Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

the first thing i noticed on those pictures that'es the fennek who have a real physic , it's not like drop a rock (the rock fall just straigh) now you can see the curve of the vehicule ! that's a really good job

the first thing i noticed on those pictures that'es the fennek who have a real physic , it's not like drop a rock (the rock fall just straigh) now you can see the curve of the vehicule ! that's a really good job

Yeah that's because of the added Physics engine.

The lightning looks vastly improved aswell. Which is great. :)

here you can take an easy look at those tiny beauties:

*pics*

That is definitely a little bird :)

The only thing that seems little strange(more than the sensor ball is that all pics Ive seen from little birds is that they got also a different tail(but its the future so they probably changed it).

And if they have the AH 6 they should also have the MH 6 version too(I hope).

The only thing that seems little strange(more than the sensor ball is that all pics Ive seen from little birds is that they got also a different tail(but its the future so they probably changed it).

And if they have the AH 6 they should also have the MH 6 version too(I hope).

I cant tell for sure, but the tail does look thicker. Maybe it's based on the MD-520N < that one even has a sensor ball :D

EDIT

Nope it's the AH-6 (the actual model is still unknown)

Edited by Maio

yeah i know that's because they add physX but now you can really see how it gonna be ingame !

It is not the AH-6 or MH-6. To me, it looks like they've incorporated the light helicopter (Military Scout) from Take On Helicopters into the game.

Pretty sure this "Military Scout" IS the AH-6.

I'm hoping the one in A3 will be the new AH-6I or perhaps some other modern/futuristic variant. I'm really pleased either way for the inclusion of this awesome flying machine. :D

Edited by Dingo8

It is not the AH-6 or MH-6. To me, it looks like they've incorporated the light helicopter (Military Scout) from Take On Helicopters into the game.

I think its the AH-6, however it got a slightly different tail"fins"(dont know what the "things" in the back are named)

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss24/Handumananians/ah-67.jpg ( look at the tail and you see its different, and hte lighthelicopter from the post above got the same tail as the ingame helicopter)

So is it a special, future version of the AH6 or what?

@PurePassion Oh wow, I love smookies animation mod too, good to know he's on the team!:D

AWESOME NEWS! Public beta BEFORE release? Revamped animation, UI, visuals, lighting? I don't know what to be excited about more!

That's a lot of Render to Texture at a time... I wonder about the performance hit.

Edited by Myshaak

I know, adds so much immersion to driving vehicles it's not funny

I know that you can disable it in TakOH, I just wonder what FPS difference would be if there were only 2 mirrors instead of 4 and an on-board screen(s) :)

Ok list updated:

Added RTT to the game engine section.

Added working mirrors and MFD's to the gameplay section

Added chemlights and the beret to the tactical gear & clothes section.

Now I have some questions for BIS :D :

We can see the solider in this screen wearing a T-shirt as his top. Does this mean that combat fatigues/clothes are now split into 2 sections, top and bottom or is it simply a "pants with t-shirt" one piece fatigue?

Is that cilinder under the L-159 a targeting pod?

Will there be a single modular "H-6" platform that can be equiped depending on the mission or will there be 2 platforms, the AH-6 and the MH-6?

Will eye protection be an equipable in-game item? I'm asking this because I see a distinct lack of goggles on the solider models in this screens compared to old ones.

Edited by Maio
Strawberry Jam on black bread

So, better lighting (day and night), new animations (crouch looks new), customizable gear (Iranian with beret, probably an officer, black NATO soldier with a different helmet than the other soldiers), animated hands on wheels, new items (chem lights), RTT, better headlights (as in not just a circle of light), great looking graphics. They showcased a lot in those pics. Seriously can't wait for more dev blogs, and E3, and Gamescom, and that Alpha.

I would also like to know if those Mirrors really behave like Mirrors or like Screens. If they behave like mirrors, then the guy on the passenger seat shouldn´t be able to see the same things the driver does.

If that Render to Texture will eat too much FPS for you , you can disable it like in TKOH ;)

Having not played ToH, what is the FPS cost of having RTT screens active, anyone know?