Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/08/arma-x-anniversary-edition-review/

"The Armory system will be used to generate missions that form part of the main story of Arma 3, the game building the story around you, but right now it’s the easiest way of getting into the game for a quick tank vs sniper battle with friends. "

So the multiplayer Armory system will be used to randomly generate missions throught the campaign for Arma 3. Good news :)

Operative;2038311']^ totally right' date=' nice to see there's people that know the difference.[/quote']

Sad to see that there are people that don't.

Also, keep it up devs, I would be happy if a quarter of these features make it into the final game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/08/arma-x-anniversary-edition-review/

"The Armory system will be used to generate missions that form part of the main story of Arma 3, the game building the story around you, but right now it’s the easiest way of getting into the game for a quick tank vs sniper battle with friends. "

So the multiplayer Armory system will be used to randomly generate missions throught the campaign for Arma 3. Good news :)

Sounds interesting and might be realy good if they implement it properly. This would add some randomnes to the missions.

Also a very nice review. I like the comments

Sounds interesting and might be realy good if they implement it properly. This would add some randomnes to the missions.

Also a very nice review. I like the comments

Yeah it was very good! I just wish that we wouldn't have to scour seemingly irrelevnat articles (this was about arma X after all) for details, its been too long of a lapse in info from BI ( near 50 days of near silence is near too much for me to take!) I would atleast want some paltry screenshots of the game in action to whet my appetite.

Yeah it was very good! I just wish that we wouldn't have to scour seemingly irrelevnat articles (this was about arma X after all) for details, its been too long of a lapse in info from BI ( near 50 days of near silence is near too much for me to take!) I would atleast want some paltry screenshots of the game in action to whet my appetite.

It's the BIS way. Like training for a job at the CIA, having to sift through hundreds of pages of rubbish to find the one interesting bit of useful intelligence ;)

It's the BIS way. Like training for a job at the CIA, having to sift through hundreds of pages of rubbish to find the one interesting bit of useful intelligence ;)

Yeah I guess this means were all well past qualified for one of those jobs.

You have to be ANAL about the details if you want to be an ANALYST!!!!:p

I was pretty sure that this was a KAC LMG, but now I see it's a LSAT Caseless Light machine gun (how didn't I note the caseless ammunition on the belt?)

items.jpg

Based on this screen from the video danny96 posted, SCUBA and goggles are separate items. The narrator also mentioned that your uniform directly effects your character and is customizable. (IE the addition of working body armor, added gear slots based on what you're wearing and how it effects you.) What I want to know is whether the weight of your gear effects your performance or not, basically, if you're packing a ton of gear around you lose breath (Not necessarily pass out like in ACE) faster and potentially longer.

At about 11:35 you can see in the action menu "[Dr]op Combat Fatigues (MTP)" so you may not need replacement clothes in order to take them off in the final product, not really a bad thing as it would be very funny to see guys running down a hill at the enemy sporting the result of Ivan Buchta's long hours of painstaking research. :rolleyes:

This begs the question though, if you're "naked" will you have no inventory slots? And if that's the case, will magazines in your weapon be taken out of it when they're loaded?

Another thing to think about is shouldn't the person's gear you take follow the clothing? Things in pockets tend to remain in pockets, until acted upon by an outside force. And if they do indeed stay with the person, where do they go? If the amount of gear slots you have is directly effected by your clothing, then the corpse (or person taking the clothes off) would have too much gear for too little slots. Will they be scattered around like in ArmA 2 when you try to put things in trucks that have no item slots left?

He also mentions that the building destruction is getting an upgrade from ArmA 2, though the trees falling are still animated. :p

+1 for a seperate weapon modification menu.

Keeping the action menu ( if it will still exist like we know it) clean and well arranged should have a high priority. seperating the weapon customization from game interactions ( enter vehicle etc) sounds like a very good and logical idea.

You would definitely have my vote for an more interactive system ( partly inspired by Crysis and supported by new features added in TOH)

It could look something like this:

• Player presses a hotkey
  • animation to hold up the weapon ( slightly edited sitting idle movement animation)
  • interaction points as seen in the cockpits of TOH are connected with specific places on the weapon
  • a screen cursor appears ( edited freelook cursor from TOH)
  • if multiple options are available, the user can click on the specific button located at different spots on the rifle and a small on-screen list menu appears where he can choose the attachement available ( comp. with editor menu)
  • finished by usual "interact" animation after each change ( like it currently is)

et voilà there you have your uncluttered action menu, neat support for the new core feature of the game and especially your desired attachement :D

Edited by PurePassion

Agreed with PPassion. A separate weapon customization menu is almost a must.

Keeping the action menu ( if it will still exist like we know it) clean and well arranged should have a high priority. seperating the weapon customization from game interactions ( enter vehicle etc) sounds like a very good and logical idea.

You would definitely have my vote for an more interactive system ( partly inspired by Crysis and supported by new features added in TOH)

• animation to hold up the weapon ( slightly edited sitting idle movement animation)
  • interaction points as seen in the cockpits in TOH are connected with specific places on the weapon
  • if multiple options are available, the user can click on the specific button located at different spots on the rifle and a small on-screen list menu appears where he can chose the attachement available ( comp. with editor menu)
  • finished by usual "interact" animation

et voilà there you have your uncluttered action menu, neat support for the new core feature of the game and especially your desired attachement :D

I agree wholeheartedly. It should all be done in the gear menu at the very least.

• interaction points as seen in the cockpits of TOH are connected with specific places on the weapon
  • if multiple options are available, the user can click on the specific button located at different spots on the rifle and a small on-screen list menu appears where he can chose the attachement available ( comp. with editor menu)

I concur.

I dont speak english very well, but in this video, i ear waves are influenced by wind settings, thats correct ?

i already imagine play during a storm :love:

In A2/OA wave height is controlled by overcast. I think I've heard waves will now be controlled by wind which is more logical. Note that we also have tides. Haven't seen that in other games :)

This would be pure genious :eek:

Think of crysis 1. You hold up your gun and choose what modification you want to have. It would be awesome if we have this "hold gun in front of Eyes modification, and the interaction points from ToH on the specific points on the gun. :eek:

EDIT: I edited PurePassions Pic to show what we mean

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/arma2oa201110212316fznh.png/

Edited by Tonci87

I guess this can be converted to every action now available in the action menu. Open/Close door, Get xx in as yy, etc. But it wouldn't be as quick and easy though, still I'd rather see "contextual real world like interactions" than a GUI.

Funny thing is that I'm trying to come up with a natural way of ordering units around and thought of this, but didn't think that this WOULD solve the action menu, nice find PP.

As long as I don't have to actually sound like the AI do now to have a command working, yeah great! Saying the correct command and the fail factor of miss pronouncing makes it harder than necessary to replace keyboard actions in a proper way.

The second 'they' master human like conversations with software like this than I'll believe it's part of the future. Again removing GUI as much as possible. OR how designers LOVE to call the new Siri feature on that smartphone "transparant design".

This fits in the same solution as your previous one: changing GUI into it's real life counterpart; interacting with environment, calling out commands. Both could be improved with a closer resemblance to how we are used to dealing with the same actions in real life.

Any software would benefit from this design philosophy, and I hope BIS looks into that.