Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Ok so im one of many who will buy a new computer just for this game, but i want to be sure that it'll run atleast on medium (normal) with 30+fps. What do u guys think about these components:

Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.2Ghz

MSI X58A-GD65, Socket-1366

Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX

Corsair SSD Force 60GB SATA2, 2,5", 285MB/275MB/s

Would be gr8 if u devs (bis) could tell what u used when taking those screens :)

thx

Please note the following forum rule:

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

However, I only gave you one warning for your cross-posting. Please take the time to post in proper English for the benefit of the non-native English speakers here. :)

I'd imagine you should be able to run it fine, but it's way too early to tell. The minimum requirements are readily available and are revealed after the use of some searching:

• Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
  • DVD: Dual Layer compatible
  • Hard disk: 15 GB free space
  • Other: DirectX® 10

Edited by Zipper5

If I missed anything please let me know.

Add to factions OPFOR Greek militia (I think it's them on new screen with angry guy)

Add to factions OPFOR Greek militia (I think it's them on new screen with angry guy)

Although Ivan said that the Greek militia is allied with OPFOR, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are OPFOR. They could just be independent and "set friendly to OPFOR " . :p

Question: They say we can change the weapons attachments on the fly, something we can do now with add\removeweapon, like the ASC (?) mod. This new feature means that now we will have a weapon model and will be able to truly attach something else in the weapons?

Dunno if I was clear enough....

There is nothing Greek about them.

There is nothing Greek about them.

..cause they have sympathy for Iran, obviously. :rolleyes:

..cause they have sympathy for Iran, obviously. :rolleyes:

Presently, Greeks have no animosity towards the Iranian people but they would oppose any invader from the East or the West.

Greeks collaborating with the invaders wouldn't make sense unless they are individuals desperate for survival or groups with their own ideological agendas and as History has shown over and over again, the vast majority of the population, regardless of personal politics, wouldn't tolerate violent foreign presence. Its not just "lefties" who have been opposed to NATO presence or the recent economic foreign take over.

In any case, this is not the place for such discussion and others, like myself, watch new posts for relevant new information regarding Arma 3, not pointless inter-personal arguments.

Presently, Greeks have no animosity towards the Iranian people but they would oppose any invader from the East or the West.

Greeks collaborating with the invaders wouldn't make sense unless they are individuals desperate for survival or groups with their own ideological agendas and as History has shown over and over again, the vast majority of the population, regardless of personal politics, wouldn't tolerate violent foreign presence. Its not just "lefties" who have been opposed to NATO presence or the recent economic foreign take over.

In any case, this is not the place for such discussion and others, like myself, watch new posts for relevant new information regarding Arma 3, not pointless inter-personal arguments.

Well I only say that because Ivan said in interview that there will be pro-Iranian militia and independent guerrillas among other factions. Don't get me wrong, I myself don't think that native Greeks would help the invaders. But it's not impossible that there are certain groups that share ideology, especially since it is all fiction.

That's all.

Regardless of storytelling, these people depicted do not LOOK Greek, not the uncovered fellah in the center and not the Middle Eastern dressed dudes around him. You might find a reason to justify their appearance coming up with a scenario, but for a game, not to be overly visually complicated, the "factions" should dress their part.

They are Arab or Iranian paramilitaries more likely.

I want greek militia to wear shorts

and T-shirts

And be armed with water pistols?

and have tits?

OK, I listened to the NR interview again and added some things I missed to the list :

The player will receive different levels of protection based on the headgear he is wearing. Bandanas will make you look cool, but they wont stop a bullet ... wear a kevlar helmet for extra protection :D.

Tactical vests will have different carrying capacities.

Added Greek militia's to OPFOR, don't confuse these with Greek guerillas which are on the independent side .

ALSO

All information newer then a week will be blue. Once a week passes it will be black again.

Aren't the guys in the pic NATO Spec Ops? They look awfully familiar to the KSK Riflemen from OA.

(Why do we have Independent guerrillas and OPFOR Militia again?, lol)

The player will receive different levels of protection based on the headgear he is wearing

Does this mean only headgear will offer extra protection. Will vests and clothing offer different levels of protection as well?

Likely yes, Ivan was just talking about the headgear at the time. I see no reason why it wouldn't be modeled into the vests or any other appropriate body armor.

Im curios about the video interviews on this site

http://doupe.zive.cz/doupecz/arma-3--invaze-do-recka--preview--videa/sr-1-sc-108-a-141566, can anyone translate them?

Here is the translation of the first video, I translated it by myself, so it isn't the best.

Ivan: Now we are getting into really first playable presentation, but take it like ....tech demo a little bit.
Ivan: Now I'll take colimator instead of long range optic.
Reporter: Is there some time limit or I can be there for night. (He thought, how long he can be in mission)
Ivan: So, There are some time limits, because in standart we are making some limits, in order to player run away.
Ivan: On the other side, we are very benevolent in this.
Ivan: So, before someone will start complain on AI, we made this AIs stupid, to show here, how does the ragdoll work in our game.
Ivan. Nothing is perfectly debugged, so that's mean...ughh........Ivan interrupted >:(
Reporter: And the level of destruction ability?
Reporter: Is there some?
Reporter: Can I cut trees again?
Ivan: It is.
Ivan: This will be same.
Ivan: We are experimenting at this time, about ratio - HW performance vs. game possibilities.
Ivan: we would like to have better interaction with environment and destruction.
Ivan: So cut down the tree how it should.
Reporter: What about material penetration?
Ivan: Material penetration is there.
Ivan: I can't promise you I'll be able to show you that now and right here.
Ivan: But material penetration works already from OA, so that means various calibers, various materials, vehicles have parts which can be destroyed easier.
Ivan: I'll show you video, like we were capturing one very interesting hungarian weapon, heavy sniper rifle, which will destroy vehicle engine......Interrupted again >:(
Ivan: Ahh...He was stuck on lightning conductor.
Reporter: What about vehicle windows?
Reporter: It important thing to me a bit.
Reporter: Because I shot a driver in a car, but windows were still OK.
Another dev?: So we are still in development, windows are still WIP then.
Ivan: But..but we would like to have individual window destruction to have that particular destruction most believable.

Edited by resistance-rat

Here is the translation of the first video, I translated it by myself, so it isn't the best.

Ivan: Now we are getting into really first playable presentation, but take it like ....tech demo a little bit.
Ivan: Now I'll take colimator instead of long range optic.
Reporter: Is there some time limit or I can be there for night. (He thought, how long he can be in mission)
Ivan: So, There are some time limits, because in standart we are making some limits, in order to player run away.
Ivan: On the other side, we are very benevolent in this.
Ivan: So, before someone will start complain on AI, we made this AIs stupid, to show here, how does the ragdoll work in our game.
Ivan. Nothing is perfectly debugged, so that's mean...ughh........Ivan interrupted >:(
Reporter: And the level of destruction ability?
Reporter: Is there some?
Reporter: Can I cut trees again?
Ivan: It is.
Ivan: This will be same.
Ivan: We are experimenting at this time, about ratio - HW performance vs. game possibilities.
Ivan: we would like to have better interaction with environment and destruction.
Ivan: So cut down the tree how it should.
Reporter: What about material penetration?
Ivan: Material penetration is there.
Ivan: I can't promise you I'll be able to show you that now and right here.
Ivan: But material penetration works already from OA, so that means various calibers, various materials, vehicles have parts which can be destroyed easier.
Ivan: I'll show you video, like we were capturing one very interesting hungarian weapon, heavy sniper rifle, which will destroy vehicle engine......Interupted again >:(
Ivan: Ahh...He was stuck on lightning conductor.
Reporter: What about vehicle windows?
Reporter: It important thing to me a bit.
Reporter: Because I shot a driver in a car, but windows were still OK.
Another dev?: So we are still in development, windows are still WIP then.
Ivan: But..but we would like to have individual window destruction to have that particular destruction most believable.

OMG Thanks so much for that!!!!:D You are a beast!!!!!:bounce3:

Does all tanks have railguns or is it just a few?

This strongly depends on mission makers. Consider tank with rail-gun somewhat like SCUD is in A2/OA - you may place thousands of them in editor, but skilled mission maker uses them rarely. It should have some Wow-effect around most of time :icon_twisted:

How big is the difference between a normal tank gun and a railgun in Arma3?

Does the railgun just make more damage?

This strongly depends on mission makers. Consider tank with rail-gun somewhat like SCUD is in A2/OA - you may place thousands of them in editor, but skilled mission maker uses them rarely. It should have some Wow-effect around most of time :icon_twisted:

So will we have T-95s that don't have railguns, plus a railgun variant?

Depending on rail guns power it could be a tank-instagib gun, but it could take longer to reload, something like a tank destroyer weapon.

GAME REQUIREMENTS - (Note that this may change ) - OS - Windows 7 / Vista

I hope that does change. No XP no sale.