Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

How about reading the first post then? :mad:

Um...maybe I was unclear. I was asking if anyone knew if the A-10 would be in the game or not. I ask this because I >>DID<< read the first post and did >>NOT<< see the A-10 on the list. SSSsssooooooo I was hoping maybe someone had heard anything about it, or any other fixed wing aircraft NOT ON THE LIST.

TYVM

I don't believe the A-10 will be in the game. The A-10 in RL is being replaced by the F-35 starting in 2028 and the game starts in 2035. However, we do no vehicles are modular and there have been countless screenshots of F-35s, so you could probably attach bombs to an F-35.

Um...maybe I was unclear. I was asking if anyone knew if the A-10 would be in the game or not. I ask this because I >>DID<< read the first post and did >>NOT<< see the A-10 on the list. SSSsssooooooo I was hoping maybe someone had heard anything about it, or any other fixed wing aircraft NOT ON THE LIST.

TYVM

If it was posted here and confrmable then it would be on the list. My guess though would be no, it's a plane from the 70's and the game is set in 2035.

Ive heard that since the demo is running at 25-30fps thats why all the render to texture stuff is laggy like the crows screen.So after the game has been well optimised and running 45-60fps the crows should be as smooth as butter. :)

Or so you hope...

:yay:

Ive heard that since the demo is running at 25-30fps thats why all the render to texture stuff is laggy like the crows screen.So after the game has been well optimised and running 45-60fps the crows should be as smooth as butter. :)

You are an optimist, arent you?

You are an optimist, arent you?

He is optimised :D

Good find Antoine. So yeah Eotech with Magnifier.

Still waiting to see if BI will sneak in holo sights with small thermal optics (nvg/flir) mounted in-front of them, assuming it'd jive with the RTT.

@maionaze You can go ahead and add the Eotech Holographic Hybrid Sight, or just generically Holographic Hybrid Sight, to the confirmed attachments list, seen at the end of the Gamestar E3 demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuL0brY4Ybs&hd=1&t=8m10s

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4568/arma3e3eotechhhsii.jpg

I envy your eyesight Antoine :P

Done ;)

Metal Storm's 3GL is the mounted grenade launcher used.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/ArmA_III#Metal_Storm_3GL

Remember this as well.

Oh sorry, I've somehow missed that. Guess I'll have to add it as the MX- 3GL as it seams that the GL is part of the rifle and not removable.

Oh sorry, I've somehow missed that. Guess I'll have to add it as the MX- 3GL as it seams that the GL is part of the rifle and not removable.

In one of the most recent vids (

) there is an info pop up about the 3GL at 9:04, it is pictured on a Tavor. Seems detachable to me. Edited by Trauma.au

In one of the most recent vids (
) there is an info pop up about the 3GL at 9:04, it is pictured on a Tavor. Seems detachable to me.

Yes, however the reason I said it's part of the rifle model is because all the attachments seen so far (torch, IR pointer,sights) were highlighted white in the gear menu while they were attached to the weapon, while the 3GL was not and furthermore, it did not appear in any of the attachment tab's.

Perhaps they just haven't implemented GL detachment/attachment properly yet and hence decided to remove the option from the gear menu for players at E3.

Perhaps they just haven't implemented GL detachment/attachment properly yet and hence decided to remove the option from the gear menu for players at E3.

Could be, however we have seen no indication of BI deviating from the 3 part customization model presented last summer. I'd gladly give up this minor feature for let's say hands moving with static weapons ( no more ghosting) that kinda brakes the "immersion"

not sure if this counts, but there is a snake here

look at around 7:50 :p

Could be, however we have seen no indication of BI deviating from the 3 part customization model presented last summer. I'd gladly give up this minor feature for let's say hands moving with static weapons ( no more ghosting) that kinda brakes the "immersion"

There are only 3 slots for customization. And we know what those slots are for: muzzle, side rail, and sight rail. Customizations to the muzzle, the side attachment (flashlight or ir laser pointer), and the different sights. I don't think we will be able to customize grenade launchers.

@ 10:11, MX rifle with a bipod attached.

Nope, not the MX. That soldier was an automatic rifleman. He had an LMG, with a bipod, not an MX. So my statement still stands. No customization of underrail attachments.

Yea not an MX but not an LMG either, even though it says Automatic Rifleman.

gunjr.jpg

Edited by Trauma.au

not sure if this counts, but there is a snake here
look at around 7:50 :p

Oh cool, good eye. I wonder if you can get bitten and need to use anti-venom. :)

I wonder what weapon it is then?

I thought that was a real picture at first. And that almost never happens to me. Wow. Is it just the graininess?

Yea not an MX but not an LMG either, even though it says Automatic Rifleman.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9674/gunjr.jpg

Actually it's both. Look closely and you'll see it's still the MX but with it's buttstock changed out and a bipod added. Could be a LMG variant of the rifle much like the MG-36 to the G36 or the M27 IAR to the HK416.