Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Will ARMA3 feature weapons and vehicles?

I'm not even sure if ArmA3 will support keyboard & mouse input. I certainly haven't heard anything in the last month about it.

Last time i heard that the island SHOULD be surrounded with water. But that's a very early alpha build.

Last time i heard that the island SHOULD be surrounded with water. But that's a very early alpha build.

I have heard somewhere they have thought of floating lawa, but then again it could be beer also...

Last I heard the reputable news site The Onion reported that Arma 3 will only support two button controllers, and 16 bit EGA graphics. The first DLC will add support for keyboards. Also it will only run on the golden C64.

But it will contain an editor. A custom main menu layout editor. That will provide endless fun! :>

I can confirm that Arma 3 has been cancelled, sadly I'm not joking.

I can confirm that Arma 3 has been cancelled, sadly I'm not joking.

Nope, only all the features have been canceled ... by Maio actually. That's no joke ...

None of these jokes are funny. Gamers fail at comedy.

Fun factor has been postponed too.

List updated:

Back to normal.

Minor bug fixes

You forgot the:

some regressions fixed

+ several other crash fixes

List updated:

Back to normal.

Minor bug fixes

Don't forget to mention that Battleye is..... NOT SUPPORTED! yet

Let's hope it stays that way, I'd come to think of it as "having the same relationship with ARMA has Punkbuster has with BF3" (that is, as a punchline).

Thinking Arma would be better off without BattlEye - that's the real punchline. :D

...heard some weird laughing from the dungeons deep down below BIS HQ: "All A3 text is hardcoded in Comic Sans! All A3 briefing plans and pictures are selfmade with Powerpoint and MS Paint!!" :D

While we eagery await for devour any new information on the game (and I'm not trying to rush anything), what about a "yet to check" list? Things that not even were scratched yet like grenades, ATs, stationary weapons, vehicle turrets, FCS and so on?

While we eagery await for devour any new information on the game (and I'm not trying to rush anything), what about a "yet to check" list? Things that not even were scratched yet like grenades, ATs, stationary weapons, vehicle turrets, FCS and so on?
Frag grenades appeared... and seemed pretty much like ARMA 2's in terms of functionality.
Thinking Arma would be better off without BattlEye - that's the real punchline. :D
More like "the only trustworthy anti-cheat is an on-the-ball server admin". Then again, the early "update beta patch, get global ban" didn't help my opinion of BattlEye either (that it was rolled back didn't completely repair its reputation in my eyes) and in all fairness I'm not about to recommend Punkbuster for ARMA 3 to replace BattlEye. :p

Frag grenades appeared... and seemed pretty much like ARMA 2's in terms of functionality.

And of course will because they're next to useless ATM.

I think you should remove the "underground structures" from "sort of confirmed/dev wishes." It has been confirmed that they were tested and didn't work properly, it links to a post about DayZ, not Arma 3, and Dean has a very different idea about underground structures.

Not to discuss DayZ here, but their idea of underground structures is closer to the Elder Scrolls approach to buildings - they would be a separate "world." Their wish is that these underground structures function sort of like a lobby in MMO games, that you can enter them on one server and leave on another. That's actually what Matt told me when we discussed this issue a week ago.

Frag grenades appeared... and seemed pretty much like ARMA 2's in terms of functionality

This really needs to change for release. Throwing grenades is such a clumsy move in ArmA 2. I usually just avoid grenades unless they are rifle launched.

I've found this interview, it's neither new or old: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17263

We can read what specs are needed to run arma3 "PROPERLY" (means recommended specs for me):

"i5-2300 / Phenom II X4 940, GeForce GTS 560 / HD 7750, 4GB RAM, 25GB HDD, OS with DirectX 11 should be perfectly safe"

It could be added to list.

I see it was mentioned in first post of system requirements thread too, but somebody catched it wrong. No idea why it's sticky. :)

Edited by ddeo

I saw that in Arma3 are animals .. in the city I think I see a dog in one video...

However, I was disappointed to see that, despite the incredible realism of the game, when a truck passes close to the dog .. the dog does not realize it ... I would expect that ran away or barking, but instead it does nothing ... you can solve this little imperfection? :-)

THX!

I saw that in Arma3 are animals .. in the city I think I see a dog in one video...

However, I was disappointed to see that, despite the incredible realism of the game, when a truck passes close to the dog .. the dog does not realize it ... I would expect that ran away or barking, but instead it does nothing ... you can solve this little imperfection? :-)

THX!

Realism is subjective... it really depends on the dog. :D

im1wweOz4qY

Any idea when we'll see micro-UAVs? It says on the website that they'll have micro-UAVs deployed on squad level, but so far we've only seen the big drone kind, similar to the MQ-9 Predator rather than something similar to a MAV.

Also, since we have attachments we can take on and off, does that mean we can pickup normally scoped rifles without a scope? ex: a CZ550 found in an ammo crate and then it's scope somewhere down there?

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd