Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

In the last thing there were two new pictures

http://www.bistudio.com/images/stories/blogs/developer/altis/Splendid_Altis_2.jpg

http://www.bistudio.com/images/stories/blogs/developer/altis/Splendid_Altis_1.jpg

what can I say more that they look absolutely gorgeous, this game looks better and better each time a new photo is released.

:dancehead:

So, the combat shirt is a separated piece from the pants or are they kind of random?

Last time a dev said anything about this, the shirts(t-'shirts,etc) and pants were 1 piece.

Is anyone else seeing a new optic atop the MX-3GL of the lead guy in the 3/4 front view picture?

Is anyone else seeing a new optic atop the MX-3GL of the lead guy in the 3/4 front view picture?

To me it looks like one of the first optics models we saw. I think it's this one.

BTW, the new ATV model looks nice.

From what I see it's the same model.

Imagine driving those ATVs across rugged terrain with the new physics engine. ;)

To me it looks like one of the first optics models we saw. I think it's this one.

After consulting the old "weapon customization" picture from 2011 (this link is in lieu of the Arma 3 Web site version which is currently down) and your picture link, in all three pictures it's evidently the Night Vision Optical Sight model -- even if the model is now being used for a non-NV optic -- so thanks for helping to confirm the identity.

Nope. There are some differences. The new one is missing the third headlight connected to the steering "horn". You can also see that there are rear-view mirrors attached to it as well as modifications to it's back "mud guards" Plus the fact that you actually see the "headlight bulbs " now

In Your opinion, how far is the view distance in this screenshot?

Over 4K I would say.

It's a new model.

IIRC the ArmA 2 ATV model was based on a Polaris quad-bike of some sort. These new ones appear to be based on the Yamaha Grizzly 450, like those used by the British military in Afghanistan:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/professional_user/atv/yfm450fapro.aspx?view=media

In Your opinion, how far is the view distance in this screenshot?

Does not matter, i hope they are/would work on 4+ CPU optimization though.

Because its the most crucial thing for next gen sim...

So no matter if you have 4k+ meters view and your FPS sucks badly... Just typing

Yeah I would love it if they included a FPS counter in their images :rolleyes:

Yeah I would love it if they included a FPS counter in their images :rolleyes:
Whereas I would be okay with a FPS counter in their videos, actually.

Whereas I would be okay with a FPS counter in their videos, actually.

The framerate in a video wouldn't be worth much because it's likely to be distorted downward due to the recording software, unless they just film off the screen or use some more exotic method of capturing the video. ;)

The framerate in a video wouldn't be worth much because it's likely to be distorted downward due to the recording software, unless they just film off the screen or use some more exotic method of capturing the video. ;)
Hey, if they can get a good framerate even while using the recording software then that's a mark in Arma 3's favor, not against, and should be promoted. ;)

Hey, if they can get a good framerate even while using the recording software then that's a mark in Arma 3's favor, not against, and should be promoted.

I agree.

Rumors about PS4 and ArmA 3 news at the same time. New generation console in works :P ?

Rumors about PS4 and ArmA 3 news at the same time. New generation console in works :P ?

What are you trying to say with that? How is a pc only game relevant to a new console?

Hey guys, I just noticed something of interest. There is what looks to be a reused URAL-375 model in front of the windmill in the first picture... but is it really reused? It seems more hi-poly than the ArmA 2 one. Also there is a second seemingly reused wreck behind the last guy in line on the hill, it seems to be a HMMVW, but somehow warped to appear smoother.

What are you trying to say with that? How is a pc only game relevant to a new console?
I think it's re: the series in general. Last year the BI reaction to the idea of Arma on consoles was "Arma 3 definitely won't be on XB360 or PS3, but future installments on future consoles... no comment."

I honestly believe that that was said at least in part to hedge bets/keep-cards-close-to-the-vest depending on how the PS4 architecture turns out.

What was said is that "we will have to cut out way too much stuff from the game in order to make it playable on consoles". This is not a direct quote and I don't remember who said it but it was BIS.

Besides next-gen consoles are about 4 years behind current-gen PCs (a very shitty AMD CPU that is worse than Phenom II, a laptop GPU that doesn't hold a candle even to midrange vidcards? Good luck). They most likely still won't be able to handle ArmA2 (and that's disregarding the amount of additional buttons the gamepad will need), let alone the new one.

Yeah you are right indeed.

It's a new model.

IIRC the ArmA 2 ATV model was based on a Polaris quad-bike of some sort. These new ones appear to be based on the Yamaha Grizzly 450, like those used by the British military in Afghanistan:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/professional_user/atv/yfm450fapro.aspx?view=media