here's my question:

does anyone know if the MGs will be deployable with their bipods, on windows or anything of the right height (small stone wall, fence, car hood...)???

This was a very interesting and realistic feature that DoD Source had, for example.

Many thanks!

;)

Hello everyone!

does anyone know if the MGs will be deployable with their bipods, on windows or anything of the right height (small stone wall, fence, car hood...)???

This was a very interesting and realistic feature that DoD Source had, for example.

Many thanks!

;)

Hi. Don't know for vanilla A3, but in A2 you can deploy weapons with the ACE2 mod already. So if it's not in A3 out of the box, sooner or later someone will mod it in ;)

I notice the main map says it's 270 Km which = 160 something miles? Chernarus & Takistan was only like 10 miles... So is this map like HUGE or something as in taking a light truck and driving from south to north for like 5 hours without stopping?

Cherno is 15 km (or 10 miles)... per side, which, as PurePassion said, is 225 square km.

Altis is probably going to be 17x17 km, or 20x20 with the surrounding (not the bays) sea included.

Hi. Don't know for vanilla A3, but in A2 you can deploy weapons with the ACE2 mod already. So if it's not in A3 out of the box, sooner or later someone will mod it in ;)

Hi Hoot!

The thing with mods is that they will limit the "audience". If a certain feature is only available with ACE or whatever mod, then you MUST join those servers to use those features, which means less players since not everyone is willing or knows how to install/use the mods. That's the pity.

Hi Hoot!

The thing with mods is that they will limit the "audience". If a certain feature is only available with ACE or whatever mod, then you MUST join those servers to use those features, which means less players since not everyone is willing or knows how to install/use the mods. That's the pity.

Valid point indeed. You can only pray to the almighty decision makers, if it is not on the list already ;)

Hello everyone!

Many thanks!

;)

Oh man, in Dod (Day of Defeat) you could even pickup and throw grenades back.

That was a hell of a nice game back in the year 2003!

Oh man, in Dod (Day of Defeat) you could even pickup and throw grenades back.

That was a hell of a nice game back in the year 2003!

Man even that would be amazing in Arma III!