Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

First off, I think on ArmA 3 website it says we'll get micro-UAVs, deployed on a squad level. When do we see those?

Second off, any idea what price will be on ArmA 3 for preorder?

First off, I think on ArmA 3 website it says we'll get micro-UAVs, deployed on a squad level. When do we see those?

Second off, any idea what price will be on ArmA 3 for preorder?

1. No idea, but they better be quad-rotors, that way I can feel tacticool while I'm playing and overlook the empty void in my life generated by day to day redundant tasks that come with the huge lie we live in in this hyper-consumer based and ego-centric society.

2. No.

1. No idea, but they better be quad-rotors, that way I can feel tacticool while I'm playing and overlook the empty void in my life generated by day to day redundant tasks that come with the huge lie we live in in this hyper-consumer based and ego-centric society.

Quad rotors aren't futuristic enough. You must go with the standard future shape - hexagons. Therefore, hexarotor M-UAVs.

How about the fastrope?

At the beginning, it was supposed to be implemented, then no longer.

So, will we have to wait until someone create an addon for it?

And why is it not implemented in ArmA 3?

In ADuke helos and the next MH-47 from konyo, it's a feature that doesnt require addon, so why not integrate it in the game?

How about the fastrope?

At the beginning, it was supposed to be implemented, then no longer.

So, will we have to wait until someone create an addon for it?

And why is it not implemented in ArmA 3?

In ADuke helos and the next MH-47 from konyo, it's a feature that doesnt require addon, so why not integrate it in the game?

Yeah we must probably wait for an addon.

Why didnt they implement it, I guess only BI really know the answer but perhaps it was way to much work for a feature that wont be used much to make it worth it.

That is a shame cause it is a cool feature, and it IS used in ArmA 2: I use it in my SP missions and it is used in MP too...

Yeah it makes inserting people so much easier when you don't have to try to land!

There is a Fast rope system in take on helicopters, probably this system will be in ArmA 3 like the flight model...

Old Bear's Gamescom 2012 report talked about the fast roping issue:

There will be no fast-rope in the game even if with PhysX, there could be a string realistic physics. Admittedly, this is an attractive component for the game but said Ivan, all the soldiers I met think in reality it is a source of problem solution in a real fight ... and the initial state of BlackHawk Down is related to the use of fast-ropping.
To my knowledge in ARMA 2 it was only implemented by addon anyway, so this seems more like simply "we're not going to try to implement it into vanilla" than actually removing something.

Yeah, I know it wont be in the vanilla version of the game, but I just wonder why:

As said, it is an interesting feature in gameplay to drop a squad.

Moreover, I dont think it's a difficult thing to add since norrin made it and Aduke and konyo integrated it on their choppers.

Last but not least, the fastrope is still used by SF guys in operation (for example, initial plan of Neptune Spear)

So it would be cool if BIS could add this feature on the transport choppers.

If you've read "No Easy Day", Matt Bisonnette stated that "flying to the X", i.e. flying to land directly on the target, is tactical suicide; especially for non-stealth operations. He stated that the SEAL Teams didn't use it, and fast-roping on target alike, for quite a while during post-invasion of Iraq operational periods after it was used on a number of occasions and considered too risky, then suddenly the idea and philosophy around it popped up again for the Bin Laden raid.

I too wish there were more insertion types in the vanilla game. I guess you just wait for mods. Fast rope insertion/extraction (FRIES) gear would be great to see. I think you're more likely to see HALO insertions. I note on the 2011 E3 videos of ARMA 3 that the animations for freefalling are great, the way the freefaller moves his body and hands/legs to change direction in the air, as compared with ARMA 2 where you virtually stay the same until you hit Delta position. I wonder what the ceiling height is, if at all modified, for instance will it allow for HAHO's?

If we get fast roping, we might as well get rappelling, being similar in nature.

What about Fulton Surface-to-Air Recovery System? Would have loved to see more use of the C130.

Guess this could be scripted, but would be nice with animation and object assets in the game, even if not used vanilla.

Rappelling and HALO made better in ArmA 3 both sound good. It'd be nice if it were like ACE, where you needed steerable parachute for a proper HALO, or just normal for emergencies.

Also, the fastrope in ACE was pretty nice.

Still no news on the micro-UAVs mentioned on ArmA 3 website or such.

and another one here

can somebody identify this weapon?

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

its the M95

that post is over a year old, but just saying again, its an M14EBR, pretty easy to identify

it's really too bad that BIS dumped the fastrope idea...

it's really too bad that BIS dumped the fastrope idea...

Shame because this would be excellent. Was it just too hard to implement or?

Based on previous dev comments, the most probable answer to me would be that there were higher-priority items on the BI "to do" list that were not yet implemented to the devs' and testers' satisfaction, and fast-roping was deemed low-priority enough to be an acceptable sacrifice to ensure that those higher-priority items were completed.

that's a shame, cause I don't have the feeling (I may be wrong) that it's a difficult thing to integrate.

Based on Vespa's earlier comments about prioritizing and even dropping or not implementing features, along with Jay, Ivan and other devs' own E3-and-Gamescom-period public comments and explanations...

I get the sense that the devs want Arma 3 to get a 'proper' development this time instead of what Arma and Arma 2 got, that they had/have an internal list of development priorities (with the aforementioned comments and explanations hinting at where certain 'features' are on that list)... and that fast-roping was most likely always low priority, even if it wasn't difficult to integrate and implement.

Maybe someone can confirm this, I've found on polish shop website that release date will be 1st March 2013. There: http://www.3kropki.pl/p/6/4/1/arma_3.php They've changed date from 13 November 2012 some time ago. We will see...

They might know something we dont know.

well there have been no official statement on the exact date when the game will be released.

Don't think so. I don't understand why some people still even read the release dates some shops putout there. They just guess some date so people will preorder.

So they changed the release date from Nov 13th? Good for them.

I don´t think it counts as a confirmation, but I had a dream where I played Arma 3 extensively and it was just about as awesome as it could get. Seeing as I am a certified clairvoyant, parapsychologist and ghost communicator (As my degree here http://thunderwoodcollege.com/degree.pdf?t2=Insta+Goat&t1=School+of+Social+Sciences&t3=Doctor+of+Sciences&t4=Parapsychology&captcha=jkp&Submit=Create+Diploma%21: proves) this is actually the truth and it will be an awesome game.

From my vision I can confirm that the handling is awesome, the weapons are fantastic, the game runs smooth as silk and is beautiful as heaven, and is delivered in a box by parachute right to your front door, containing a BIS brand of survival soap that can be used in many applications, a set of nightvision goggles that show the scene how it would look 25 years in the future, a radio that can only receive the signal of sputnik and a velcro backed flag-patch that will display the flag of any country you are currently located in.

(Also, I am getting a little antsy in the light of lack of news, can you feel it? But, better late and finished and sooner and broken, right?)

(Also, I am getting a little antsy in the light of lack of news, can you feel it? But, better late and finished and sooner and broken, right?)
More like "better late and actually working than sooner and Arma" :lol:

I'm aware that if a GameStop preorder release date is on the 1st of the month or the last of the month, it's PROBABLY a placeholder, to say nothing of stuff like "01/01/2013"; the community was made aware a while ago that Arma 3 had been delayed into next year, so the Polish link may well be just that.

I have a question about movement animations and human model in Arma 3, i saw somewhere the motion capture article in BIS forum, so question is was it used ( motion capturing ) for Arma 3 purpose ?

And about the human models will be those models more "fleshy" just like real trained soldiers or just some 80 kilos spiders ?

And in addition the "damage model" on human bodies will be something like in Red Orchestra 2 ?

Edited by raptor90