Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Rocket talking about DayZ on A3:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/13/interview-whats-next-for-day-z/#more-111671

They said it was planned, but now its kind of confirmed.

And that is only the 1st paragraph, reading the rest.

EDIT: nothing more regarding A3 features.

Well since a dev said in another thread that it's a queued feature... I'm gonna add it to the dev wishlist section for safety reasons :D

Reactive armor. I'm not sure, but I think one of the devs already mentioned that's an option in vehicle customization.

I still don't remember devs saying that there would be vehicle customization. I always thought that was something that was assumed. Was that said at one of the expos/conventions?

I still don't remember devs saying that there would be vehicle customization. I always thought that was something that was assumed. Was that said at one of the expos/conventions?

Yeah, it's possible that it's simply assumed. I'll be really surprised if the devs didn't reuse the tech for soldier uniform/weapon customization on vehicles though. Customizable vehicle turrets is on the confirmed features list. Hmm... Can someone find a source?

It says so on the Arma 3 website in the vehicle section.

Yeah, it's possible that it's simply assumed. I'll be really surprised if the devs didn't reuse the tech for soldier uniform/weapon customization on vehicles though. Customizable vehicle turrets is on the confirmed features list. Hmm... Can someone find a source?

There are 3 screens of the Patria AMV:

Armed with 2 in 1 CROWS

Armed with the 30mm turret

Nemo mortar version

Edited by Maio

It might just be the equivalent of an M1A1 vs M1A2 TUSK as the one with reactive armour also has the extra commander MG.

Or an early WIP vs older WIP.

It says so on the Arma 3 website in the vehicle section.

There are 3 screens of the Patria AMV:

Armed with 2 in 1 CROWS

Armed with the 30mm turret

Nemo mortar version

There is nothing that says vehicle customization on the website. The word "customization" only appears once in relation to weapon customization. What specific paragraph are you saying refers to vehicle customization? Could you please quote it here, because I'm clearly missing it.

Bottom line: There's no real confirmation of vehicle customization, unless it was said in an interview or at an expo or convention. There is no reference to vehicle customization on the website, unless it is very vague.

There is nothing that says vehicle customization on the website. The word "customization" only appears once in relation to weapon customization. What specific paragraph are you saying refers to vehicle customization? Could you please quote it here, because I'm clearly missing it.

Bottom line: There's no real confirmation of vehicle customization, unless it was said in an interview or at an expo or convention. There is no reference to vehicle customization on the website, unless it is very vague.

Well I was about to quote this:

Many military vehicles sport additional armament, reconnaissance means and other advantages, e.g. floating or increased fordability.

but I realized , I was remembering it wrong, so yeah you are right. However , I can't remember if it was a dev who mentioned something about vehicle customization or if it was PurePassion who said something about it after last year's GamesCon. I still stand by the fact that the vehicles are modluar though...

Well I was about to quote this:

but I realized , I was remembering it wrong, so yeah you are right. However , I can't remember if it was a dev who mentioned something about vehicle customization or if it was PurePassion who said something about it after last year's GamesCon. I still stand by the fact that the vehicles are modluar though...

Yeah, well, it's assumed not confirmed, yet. I'd like it if vehicles were modular, but I'm not banking on it.

I still don´t know what some people here think when they say "modular vehicels" We had that in Arma 2 already with some vehicels. There was a BRDM with MG, another one with AT Missiles.....

I still don´t know what some people here think when they say "modular vehicels" We had that in Arma 2 already with some vehicels. There was a BRDM with MG, another one with AT Missiles.....

They don't even say "modular" vehicles. They say vehicles with additional armaments... To me that says an apc with an MG on it as opposed to an apc with a minigun on it. Doesn't suggest customizable vehicles .

By modular I mean a base vehicle model (BRDM) on which you have the ability to mount different types of armament. So instead of placing BRDM-MG or BRDM-ATGM in the editor, you can select a BRDM,select it's armament from a drop down menu and then place it.

By modular I mean a base vehicle model (BRDM) on which you have the ability to mount different types of armament. So instead of placing BRDM-MG or BRDM-ATGM in the editor, you can select a BRDM,select it's armament from a drop down menu and then place it.

which has, in the end, the same result.

Unless you are able to change that turret mid-game, i really really see no difference for the end user. Surely, there might be a proxy system or hidden selection in place this time having one base model with a range of weapons model configed, but that is left to be seen...

which has, in the end, the same result.

Unless you are able to change that turret mid-game, i really really see no difference for the end user. Surely, there might be a proxy system or hidden selection in place this time having one base model with a range of weapons model configed, but that is left to be seen...

Yep, and this is already how TakeOn Helicopters work, you can add/remove parts of the chopper in real time using animate command.

This is indeed a very nice feature, and brings loads of new gameplay opportunities with it.

Yep, and this is already how TakeOn Helicopters work, you can add/remove parts of the chopper in real time using animate command.

This is indeed a very nice feature, and brings loads of new gameplay opportunities with it.

Yeah that's what I had in mind.

Please give an example for these opportunities.

so basically you would like to switch from MG to AT missile turret by quick addaction and magically the turret is changed and you can blast tanks now?

Please give an example for these opportunities.

Hi,

One little example.

Hi,

One little example.

Mmn...even if it was allowed, it would take hours to exchange turrets if you simulate it...

Even if you got by with a few minutes...what would be the use?

Only real thing I can see is to un/mount LMGs from/on vehicles.

You ain't gonna field a 70mm from an apc like it were a mortar anytime soon.

Swiped on my Optimus2X with Tapas

Well I am sad over here... BIS never add naval ships... I mean big ones, frigates, destroyers from 21st century :< Still will buy ArmA 3

@Maionaze you should add Deferred shading to the sort of confirmed list.

Damu I believe said that there's a 99% chance it wont make it into Arma 3 release but its confirmed for the future.

Well I am sad over here... BIS never add naval ships... I mean big ones, frigates, destroyers from 21st century :< Still will buy ArmA 3

Not really enough room for them, though Limnos would be the best map so far for it. I'm sure someone will port a mod or make a new one. I expect subs too, I wonder how deep the water gets far from the coast.