Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

What forum rule are you concerned about?

To cut a long story short the article was about a different Bohemia title, they are testing it and said the physics effects are great and well optimized but when they checked the Nvidia control panel there was no indication of PhysX is being used.

While interesting, that does not answer my question at all. You must be talking about VBS2? If that is the case, VBS2 isn't like some forbidden word around here. However, discussions about VBS2 are considered off topic and may take place in the VBS2 thread, or on the VBS2 forums. While BIS's products share technology in common, I wouldn't necessarily reason that because one product is moving one way that another one is moving the same way. Certainly, conclusions made in this way at the very least resemble rumours, and do not belong in a thread about 'confirmed' anything.

Edited by Max Power

While interesting, that does not answer my question at all.

I thought it was against forum rules to discuss certain 'other' Bohemia titles in this forum. The author of the article did say that he contacted Bohemia to find out more about the physics engine, but I don't know if they got in contact with him or not. Anyway I guess we will just have to wait for more new info to find out for sure.

After discussing feedback from members of the community, VBS news and VBS news related discussions will be allowed in this thread.

News topics and subsequent news specific discussions are to be allowed in above thread (and only that thread). For questions about how to use VBS2 or support for it, use the VBS2 Support Forums or known email address.

Please refrain from creating any new threads about this simulation and cluttering the forums even more.

The existing VBS2 threads spread all over the forums will be closed anytime soon.

That is the stated policy for VBS 2 discussion. It says all VBS2 discussion should be in the VBS 2 thread. It doesn't say, 'dare yee not mention VBS 2 lest yee be keel hauled'. Simply, this discussion must not be turned into a discussion about VBS 2.

... and the usual crap like 'this is in VBS 2 and I want it in my armaz' will be handled in the usual way.

That is my understanding, and if I am corrected, I will let you know. However, in this case, some news about VBS 2 isn't news about ArmA 3, and is not confirmed, therefore does not belong here.

Edited by Max Power

The author of the article did say that he contacted Bohemia to find out more about the physics engine, but I don't know if they got in contact with him or not. Anyway I guess we will just have to wait for more new info to find out for sure.

to the main phisic engine was not as in "praise" BF3 where everything is awful and lags, proposes

to the main phisic engine was not as in "praise" BF3 where everything is awful and lags, proposes

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean, but the author of the article commended the realism, performance, and depth of the physics. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. As Max said this is a 'confirmed' features thread so I will leave it at that for now until we get some solid confirmation on this.

If you wish to discuss articles regarding VBS 2, please don't hesitate to do so in the VBS 2 thread :)

And again, physX avaliable for props and objects?

To cut a long story short the article was about a different Bohemia title, they are testing it and said the physics effects are great and well optimized but when they checked the Nvidia control panel there was no indication of PhysX is being used.

there is a very simple answer: because that physix CP only shows physx controlled cloth/ particle simulation/ apex, and NOT when physx is used as the default physics engine for ragdolls and simple other interactions...which what BIS is aiming for anyways with A3.

And again, physX avaliable for props and objects?

If it was confirmed, you would be able to read about it in the first post, no?

Link on the article maybe?

I finally got the physics demo footage, goes for about 11 minutes so it might take some time to upload but I'll post a link here soon as it's done. If they have the same physics effects in Arma 3 my brain is going to melt, so awesome I still can't beleive it.

Yes, Max I read it, but I see it only in PR videos, interesting about other objects, vehicles, trees, bushes, weaponholders etc!:)

Yes, J-Guid. This is the comfirmed features thread, not a Q&A with the developers, and not a discussion about the particulars of the Physx implementation. It is knowledge base about what is known about the game from official sources. If that information was known, it would be in the first post.

I finally got the physics demo footage, goes for about 11 minutes so it might take some time to upload but I'll post a link here soon as it's done. If they have the same physics effects in Arma 3 my brain is going to melt, so awesome I still can't beleive it.

Care to share? Or atleast the article? This doesn't require any uploading times.

Do you mean cooperation with RPEL (Real time physics effects library)?

Feel free to shift it to the VBS2 thread but I think some explanation is due ;)

well, lets talk about an other feature : animations !

somewhere a guy said that we will have proper animations for weapon reloading, now the reloading animations will be like battlefield, call of duty, counter-strike etc... and not anymore those shitty animations like arma, arma 2 etc... BUT, is it really confirmed ? if yes, is there an article or video about it or even better : an demonstration about the reloading animation ?

somewhere a guy said that we will have proper animations for weapon reloading, now the reloading animations will be like battlefield, call of duty, counter-strike etc... and not anymore those shitty animations like arma, arma 2 etc... BUT, is it really confirmed ? if yes, is there an article or video about it or even better : an demonstration about the reloading animation ?

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/294-report-in-interview-with-zdenk-vespalec-animation-lead

You can expect tailored reload animations for each weapon, and animated gun parts...

Also PurePassion ​(or was it someone else?) have seen them with his own eyes.

Yes indeed :) Tough it was summer last year and only a few new animations were ingame at that moment. You can read my impressions here.

The reloading animation for the GM6 Lynx was very nice already! I saw everything one would expect, that means lifting the gun up and resting it on the hip, pulling the reciever, inserting a new mag and then cocking it. The hands were all time at the right places and had propper contact with the rifle. Meanwhile, you got a nice view of the interior mechanics of the gun :)

You can see the WIP reload animations from GamesCom 2011 in this video:

0IQIGDCZecM

Oke Max, I just interested :)

So am I, to be honest.

Edited by Max Power

oh im glad that i was on the right side about reloading animation and my wishes become real :D btw about animation :

1. did someone saw that vehicles have damage model like in gta, if you drive against something that you door or engine is damaged with real model ?

2. get in- get out animations like in gta with open and close door, someone saw that ?

BI said something about those features but its long time ago and after that, we never heard anything about those features, so im confused about that... someone saw it in a video or read it that its confirmed ? or did you saw that PurePassion ? i hope BI admit that they have those features, last time they werent sure

oh im glad that i was on the right side about reloading animation and my wishes become real :D btw about animation :

1. did someone saw that vehicles have damage model like in gta, if you drive against something that you door or engine is damaged with real model ?

2. get in- get out animations like in gta with open and close door, someone saw that ?

BI said something about those features but its long time ago and after that, we never heard anything about those features, so im confused about that... someone saw it in a video or read it that its confirmed ? or did you saw that PurePassion ? i hope BI admit that they have those features, last time they werent sure

We have no confirmation that we will get a revamped damage model for vehicles, however we have seen 2 versions of the same type of pickup. One that had a missing right door, but looked brand new and one that seemed intact. Unless there is a "pickup_rightdoor_missing" model, this might hint to something :)

EDIT:

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/Maionaze/Damage.png

Edited by Maio
Damn almods... they are so good

@maionaze

Well, let's wait for 19th of April! Maybe we will see something related to this!