Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Fact: The first battle of the war took place in Brno.

Unconfirmed are rumors that a small force of resistance fighters have caused fatal losses on the OPFOR side. Whitnesses said they were using beer hats instead of combat helmets and dual-wielding 50. cals.

One brave man was able to take a photograph of the gallant leader of these admirable gentleman. It is unkown what happened to the courageous group afterwards but they stayed infamous personalities throughout all further events of the war.

But I want it soo bad :butbut:

:p

Same here, but I'd rather wait for an actual announcement before I get excited. ;)

Ha! PIC LINK

Are the Iranians really using Israeli IMI Tavor TAR-21s? I KNOW im not the only one who noticed this, right?

There isn't a "Alternate Reality" where the Israelis would collaborate with the Iranians!

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Ha! PIC LINK

Are the Iranians really using Israeli IMI Tavor TAR-21s? I KNOW im not the only one who noticed this, right?

There isn't a "Alternate Reality" where the Israelis would collaborate with the Iranians!

There are many explanations that iranians use israeli weapons. The war have raged on for several years and in ww2 many used the enemies weapons because they were simply better, can be the same here.

But I think we shouldnt speculate until BIS comes up with a explanation/ history about it.

BIS dev said "Iran army stole plans of the Israeli Weapons and vehicles" - so they created exact same stuff

Quickly Israeli Lawyers... get them!

Why not?

Iran is a nationalist state in the 2020s, not a theocracy. Israel has no problem cooperating with Saudi Arabia and had no problem cooperating with South Africa. If Europe were too weak to serve as a reliable ally, Israel would look elsewhere.

Of course, I rather expect the Iranians to be evil and NATO and Israel to be unambiguously good in the game.

I still think the Arab world has pounced on Israel, won, and helped themselves to their weapons and factories. Israel siding with other Arab nations, especially Iran, feels like too much of a stretch.

Edited by Daniel

I still think the Arab world has pounced on Israel, won, and helped themselves to their weapons and factories. Israel siding with other Arab nations, especially Iran, feels like too much of a stretch.

Unless some asswad performed a coup d'etat, became a dictator and allied with Iran, effectively turning Israel into a puppet state. It's still a stretch, but definitely possible :yay:

I don't believe it's what happened in the game, but it's not at all a stretch.

I don't believe Israel had any particular problems with non-Arab Iran before the revolution. And if you notice, Israel had longstanding alliances with Egypt and Turkey until recently. And still in bed with Saudi Arabia.

It's only a stretch if you buy the whole silly narrative of a billion crazed Muslims whose every waking minute has been spent trying to kill all Jews, for a thousand years. Or the narrative of an insecure Israel, when its strategic position and security have been better than many, many states for generations.

I dont think they would ally themselves, look at Iran now, they even REFUSE to recognice Israel as a state and all connections between the countries are severed.

The most plausible thing would probably if Iran led a surprise attack against israel. (but in a earlier post the reason they use israeli things is already explanated)

I dont think they would ally themselves, look at Iran now, they even REFUSE to recognice Israel as a state and all connections between the countries are severed.

Compare American-German relations in 1945 to 1960, please.

Compare American-German relations in 1945 to 1960, please.

germany was occupied by the allied forces and the soviet union became the enemy of united states.

With the rise of a new more powerfull common enemy you put former enemies as allies(not always, sometimes it can turn even worse), look at france and England, they hated eachover for hundreds of years but they still worked together during ww1..

But that doesnt work because Iran is the enemy and if anything Israel would ally itself with the west.

Edited by paecmaker

Isn't this the thread for confirmed features and not the OMG, furture setting thread...!!

Since we got no new info for a week now...

the nerve on BIS :mad: !!!

, why don't you ArmA 3 lovers join the ArmA 3 fan group here on the forums ;)

You can find the link in my signiture or click HERE.

I guess the presentable potential of A3 has been depleted for now. They still have a lots of stuff to implement to even show it on screenshots.

OK... thought I'd liven up the thread a bit.

We were informed that VTOL jets (plural) will be available to us.

We saw the F 35 so we can assume it will be the B variant ( ignore the fact that it's operated by the USAF)

What will OPFOR operate? My bet is on a upgraded YAK-141.

Edited by Maio

OK... thought I'd liven up the thread a bit.

We were informed that VTOL jets (plural) will be available to us.

We saw the F 35 so we can assume it will be the B variant ( ignore the fact that it's operated by the USAF)

What will OPFOR operate? My bet is on a upgraded YAK-141.

They could also use the YAK-38.

But I don't think BIS is going to limit themselves to just VTOL planes. It would be kind of pointless to have them if there's a MASSIVE runway. I think both sides should have traditional fixed wing so that one side can "Own" the air field and it having some usefulness, like having C-130s or A-10Cs (Please BIS) or Eastern equivalents.

I want this game. You guys should let us pre-order so you can make money now, like they did with minecraft etc.

Yes so an alpha version can get leaked and people will play that and due to lack of intelligence not understand that it is NOT the final product, therefore casting negative reviews and what have you against it, causing a massive drop in sales.

There is a large gap between this and minecraft and the defects such a thing could allow.

Edited by NodUnit