Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Remember ArmA 2 We can deployed UAV with backpack, they surely use the same system with small UAV

Remember ArmA 2 We can deployed UAV with backpack, they surely use the same system with small UAV

Hopefully it will be MP compatiable this time.

Now unlike arma2, arma3's faction sides will be like ARMA:CWA and ARMA1 (one BLUFOR, one OPFOR, one IND, one Civilian).

Now unlike arma2, arma3's faction sides will be like ARMA:CWA and ARMA1 (one BLUFOR, one OPFOR, one IND, one Civilian).

Until the eventual DLC or expansion pack arrives. Then there will be like 5 different blufor factions (for the different NATO members), maybe 3 independents (the existing one plus maybe a russian faction and a chinese faction), still one civilian. :P

Now that's unfortunate, I really liked the old faction list better.

Can anyone make out what luncher the first solider has on his back? It looks like it's a straight tube, I can't tell if it has any "plugs" for the tube, like the Javelin or the NLAW...

Can anyone make out what luncher the first solider has on his back? It looks like it's a straight tube, I can't tell if it has any "plugs" for the tube, like the Javelin or the NLAW...

In what picture?

I don't know but you can see that he have a backpack and a launcher !

In what picture?

In this video:

DXIoEUq8YE8

Is the lens flare shown in the preview shot of that video included in the game or was that just for the purposes of the trailer because if it is included in first person that would be a giant joke. ARMA is meant to be a simulation.

Is the lens flare shown in the preview shot of that video included in the game or was that just for the purposes of the trailer because if it is included in first person that would be a giant joke. ARMA is meant to be a simulation.

Man, it's third person, so the lens flare shows up. It's the same in ArmA2. No big deal.

In ArmA2 lensflare only shows up in 3rd person (or camera wiev), not in 1st person. I expect it to stay the same in ArmA3 as it is a good solution.

/edit Ninja'd... :)

In ArmA2 lensflare only shows up in 3rd person (or camera wiev), not in 1st person. I expect it to stay the same in ArmA3 as it is a good solution.

/edit Ninja'd... :)

yeah... by like 8 hrs :P

Yeah, they kinda expanded their simulation onto DSLR stuff. In order to avoid lens flare you will have an option to put on a lens cap.

That's right ARMA is a simulation and that's why they simulate lens flare when viewing through a simulated camera which believe it or not contain lenses.

They won't and never have done anything as incorrect as 1st person lens flare lol

Yeah all good. Never saw lens flare in ARMA2 so I thought 3 would be going the way of BF3 lens flare.

Lens flare is in ArmA II, I believe they've had it since ArmA: Armed Assault.

Lens flare is in ArmA II, I believe they've had it since ArmA: Armed Assault.

they had since OFP:CWC

Well, actually lens fare can be disabled or enabled by the string"OpticFlare=0;";"OpticFlare=1" in weapons config.bin

since BI confirmed that arma 3 will have ragdolls / physics, is there a chance to have it on props, objects etc....

for example : GTA IV was the first grand theft auto with REAL physics / ragdolls, when gta IV was in development, rockstar games confirmed ragdolls / physics and when it was released, we saw ragdolls / physics on almost every props, objects ..... is there a chance to see it in arma 3 too ?

another example : in gta IV, if you drive against an streetlight, the streetlight moved with its ragdolls / physics, or when you drive against trash, hotdog stand and alot of other objects.... in arma 2, we dont have ragdolls / physics and the objects (for example streelights or trashcan) are only animated with one animation and when we destroy them (doesnt matter how, if we drive against objects / props or destroy them with bombs....) it looks a bit... well... i dont want to say it.

i hope we have a chance to see in arma 3 ragdolls / physics for every objects / props and other things like trees and destroyable things etc and not like in arma 2 with 1 animation the crazy movement of objects / props

depends on the stress that it would cause on hardware (especially servers for MP). I imagine a lot of the smaller objects could be dealt with client side like in many games, but larger things like you mentioned with lamp poles, trees, walls/fences, would have to be synched probably, assuming they were to remain an obstacle afterwards (which I'd like rather than the fallen object you can just walk right through).

shephart, you are dreaming :D ;)

I think BIS spit on obviously required features and again skip it because VBS dont have this features (for objects), we can only praying... Shit, why we must praying?! Or anybody have another information?!

/facepalm

Or anybody have another information?

I read an article just now that leads me to believe they abandoned PhysX and have been using a different physics engine. I can't post link here because it is against forum rules.