Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

pretty sure dragging dead bodies is new (at least as a native feautre w/o user scripting)

You have that in A2 campaign, for custom missions synk with the med modules

Have a good propose about vehicles physical model, if whos play in UAZ 4x4 Offroad - this game have a awesome and amazing physical reflections on diffrent grounds, how is in real life, you perfectly fill break and acceleration triggers, if you press hard, car starts to skid on the ground and throw stones from under the wheels! Check it!

As we are currently forced to sit and wait ? for the team to overcome the hangover and further results of the big christmas party, here is some (new) gameplay footage featuring an interview with Lord Ivan :notworthy: :

wm2jR-QfjoM

Thanks go out to BoboCz for this outstanding find and helping me with the translations. thanks mate ;)

Enjoy it :)

pure

Edited by PurePassion
Moar Santa hats! @_@

Was there anything new at all in that video? All the footage certainly seemed to be the same seen in previous videos.

Was there anything new at all in that video? All the footage certainly seemed to be the same seen in previous videos.

Well not new per say , but the player took some damage when the Hunter M-ATV slammed in a low stone fence. I think we also got a glimpse on how land vehicles will handle at high speeds, you can see the suspensions working :)

I think we also got a glimpse on how land vehicles will handle at high speeds, you can see the suspensions working :)

So at least we wont lose any features. :p

TBH im really dissappointed that all the new footage in that was of a much rougher and uglier build from before...it would've been interesting if we got to see those same new scenes reproduced in the engines CURRENT state (which im sure at least LOOK miles better) after seeing it looking horribly brown and dead. When at first I thought it was currnet I did a double-take at how awful the graphics were and how weirdly the vehicles APPEARED to handle when in motion compared to the e3 and gamescom videos we saw.

So the "video" part of the presentation sucked, but can anyone who speaks the language confirm that no new exciting info was said during the actual discussion itself other than, what has already been said in the comments about most of the footage being old?

no reason to be dissapointed ;)

it was no "new" footage. It is only "new" in the meaning of "newly discovered". The footage you see there was propably from the gamescom build or an earlier version.

Also bear in mind this video was: recorded off a screen by a camera then streamed in 576p on an online player, once again recorded off screen and then packed into another video and uploaded to youtube, so this is anywhere but the true visual quality ;)

If you watch it on the youtube page and enable annotations, you can actually read a subtitle i made with the help of bobo.

AI that can harpoon you.

Player = whale from TKOH

You've got all the makings of Moby Dick campaign :D

Can the AI still see you/shoot at you through opaque bushes/foliage?

That's one thing that absolutely pissed me off with Ofp/Armed assault.

Also being able to cancel reloading anims?

Can the AI still see you/shoot at you through opaque bushes/foliage?

That's one thing that absolutely pissed me off with Ofp/Armed assault.

Thats only because

Much cooler demo than
was. :)

I also once made one for

, and another one related to grass. Sometimes it makes me sad that all the videos i could be bothered to upload are related to ArmA1/2 bugs/myths. :p

Now that I think about it, Im curious as to what the Lord meant when he said that he'd like to look at some things back from the original Flashpoint, any ideas other than the old "weapon on back" stuff?

Now that I think about it, Im curious as to what the Lord meant when he said that he'd like to look at some things back from the original Flashpoint, any ideas other than the old "weapon on back" stuff?

Probably it is more my mistake, small misunderstanding, that happen when I made quick rough translation and PurePassion corrected and improved my translation ;).

the Lord says:

Other thing that I like and what I missed from Flashpoint and which is also what we step by step have been improving during development of Arma 2 and Arrowhead, is an artillery, or an other general support artillery, which we expanded further in Arma 3. .....

.. he says something like this, this is also not exact translation, its really long sentence and hopefully it is more clear now :).

Probably it is more my mistake, small misunderstanding, that happen when I made quick rough translation and PurePassion corrected and improved my translation ;).

the Lord says:

Other thing that I like and what I missed from Flashpoint and which is also what we step by step have been improving during development of Arma 2 and Arrowhead, is an artillery, or an other general support artillery, which we expanded further in Arma 3. .....

.. he says something like this, this is also not exact translation, its really long sentence and hopefully it is more clear now :).

Okay, Thanks for clearing that up!:)

Java is coming to Arma3 as a new scripting language!!!! :yay:

...we're pushing the ability to use Java to the next patch :yay:

Why is this awesomeâ„¢?

• Using a widespread, proven and robust language with loads of documentation and tutorials.
  • Using IDEs such as NetBeans and Eclipse for development and debugging.
  • Using Object-Oriented programming architecture and design.
  • Using generally much higher performance script execution.
  • Using many standard Java libraries instead of reinventing the wheel.

Note: this will not replace SQF scripting, so the transition should be smooth.

We also intend to roll out a major upgrade to our scripting technology, which many of you will love, and which will provide another glimpse into the technology for A3.
Edited by MadDogX

This is great :) I was always tempted to learn Java and now I have an extra reasson :)

List has been updated under game engine :)

Thats only because

Apparently not as much as you suck at reading, considering I said nothing about Arma 2. But you could have just as easily informed me that such an obvious flaw that most certainly DID exist in both OFP and Armed Assault had been fixed.

But I suppose responding to me like somebody half your age would is also appropriate considering your ability to read is about on-par.

:yay: