Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

As long as I don't have to actually sound like the AI do now to have a command working, yeah great!

Yeah thats it. A good thing about these programms is that you can link any word to the desired action. ( e.g. for "get down" you can use "lay down" "heads down" "drop" and much more, so the "language" actually becomes more lifelike)

My concern with Arma 3 is that the new features, while being an outstanding addition and really appreciatet, might complicate matters with the solutions currently used (action menu in list-style etc). So finding ways to make those things easier accessible and in those cases even more realistic, would be the best thing the team could possibly do :)

What did you think about weapon modification on the fly ?

It's an awesome idea :) Here is a little concept I made a few days ago.

Edited by PurePassion

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but on the first page it has china listen under factions.

Where was china confirmed. I would love to see for myself.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but on the first page it has china listen under factions.

Where was china confirmed. I would love to see for myself.

I think it was one of the PC Gamer interviews. You can go to the ArmAholic confirmed features thread. They also have a list of all the articles on ArmA 3 and check the ones from around E3.

P.S. I did not say much . It just said that China is Iran's ally.

I think it was one of the PC Gamer interviews. You can go to the ArmAholic confirmed features thread. They also have a list of all the articles on ArmA 3 and check the ones from around E3.

P.S. I did not say much . It just said that China is Iran's ally.

Cheers mate

When they say the limnos map is 2.4 times as big as takistan do they mean the entire map (including water) is 2.4x or just the land mass alone. I'm pretty sure its just the island alone but it seemed to good to be true.

I would like to ask a BIS dev to take a quick look over the extended features and developer wishlist and see if anything does not belong there.

Cheers :)

It's an awesome idea :) Here is a little concept I made a few days ago.

Yeah I liked the weapon customization in Crysis (the real-time menu, that is). I'd like to adjust things like stock position, cheek rest position, flipping up/down sights, turning on/off lasers/flashlights, and switching between reticles/illumination on your optic for example.

LOL, love the mix between the K-50 and Mi-28, and yes that is a Black Eagle tank, just that with a wierd cannon.

mostly unimportant info, BIS were today/yesterday at czech GDS, i looked it up and they were speaking about their history/terrain making/animations, but i doubt there will be videos, presentation slides maybe, god knows when

are all optical sights going to be 2 dimensional or is the ADS actually going to look realistic?

im tired of having a dogfight only tohave a "dirty" looking jet come outof it, realistically it would break into many pieces if that heavily damaged

are the requirements the minimum requirements or are they the recommended specifications?

The are basically useless ^^

Too much can change during developpement and the time it will be released in 2012.

The only fact you can make real use of is knowing that

was achieved with an

i5 760, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 480 :)

are the requirements the minimum requirements or are they the recommended specifications?

somewhere between the two i guess. It is not minimum per say (as in one will not be able to play it at all), but i guess it is a minimum in terms of what sort of rig should be able to play the game fluidly...

somewhere between the two i guess. It is not minimum per say (as in one will not be able to play it at all), but i guess it is a minimum in terms of what sort of rig should be able to play the game fluidly...

Wait 6 months after release. Then you'll know what runs the game decently.

"New scripting technology" has been more or less confirmed for Arma3. It will make its first appearance soon in Take On Helocopters:

Patch 2

The major flight model tweaks have been pushed to Patch 3, because they are rather advanced and we need to time to do them properly (in cooperation with our partners). Instead, Patch 2 will have a lot more miscellaneous fixes to all areas of the game. We also intend to roll out a major upgrade to our scripting technology, which many of you will love, and which will provide another glimpse into the technology for A3. Stay tuned for more on the specifics.

Source

OPFOR uses a camopattern called "Hexacam"

Here are two more variants of it: Arid and semi-Arid

might not be completely confirmed but makes sense ^^

Edited by PurePassion

List updated with the latest vague news regarding the scripting tech.

One love!

"New scripting technology" has been more or less confirmed for Arma3. It will make its first appearance soon in Take On Helocopters:

Source

Thank you BIS!

:D

Source

Damns, we have to look on OTHER BI subforums to get "small" (not really, I know) A3 info now after like 2 1/2 months of silence, That's messed up bro:( like, seriously 5 new screenies maybe showing a new reload anim in progress or maybe a cool pose/environ in the game is all I want, then, I'll stop whining for like, another 8 weeks, IS THAT NOT WORTH IT!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaQAAAAAAAAAaaAaAAaaaaAAAaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

*waits for kind masterful BI dev to save the day*

Damns, we have to look on OTHER BI subforums to get "small" (not really, I know) A3 info now after like 2 1/2 months of silence, That's messed up bro:( like, seriously 5 new screenies maybe showing a new reload anim in progress or maybe a cool pose/environ in the game is all I want, then, I'll stop whining for like, another 8 weeks, IS THAT NOT WORTH IT!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaQAAAAAAAAAaaAaAAaaaaAAAaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

*waits for kind masterful BI dev to save the day*

there will be a media blow out soon enough, Dwarden is going to open is mouth in IRC and spill the beans :p

Hes going to be the next one joining the Bannedwagon

Damns, we have to look on OTHER BI subforums to get "small" (not really, I know) A3 info now after like 2 1/2 months of silence, That's messed up bro:(

The ARG must have been a nightmare for you then :p

My bet is christmas. Anyhow, sometime after 1.60 :D

Some of you may have missed it, so here is something for you.

Although it's not confirmed, we may have gotten a hint to an improved vehicle damage system:

Take notice of the pickup on the left side of the road.

gMbiyMcw8hg

Now watch this one starting from 7:25 and look at the pickup on the left side of the road. (Hint. It's in the same place)

pZ3RbJ2CcLg

What do you see :) ?

Edited by Maio