Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Map of Stratis island

When i see this pic, its look like the "Flexible Airport Buildings" system.

• Military applications
    • High quality, heavy duty membrane is available in camouflage,
    Nato green, UN white or infra-red reflective material.
    • Light weight for easier transportation and rapid installation.
    • Choice of buildings from large hangars to RES shelters for
    rapid deployment.

http://www.rubbusa.com/images/military/RES-jet.jpg

http://www.rubbusa.com/images/military/ch147-hangar.jpg

"Last edited by maionaze; Yesterday at 15:46. Reason: Honey and orange french toast"

so, what has been changed ? new confirmed features ?

"Last edited by maionaze; Yesterday at 15:46. Reason: Honey and orange french toast"

For one, info on Stratis island was added.......... if you would have actually read maionaze's post you would have understood that.

The list has been updated with the info about Stratis and the new video.

Now that we know NATO will have a regular heavy helicopter that seems to be the Merlin, can I get a confirmation that it's called the CH-49 so I can add it to the list? Cheers :)

oh my bad, thanks ! seems arma 3 will be the biggest improvement in the arma and ofp series.

I edited the "locations" subsection and added the Stratis video to the list.

The gastronomic part is just a thing I'm doing to keep the forums... colorful.

Damn Antoine... you fast boy :)

Edited by Maio
Mustard on wholegrain toast

oh my bad, thanks ! seems arma 3 will be the biggest improvement in the arma and ofp series.

Oh yeah! Game of the Year material IMO.

GamesCom 2011- A developer

I really don't see how that's a confirmation. Unless there's an actual source, it's still speculation.

And what about the shockwaves? No sources on that either. If that's based on one of the trailers, it's probably also speculation, as the only videos with shockwaves are live footage with post production effects.

^^

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?124030-My-trip-to-BIS-at-Gamescom-2011-Great!

One of the major improvements of Arma 3 is the introduction of PhysX which gives the developpers and the player a whole new horizon of possibilities. PhysX will be used for every vehicle, water simulation and other ingame interactions. PhysX gives the ability to simulate slickness of surfaces, simulating ropes ( fastropingwill be supported) and loading vehicles onto trailers and much more such as Shockwaves which are going to be simulated correctly as a force affecting other objects in the environment.

The list has been updated with the info about Stratis and the new video.

Now that we know NATO will have a regular heavy helicopter that seems to be the Merlin, can I get a confirmation that it's called the CH-49 so I can add it to the list? Cheers :)

It's not the Merlin, it's the Heavy Helicopter from Take On helicopters. :butbut:Bis, Where is the Merlin...? :butbut:

and what's the heavy helicopter in take on ? a merlin HC3 (or 1 i forgot)

Why on earth would there be a Mi-24A? This doesn't take place in the Vietnam era.

The Hamok is no doubt the replacement of the Ka-52.

Remember that the game takes place on a small Greek island, not a post-Soviet republic or Central Asian dictatorship that is awash in Red Army surplus. Many of these Aegean Islands are supposed to be demilitarized, and there is no place for leftover military equipment in such isolated and sparsely populated areas.

I'm sure modders will port current equipment into the game posthaste.

and what's the heavy helicopter in take on ? a merlin HC3 (or 1 i forgot)

It's probably a Merlin HC3 or HC4, maybe even HC5 since the design is a little different.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Why on earth would there be a Mi-24A? This doesn't take place in the Vietnam era.

The Hamok is no doubt the replacement of the Ka-52.

Remember that the game takes place on a small Greek island, not a post-Soviet republic or Central Asian dictatorship that is awash in Red Army surplus. Many of these Aegean Islands are supposed to be demilitarized, and there is no place for leftover military equipment in such isolated and sparsely populated areas.

I'm sure modders will port current equipment into the game posthaste.

AND, even still, these future technologies, such as a future MI-24, may exist in the ArmA3 world, but this conflict on Limnos is so centralized to Limnos, that we may not see every future aircraft there is. Not to mention Iran might not be using such aircraft. There should be some left-over US weapons though, because fighting did take place on Limnos. Not a whole lot of weapons, but some. Maybe some M16s, M4s, some G3s. Unless the Hellenic Army upgraded to something else. Chances are whatever resistance is on Limnos should have some of these weapons.

It's probably a Merlin HC3 or HC4, maybe even HC5 since the design is a little different.

In take on helicopters it's a fictionnal Chopper, He doesn't exist... :butbut:

In take on helicopters it's a fictionnal Chopper, it doesn't exist... :butbut:

Well, the design is almost exactly like the Merlin HC3. Also, there's a Little Bird in Take on Helicopters, but it's not called an AH-6 even though it clearly is one...

Well, the design is almost exactly like the Merlin HC3. Also, there's a Little Bird in Take on Helicopters, but it's not called an AH-6 even though it clearly is one...

He is'nt bigger than Merlin. Merlin haven't Winglets on the horizontal drift, he have 3 turbine and have 5 rotor's blade, there are only 4 blade and 2 turbine on TKOH model. And most important element for me, The Merlin is more beautiful than the chopper in TKOH !

http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/helicopter/Merlin/Merlin-HC3_RIAT2006_075_800.jpg

He is'nt bigger than Merlin. Merlin haven't Winglets on the horizontal drift, he have 3 turbine and have 5 rotor's blade, there are only 4 blade and 2 turbine on TKOH model. And most important element for me, The Merlin is more beautiful than the chopper in TKOH !

http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/helicopter/Merlin/Merlin-HC3_RIAT2006_075_800.jpg

The design is basically the Merlin. Very clear. But let's get back on topic now. This is ArmA3, not TOH.

@MulleDK19

Nice video! keep it up please with next videos :) Thank you :)

The design is basically the Merlin. Very clear. But let's get back on topic now. This is ArmA3, not TOH.

It's Merlin inspired, but that's about it. Same for that little bird-like helo.

It's Merlin inspired, but that's about it. Same for that little bird-like helo.

I just assumed that they were those helicopters (Merlin and Little Bird), but were named generic names ("Military helicopter") to emphasize the different type of helicopters. I assumed that the decision to name them generic names was a gameplay mechanic choice if you will, and not an invention of new helicopters. I guess I was wrong in my assumption.

Is this one from the old GC footage? I don't remember that part to be honest, but what caught attention is the soldiers shadow on a wall, this was actually brought up on the Outerra forums, believe it or not XD

http://i.imgur.com/DYZXC.jpg

Hey, will there be Jumping in ArmA 3??? or climbing and stuff like in BF3. A little less animated and more on the side of the ragdoll system?