Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

So anybody knows why or is it still in beta;why is the crosshair different? I find game hard to play without laughing with that easy new crosshair i saw in videos. I mean why take out something that has been there for 12 years?

I can't comment on why this decision has been made but what I can say is that the crosshair can in no way be titled as "easy". To be honest, I think the old crosshairs looked easier due to the permanent line that showed exactly where your barrel was pointing at.

There isn't much information about the new gun mechanics out so it is hard to debate on it without speculating but I don't think this is particular bad decision because I don't think it includes changes that would make the mechanics themselves more "arcade" but I can understand it might be an issue of nostalgia.

I can't comment on why this decision has been made but what I can say is that the crosshair can in no way be titled as "easy". To be honest, I think the old crosshairs looked easier due to the permanent line that showed exactly where your barrel was pointing at.

There isn't much information about the new gun mechanics out so it is hard to debate on it without speculating but I don't think this is particular bad decision because I don't think it includes changes that would make the mechanics themselves more "arcade" but I can understand it might be an issue of nostalgia.

I honestly think the game is a milestone from before, excluding some of the things I mentioned. But this could be the tie breaker for the game being popular... there are plenty of gamers out there from Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty who have heard of this once or twice. And when they see the gameplay and graphics your community will expand tremendously. The guys we convinced at E3 to immediately take the LiveCam1 to ArmA III were amazed by the gameplay they saw, and further on were convinced to keep mentioning it to people and other camera crews. This is a sign that people out there are even more willing to check this game out now, let's hope the show goes on longer. If this becomes HOT on IGN and GameSpot... you've got yourself probably on a money train for years to come. Just make sure people can't Pirate this game and you'll be set.

Anyone knows about the weapon rest feature yet?

I mean, did they say anything to finally bring this tiny little AWESOME thingy in?

Anyone knows about the weapon rest feature yet?

I mean, did they say anything to finally bring this tiny little AWESOME thingy in?

I hope we get this feature. Beeing able to set up MGs on small walls, windows or roofs is awesome

Weapon resting is great... but shooting out off from APC gun ports is even better... if they made it in

I'm curious how med system will work if there's first aid kits.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

I'm curious how med system will work if there's first aid kits.

My wild and highly unfounded guess is that medics will be able to heal faster, but will now be dependent of their resources (medic kits,bandages).

Other units will also be able to make use of medical supplies, but with a time penalty ...

My wild and highly unfounded guess is that medics will be able to heal faster, but will now be dependent of their resources (medic kits,bandages).

Other units will also be able to make use of medical supplies, but with a time penalty ...

Amusingly, the version I heard from that GameSpot guy who tried to challenge the MOH guy was that the medkit would = regenerating health once applied (taking time to do so), so not an instant application and not an instant heal, basically like the ARMA 2 medic's heal function as an item with the healing not being concurrent with the applying... who knows if this is still true though.

Personally was a fan of the medic system in ARMA 2 where "first aid" could patch one up enough to fight, while a medic could "heal" to restore 'hit points' indefinitely... it gave me an incentive to keep him around; once his heals run out, he's just as expendable as any other rifleman. ;)

Would someone please, please inform me as to whether the AH-64D (or futuristic variant) will be featured in this game? I ain't getting this if I don't get my Green Machine hehe.

Would someone please, please inform me as to whether the AH-64D (or futuristic variant) will be featured in this game? I ain't getting this if I don't get my Green Machine hehe.

Read the confirmed features list on the first post in this thread. The RAH-66 Comanche is the main attack helicopter for BLUFOR.

Wait for ACE 3 mod to be released and you will be able to play again with all the contemporary equipments and vehicles (these in Arma 2)

Has there been any statements regarding the vehicle damage model? Just hoping for something along the lines of the GL4 mod, instead of vehicles just turning black and a small bonfire starts in the middle. Love the idea of a disabled vehicle that might slowly catch fire, with the occasional complete explosion.

Would also love something like I44's 'wreck' model, where the model is intact but fire pouring out from openings in the vehicle.

Anyway, I'm really satisfied how the lighting's come along since last year. Something's telling me it'll make Chernarus Apocalypse all the more epicer.

The current wounding system (with all 3 AIS modules) is great although limited bandages (regular riflemen) and medkits (spec ops/medics) would improve it a lot. Also, soldiers who are shot need to bleed with potential to bleed out if they aren't stabalised by a bandage OR 'healed' by a medkit. Having a short timespan to patch up more serious bleeding forces players to practise attending to casualties while underfire (not just medics in some cases) which in theory will be very common in post cold war era conventional fighting due to modern intermediate cartridge ammunition being specifically designed to wound rather than kill. This would make getting supressed with casualties very difficult, more realistic and more fun. If medics can heal wounded units this isn't super realistic as the units can get up and walk again, but it is the best option between realism (preserving medic AND the under fire casualty drill) and fun and MEDEVAC modules (user addons) are sure to come out quickly.

Has there been any statements regarding the vehicle damage model?

I have close ties with people at Nvidia, you can expect this level of destruction in my mod -

P_eJGFFrOB4

need some solution for that "TAB" lock,i hope they have made improvements on this !

Yes, this is one of the most urgent things to fix. I hope that with the new targeting capabilites that we've seen in Take on Hinds, something similar will also be implemented in Arma 3.

I have close ties with people at Nvidia, you can expect this level of destruction in my mod -

P_eJGFFrOB4

i really, really doubt that

i really, really doubt that

Exactly what I wanted to say

the weapon rest is a good feature but it can be made automatic.

ill like the advance to:

- weapon rest against tily walls to peak permanent with bipod

- press a key to lean against the bipod and rotate around it (or automatic for walls)

Automatic bipod deployment (or automatic anything, for that matter) would most likely detract from the game. I for one like to prone without automatically deploying my machine gun and becoming more or less immobile. Player choice is really the best option here.

I hope in ARMA 3 they will have overhauled the weapons simulation to include actual bullet/shell weights (like in Digital Combat Simulator) instead of the static hitpoint values in ARMA 2 where the damage only seems to scale down from initial muzzle velocity, but not up.

If they include bullet weights then it will allow for simulation of real kinetic energies as kinetic energy = 1/2mass x velocity^2.

Also, how about defining the destructive power of bombs/missile warheads in terms of their explosive filling/tnt equivelent (also like in Digital Combat Simulator) instead of the ARMA 2 system of manually inputted hitpoint and damage radius values. Also these features might make it easier to mod for new weapons.

People have been arguing for decades abourt which factors matter them most when damage to human body is considered. Some say permanent cavity size, others will say the temporary cavity size etc.

Whatever formula ou use is still highly doubtful and unfounded and you will probably find calibers that are an anomaly...

So why not at least keep it simple? It does the job. Bullets hurt less at long range, seems fine.

I think devs mentioned realistic body armor, so if I am not mistaken things could get interesting.

I'm happy enough with the introduction of interchangeable weapon accessories and dynamic body armor and ballistic helmets, as well as the more dynamic fatigue system. I doubt the ballistics of the actual bullets being fired will be very different from ARMA 2. One question though, are the under slung attachments (m203, etc.) the same as barrel and scope modifications, as in, can I swap out a m203 for a foregrip as easily as I can swap from a holo sight to an acog sight? I haven't seen this demonstrated yet, although I have seen barrel and scope mods demonstrated. I am pretty much ecstatic that weapon mods are becoming interchangeable. One of my favorite features of the STALKER games was the interchangeable mods.