Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Strangely, the quad bikes are one of the things I'm most excited about. I think the very first thing I will do when I get my hands on the game is zoom around in a quad on Altis. :D

Strangely, the quad bikes are one of the things I'm most excited about. I think the very first thing I will do when I get my hands on the game is zoom around in a quad on Altis. :D

Well then I hope they implement some way to shift your body mass, otherwise....

What are you trying to say with that? How is a pc only game relevant to a new console?

Operatio Flashpoint was released on console. Also it`s true that BIS said "no comment" to the next gen all along. With the PS4 announcement and expected ArmA 3 news this month I just think it was worth mentoining.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

With that said, this game is worthless without a mouse ;)

Operatio Flashpoint was released on console. Also it`s true that BIS said "no comment" to the next gen all along. With the PS4 announcement and expected ArmA 3 news this month I just think it was worth mentoining.
Mind you, the "no comment" was about future Arma titles, not Arma 3.

They already got "an Arma style" game with the OFP name onto consoles before, as haphazard as the implementation may look now, but at the time of BI's statement it was pretty clearly too late to retool Arma 3 for both current consoles for obvious reasons and the next-gen consoles because of the rumored specs at the time. As importantly though, I believe that BI wasn't at the time considering the possibility of a purpose-built Arma-branded console game... though Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma Tactics have shown that BI won't rule out "lending the brand name out" to games that play completely differently from "milsim". ;)

(For all the hype over the "Rocket considering a DayZ for consoles", people reading the stories would have noted his disclaimer that first the standalone would have to succeed on PC before he'd consider a console version.)

Imagine driving those ATVs across rugged terrain with the new physics engine. ;)

Death shall come quickly for those who dare hold E

With Kinect we might be able to do everything that we can ask for:Carry things ,digg trenches,use ladders ,make HD Hooks for

helicopter sling loads and acctually operate them.

Just make sure there are How To`s,simple syntax and an improved Editor ,just like MCC Sandbox and everything that all other

editors have got.

And a more easy way to manage groups(F2) and a Game Logic auto-inserted on every map to make sure that it has working

Artillery every time we play.

Make it able to use MSQF as programming language as well.Incorporate some simple stuff from the beginning;What ever mods

can be simple and free like Blake`s Auto Pilot ,just make a list of Gps grids of Altitude for things that needs to be avoided and

where they are and make a "No-Fly Zone" that the Auto pilot won`t fly into,and no more crashes.

Seems like a new microsoft marketing-strategy to me.. Getting guys spam game forums about kinect.

Death shall come quickly for those who dare hold E

Damn straight! :D

With Kinect we might be able to do everything that we can ask for:Carry things ,digg trenches,use ladders ,make HD Hooks for

helicopter sling loads and acctually operate them.

Wat? Are we supposed to step back from our mouse and keyboard and start acting all this shit out? How is this supposed to work?

Same here :D

Also fly around really erratically in a Littlebird.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Dean "Rocket" Hall revealed Arma 3 has a blood dripping feature when wounded, blood can be seen on the ground leaving a distinct trail. He also confirms bullet casings can be found around the weapon and on the ground after a firefight, unlike in Arma 2 they disappear. (See the reveals thread)

Well woud be nice if one can fake these blood drops and casings just to surprise some hunters! So the hunter will be the prey. :)

Unfortunately no mention of being able to fake blood trails, though you could let off some rounds to "place" casings. :p

Same here :D

Also fly around really erotically in a Littlebird.

I hope that you meant erratically, or else we might not be able to sneak this game past the ratings boards :eek:

Unfortunately no mention of being able to fake blood trails, though you could let off some rounds to "place" casings. :pI hope that you meant erratically, or else we might not be able to sneak this game past the ratings boards :eek:

What happens between him and his joystick stays between him and his joystick.... :p

Dean "Rocket" Hall revealed Arma 3 has a blood dripping feature when wounded, blood can be seen on the ground leaving a distinct trail. He also confirms bullet casings can be found around the weapon and on the ground after a firefight, unlike in Arma 2 they disappear. (See the reveals thread)

I added the blood related elements to the list as I have seen them myself, however I would like a A3 dev :twisted: to confirm the info about casings.

What happens between him and his joystick stays between him and his joystick.... :p

And his joystick's therapist.

In the last thing there were two new pictures

http://www.bistudio.com/images/stories/blogs/developer/altis/Splendid_Altis_2.jpg

what can I say more that they look absolutely gorgeous, this game looks better and better each time a new photo is released.

:dancehead:

Would be nice if those windmills would actually turn and spin under influence of the wind.

Would be nice if those windmills would actually turn and spin under influence of the wind.

They do actually move :) But I am not sure if it's influenced by the ingame wind factor though I suppose it is well possible

They do actually move :) But I am not sure if it's influenced by the ingame wind factor though I suppose it is well possible

Thats cool. However i think the movement should be animation not wind driven. The cpu overhead on that wouldn't be worth the price imo. Not to mention sync.

EDIT: Sorry my post sounded kinda negative. Couldn't edit in mobile.

Yes very cool that they move, via wind or not. Also I can foresee me trying to fly though the blades in my little bird and failing miserably.

Edited by Scoggs

unfortunately no mention of being able to fake blood trails, though you could let off some rounds to "place" casings. :pi hope that you meant erratically, or else we might not be able to sneak this game past the ratings boards :eek:

LOL :p

typo!

Yes very cool that they move, via wind or not. Also I can foresee me trying to fly though the blades in my little bird and failing miserably.
Oddly enough, this reminded me of the Battlefield 3: Endgame Air Superiority gameplay trailer... and of that one video of ShackTac where riflemen are shooting at each other from the benches of Little Birds flying around the map. :p But yeah I'll agree with Scogg about windmill animations.

That Take on helicopter flight model is still actual ?

What about damage model on Arma 3 planes ? Will they have realistic damage model with critical components etc, ALA Lock On 3

?

Or just some another pathetic/arcade "damage" model like in all previous Arma`s ?