Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Being from Limnos, i'd like to say that i'm really looking forward to the game. I'm very impressed with what i've seen in the videos.

Hopefully the game will be as good as it promises.

Nice to know that there are potential Arma fans on Limnos. Maybe you could tell us if people tend to support the major or if they have a different opinion.

Nice to know that there are potential Arma fans on Limnos. Maybe you could tell us if people tend to support the major or if they have a different opinion.

Actually i read last day that people on Limor are against the fact that ther island is in a wargame and are protesting against it.

Actually i read last day that people on Limor are against the fact that ther island is in a wargame and are protesting against it.

Well I have read that as well, but that came from the mayor. I would like to know if if the people think the same way. Mayor not equal to people

People probs be playing it....

I suggest you are more respectful to people that actually inhabit the lands that you will be waging virtual war on. There are valid reasons to object a full and very detailed recreation of someone's homeland, especially when it is considered an important military stronghold in the area. I have mentioned that before in the forums and did ask people I know whose opinions on these matters have weight and their reaction was of varied degrees of concern.

You may not have knowledge of the local affairs and cannot understand the sensitivity of the matter, as to you, up there from your mighty castle, they are just "silly people from a small island" that should be grateful for the digital tribute, but that attitude only betrays your ignorance and childish arrogance and your words don't do you any favors.

Many Greeks may well welcome the digital reaction of Lemnos with excitement, as I have, but do not ignore the opposing voices if you don't understand the reasons.

Well what could Turkey or any other country learn from BIS islands? Is BIS revealing any OPSEC/classified data or just making a game with more or less accurate data that everyone can get? How many other programms/tools one could use to make a "very detailed recreation of someone's homeland with an important military stronghold" ?

Sorry but some people in Greece are just overreacting and trying to distract themselves + others from more important problems.

Sorry but some people in Greece are just overreacting and trying to distract themselves + others from more important problems.

That may be so but all are entitled to their opinion, whether is perceived as being wrong or not by others. You may well see it as an overreaction and could well be used to cover other more important affairs, as I have mentioned myself before, but discussing it in a civil and respectful manner was the point of my heated request.

I did touch upon the subject on a dead thread dedicated to the island and tried to present a balanced viewpoint, but I did not want to take it in further as I don't expect a discussion to remain respectful and mature for long.

Like I said, one may object to the objections, but I object to the way those are voiced. Its a game forum and all here want the game to come out so they can play it, I don't expect anyone to agree with the concerns of the Lemnos inhabitants.

I only request a certain level of respect and civility to other human beings, even though such request could well be at vain.

lol get a grip mate, why should anyone be 'more respectful' of the people of limor. we are all keen for arma 3 and they have the potential to delay the game if they get their way. as the above post said there are many other ways to gain intel on the land if someone really wanted to do some damage.

who are you to come on a forum and start 'suggesting' your views on others who you dont know, thinking what u say will make a difference, calling them ignorant and childish. go crawl out of the hole u came from and get your mum to make some hot milk before u go to bed.

lol get a grip mate, why should anyone be 'more respectful' of the people of limor. we are all keen for arma 3 and they have the potential to delay the game if they get their way. as the above post said there are many other ways to gain intel on the land if someone really wanted to do some damage.

who are you to come on a forum and start 'suggesting' your views on others who you dont know, thinking what u say will make a difference, calling them ignorant and childish. go crawl out of the hole u came from and get your mum to make some hot milk before u go to bed.

Thank you for being so prompt in verifying my worries.

Also, thank you for this most amusing post.

I did actually laugh out loud, "mate".

No, you're a stupid head! :rolleyes:

How's about we take this discussion to the appropriate thread in offtopic, or just can it completely. This thread isn't the place for it.

@Arigram, no one here is "disrespecting the people of Lemnos". There may be the occasional joke, as is to be expected on the internet, but if you're reading anything too serious into the comments made here, perhaps you should take a breather, step back and ask yourself why that is. It's easy to feel offended when you percieve people to be having fun at your contrymen's expense, I get that too, but talking down to people and "admonishing" them like children (as you have been doing here) isn't helping.

I don't think too many people are with the mayor on this one. I think he overreacted a bit. Most people i know are looking forward to play the game.

In my opinion the mayor should have welcomed the opportunity and invited Bohemia over for a presentation of the game or something.

As for those who believe that Turkey will now find out all our military secrets and invade or something like that... :facepalm:

Edited: By the way, there are no protests on the island or anything like that. Don't know where this came from.

Edited by giorgos

Don't know where this came from.

Eleftherotypia

The Saturday and Sunday editions of Eleftherotypia, usually feature articles by a group of journalists, who collectively use the name the "Ios" (Greek "Ιος" meaning "virus"). The Ios are known for targeting and heavily criticizing the Greek far right, the church, the army, the police and United States foreign policy.

These indications might speak for an actual critic towards the game but nonetheless,

if you hate a game and dont want it to be published, you dont post links to its website and name the prices it has already won, do you? ^^ ;)

@purepassion

I really don't see what "Ios" have to do with the game. Furthermore, they've stopped writing articles for the newspaper for the past year or something. The newspaper did not criticize the game or "hated" it. The link you posted is translated from greek to english so badly that it was probably done with google translate.

Secondly, the only quotes in the article came from the mayor and a member of the town council. And in my opinion, their views on the matter do not represent what everybody else thinks.

I think that BIS and the Limnos tourist agencies should cooperate to advertise Limnos a little bit, it seem to be a really beautifull Island, and I´m sure that many Arma players will consider going on vacation there just to see the Island IRL. It seems that only the mayor and his party don´t want their Island recreated in a game. I think they miss a great opportunity

it seem to be a really beautifull Island

The perfect setting to simulate violent conflict. :)

plzzzzzzzzzzz make a system like

addon-sync (witch can full automatically downloads addons)

There is a wish list thread. This is not it.

And the MP-addon issue is already on the devs radar, AFAIK.

I still think the Arab world has pounced on Israel, won, and helped themselves to their weapons and factories. Israel siding with other Arab nations, especially Iran, feels like too much of a stretch.

>Arab

>Iran

Try again.