Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I wish to point out again , that this is a fictional conflict on a fictional island ( even thought it's based on a real island ) between NATO and a fictional OPFOR alliance that takes place in the future .

I would also like to point out again , that weapon systems ( guns/vehicles) are usually produced by private companies .

For example : As long as there is no technology trade restriction FN Herstal ( Belgium or US ) can sell all the FN 2000's they want to the US/UK/Germany/Taiwan/France/Romania and beyond . Same goes for any other company from country Y that produces weapon system Z .

Complaining that NATO Europe is using a wide selection of mostly European and regional weapons in the future is just silly .

There are plenty of threads already dealing with not liking the futuristic setting, like this one, please use them instead of this thread.

guys it's the ARMAVERSE not REAL LIFE

Armaverse == World of OFP and ArmA's conflicts n' stuff

Real Life == goto "Real Life"

Hi all

Nice to see the three D editor is confirmed.

Kind Regards walker

the game's gonna rock! looks cool so far.

btw, rah-66 commanche is canceled.....why is it in-game? i'm surprised the devs implemented a non existing weapon system into this pure mil-sim.

the game's gonna rock! looks cool so far.

btw, rah-66 commanche is canceled.....why is it in-game? i'm surprised the devs implemented a non existing weapon system into this pure mil-sim.

2 operational RAH 66 were made so technically they do exist .

Also Arma is not a pure mil sim :) , VBS is .

2 operational RAH 66 were made so technically they do exist .

ah great, then i guess that only 2 will be available in game:D

why is it in-game? i'm surprised the devs implemented a non existing weapon system into this pure mil-sim.

To piss you off......

ah great, then i guess that only 2 will be available in game:D

what a narrow minded view on a video game...where is the imagination these days i wonder?

what a narrow minded view on a video game...where is the imagination these days i wonder?

Locked away in a dark Activision basement :p.

OT:

Updated the list with the ingame names of the Merkava , Namer and the M-ATV.

even more new gameplay here

i sadly dont understand it, but maybe sb can so and find new stuff to be added to the list

i sadly dont understand it, but maybe sb can so and find new stuff to be added to the list

Seems ragdoll doesn't solve problem with guys on the roof...:D

Don't worry, It was almost the same, what Ivan said at E3. But he said, there are working on new features in regard to HW requirements and that they are working on physics improvments, like energy absorption in collisions. And there was sadly confirmed that submarine won't be enterable.

Edited by resistance-rat

wow great to hear that!

and regarding the sub, well a base modell is completely good enough for the community to expand on! :P

And i could finally read that the sand bags are made from HBAR :)

Seems ragdoll doesn't solve problem with guys on the roof...:D

Phew, you scared me but after watching it - at least he is now hanging by a toe (albeit quite literally) rather then extended out into freespace by it.

BTW, I can't confirme that, but we will maybe....MAYBE...get some vehicle deformation, because Ivan said "I can of course crash the car, but without any sign of modification on it at this time."

But I don't exatly know, how it was meant.........so maybe

Does anyone know if there going to be a snow slider added to the weather effects? Are will this have to be an addon?

I will keep an eye on this one at gamescom cologne!

You have to get a business pass or you'll not be able to see Arma 3 (if I'm not mistaken).

I hop that we will soon see a video that shows some combat divers diving to the beach.

I think so too, since 4.1 is in the business area but i might even be able to get one! :)

I think so too, since 4.1 is in the business area but i might even be able to get one! :)

Lucky man :)