Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I had bad quality because I am over 3G, but is the door missing?

Door is missing, also in the second video looks like the hood is crushed a bit or open.

Could be that the module just spawned a different model of the vehicle.

The car in the first vid is not white

Could be that the module just spawned a different model of the vehicle.

The car in the first vid is not white

I got the colors mixed up :p. I edited my post.

Yes, a spawn module might be at work. You can spot new vehicles in the first video, for example the blue moto-scuter in the garden to the left at around 1 min or the blue van down the street, but the pick up is in the same spot and it's the same model. I kinda hope it was a hint from BIS :)

Confirmed feature:

Modular Turrets for eg. APC's are part of the weapon modifications.

I'm such a doofus :butbut: .I was talking about this with a friend after GC, but I forgot to add it to the list.

Danke Pure ;)

hehe I know this feeling :rolleyes: :D

So far we know of the NEMO 120mm mortar, the DLS turret and some CROWS system that is used both by BLUFOR and OPFOR

nici o problema ;)

Edited by PurePassion

Here's another feature: There will be different kinds of Hydra rockets available (AT, AA, AP etc) :)

I purchased skyrim by Bethesda, have used steam to run their game and download updates like patches. But it doesnt work with mods.

I hope Bohemia Interactive do not go down this road?????

I purchased skyrim by Bethesda, have used steam to run their game and download updates like patches. But it doesnt work with mods.

Another candidate for the Most Pointless Post of the Year.

Another candidate for the Most Pointless Post of the Year.

Go on explain yourself then? You know what Bohemia are going to do on post production. So tell me???

Go on explain yourself then? You know what Bohemia are going to do on post production. So tell me???

Your post isn't understandable : you obviously can have games on steam allowing mods. And obviously BIS will allow mods.

I know they're not going to remove mod support because they have already said as much. You are simply ignorant of the facts and drawing flawed conclusions based on completely different games made by completely different companies.

That and Skyrim does work with mods last I checked.

Edit: Ah correction, apparently some don't work.

Well what doesn't work with mods? Steam or Skyrim itself?

In response to this post in the press coverage thread:

... your character's hands still don't move when he drives.

Huh?

That's one of the features they've already showcased. :confused:

Not to mention that all the images in the article are from the oldest screenshots and they even say the game is "a year away from release"... I would almost say that article was written six months ago, but it's from the November edition of the mag. What gives?

Ahh this was so extremely bugging me! :D I guess I'm not the only one ^^

Somehow this is also a good mistake. If you are getting told the only critism one could think of Arma 3 atm is the missing steering wheel animation, it's just getting better this is a confirmed feature for a long time :)

Ahh this was so extremely bugging me! :D I guess I'm not the only one ^^

Somehow this is also a good mistake. If you are getting told the only critism one could think of Arma 3 atm is the missing steering wheel animation, it's just getting better this is a confirmed feature for a long time :)

It's the MAN's media trying to keep BIS down bra!!!!

Hey Pure, where did you get the info about the Hydra's ?

Edited by Maio
Ain't no sunshine where we go....

hehe yeah! templars 'n' shit :D

Hey Pure, where did you get the info about the Hydra's ?

our mighty :icon_twisted:

(would just leave it with "different kinds of hydras" tough)

:)

Well what doesn't work with mods? Steam or Skyrim itself?

It's a combination of things. To combat piracy during a steam update, Skyrim's exe was tied directly in to Steam (steam has to run now for Skyrim to run it wasn't so at launch). Because of this, the exe couldn't be modified to use the LAA addon (large address aware) that was being used previously by many to have the game use more than 2gb of ram, which is handy if you are using higher res textures and such that you've downloaded.

All said and done though, this has already been worked out and the mod is up and working again.

Please make mission making use less scripting. Use many more drop down lists in Waypoints, triggers, and in game radio calling features that spawn results from base without scripting. Examples: Call in custom airstrike,custom resupply trucks,custom reinforcements. The airstrike would spawn at base, navigate to you, hit location you set on map and then RTB and actually fly there,land,and dismiss.

Custom supply truck convoy spawns from base navigates using streets and not forest,steep mountain,or deep water,delivers supply and if fail they radio to you mission incomplete and why(destroyed by ambush enemy airstrike etc). Call in C-130 that spawns at base and navigates to you dropping custom supplies and reinforcements and RTB. Call in UAV that spawns and gives you thermal image screen of nearby activity. Complete artillery templates that spawn artillery when radio called by either side and do not disappear and stay available for radio fire mission until destroyed by enemy.

Waypoints that have larger selection to have units: set up camp, set up perimeter, construct base, set up triage, search an entire building,Use nearest vehicles by default etc,etc.

Playable AI that respawn and find nearest vehicle and navigate back to squad leader instead of walking 10 miles in straight line crossing deep water ignoring the bridge 10meters away and showing up to squad leader ready to fight a tank with only a pistol because he let his gear sink in deep water.LOL

Radio calls in game that call for custom helicopter extractions that spawn from base or your choice and navigate to your map location and wait til your in and take you where you need to go without scripting.

Tiggers that spawn Opfor/Blufor custom size and amount units to attack do etc. without scripting

Make scenario and mission making easier for the average joe who doesn't know how to or have time to learn scripting and code.

Edited by Bobby2
add wish.

Jay Crowe recently confirmed light engine improvements for A3 in a twitter post:

Great meet & greet with the #Arma3 team! New lighting tech/HDR is coming along very nicely: warm summer; vibrant night.

please understand that if it is confirmed for VBS2, it doesn't mean will be in A3...