Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Pre ordering a game has nothing to do with alphas being leaked. Quit being a doomsayer.

My concern ...

NVIDIA PhysX is a wrong way for Bohemia and Arma. Better option is Bullet, opensource and uncommitted with hardware gpu vendor(IHV)....

Edited by D3lta

My concern ...

NVIDIA PhysX is a wrong way for Bohemia and Arma. Better option is Bullet, opensource and uncommitted with hardware gpu vendor(IHV)....

better option to whom? they know what they want, also they dont want hw accelerated physics so it doesnt matter much

better option to whom? they know what they want, also they dont want hw accelerated physics so it doesnt matter much

The problem is that NVIDIA PhysX is a proprietary model, unknown future, no access to core source-code and restricted licences agreements. Gamer developers doesn't like a proprietary model on physics engines.

Is SPH a option? No?!! I'm sad with this....:(

Best Regards

well, physx has been around for years.

if SPH means Smoothed-particle hydrodynamics then LOL, why on earth would you want that. If game developers wouldnt want they wouldnt use it.

well, physx has been around for years.

if SPH means Smoothed-particle hydrodynamics then LOL, why on earth would you want that. If game developers wouldnt want they wouldnt use it.

Yes, SPH means Smoothed-particle hydrodynamics... ;) Better Smoke effects, Explosions, water effects, etc,etc,etc..

Best Regards...

It would be nice if there were an admin channel... a channel only admins can use, but everyone should be able to see what is written. E.g to give warnings, accouncements etc.

Wondering if the new chat system is related to the new radio channel system in TAKOH.

Related to the what now?

Related to the poster above me. TAKOH currently only have it for actual radio commands, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it expand into chat commands.

List updated:

Improved MP chat system added to the extended features list.

EDIT

Also added the fact that guerillas will use old greek wepons as a feature in order to make some people happy.

:D

Edited by Maio

Will the ballistic vests themselves offer different levels of protection?

For a modern infantry sim I have heard absolutely nothing about body armour, which is strange because pretty much EVERYONE uses it...

In Features list:

-The MP chat system will be improved.

LoL his try still my idea ACM addon :)? LOL Or what is this?

In Features list:

-The MP chat system will be improved.

LoL his try still my idea ACM addon :)? LOL Or what is this?

Talk to Dwarden, I'm sure he can clear it out for you.

Explain please... I rly don't wanna put together a new rig so will a 775 quad core get the job done?

Truth is, you're asking a question no one can really answer right now. I can assume, that with a 775 socket quad core, you can "run" the game. There's no actual idea on whether it'll be a smoothe experience, but ideally one would hope so. Understand that things like physics and probably some other features are being thrown into the game, and no one is entirely sure on the impact it'll have on one's CPU other than it'll probably be a more enjoyable experience on newer hardware.

Really, the game is a year away from release, and by next spring building a new rig probably won't be such a bad sounding idea.

Being from Limnos, i'd like to say that i'm really looking forward to the game. I'm very impressed with what i've seen in the videos.

Hopefully the game will be as good as it promises.