Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

If you look closely that name appears also during vehicle & PhysX part. Only vehicles there were M-ATV and Namer APC.

EDIT: Ok, I got it - M2A1 Slammer is a Merkava.

Edited by Max255[PL]

PCgames.de writes about cached AI:

http://www.pcgames.de/Arma-3-PC-236876/News/E3-2011-Arma-3-angeschaut-Mega-Projekt-mit-neuer-KI-Physik-Insel-und-einer-eigenen-Unterwasserwelt-828940/

"The AI will go into Standby mode and reactivate, when the player moves closer. This should solve Problems with the AI doing things which damage the game mechanics"

there was also Panther and Hunter RCWS - probably this RCWS http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8094/rcws30p30901549f61e1zf6.jpg

Actually no, I watched the presentation again and it seems the M-ATV is called Hunter. So Hunter RCWS will be M-ATV with weapon station :)

And the Patria is just called AMV ;)

Edited by Max255[PL]

;1951674']Actually no' date=' I watched the presentation again and it seems the M-ATV is called Hunter. So Hunter RCWS will be M-ATV with weapon station :)[/quote']

Hmm - RCWS system is big for M-ATV , i bet it is somekind APC with RCWS ;)

Well, RCWS in not one specific system (like the Rafael RCWS-30 you showed). Basically every remotely controlled gun is an RCWS (Remotly Controlled Weapon Station).

Updated . If I missed something give me a heads up .

Edited by Maio

M2A1 is a WWII howitzer... 105mm?

Something like this... but why slammer?

M2a1 is a Bradley IFV. Slammer might be a callsign.

Edited by Max Power

Don't be ridiculous. Logic like that dried up here a long time ago. It's clearly a goddamn hover tank.

I dont think that's a Bradley , mean in ArmA 3

for example

in arma 3 the FS2000 is called Mk20 ,but in our reality it is this Mk20 , Mk20 mod0

Edited by RobertHammer

edit: I was replying to someone asking if M2 was a ww2 era howitzer, and what slammer meant. Someone edited his post :p

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-walkthrough-cam/716033

@3:30-3:32 - Lord Buchta looking at "Merkava" called Slammer M2A1...

Clear enough? If not there's a second time in a part with Comanche...

Hmm - RCWS system is big for M-ATV , i bet it is somekind APC with RCWS ;)

The RHIB's front cannon apeared to be some sort of RCWS and it was pretty small, the operator could have been the guy sat behind the RHIB's driver.

Bear in mind an Apache's cannon is a form of RCWS.

The RHIB's front cannon apeared to be some sort of RCWS and it was pretty small, the operator could have been the guy sat behind the RHIB's driver.

I guess the big, pretty screen we saw on RHIB pictures might be related xD

I dont think that's a Bradley , mean in ArmA 3

for example

in arma 3 the FS2000 is called Mk20 ,but in our reality it is this Mk20 , Mk20 mod0

Thanks for the links, from there i found info of the XM2010 ESR it would be super if it also was included..

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/usa/xm2010-esr-e.html

.300 WinMag with the XM2010 would be nice to see ballistically modelled.

And if we keep going - since so far US forces seems to be all SF - Remington MSR, newest version of ESR chambered in .338LM - most likely to win competition for new sniper rifle for SOCOM ;]

;1951829']And if we keep going - since so far US forces seems to be all SF - Remington MSR' date=' newest version of ESR chambered in .338LM - most likely to win competition for new sniper rifle for SOCOM ;']

btw Remington MSR and XM2010 - aren't almost same?

Remington MSR

XM2010

EDIT

lol my bad - they are from same company :D

and MSR is basicly newer version of Xm2010

Edited by RobertHammer

Almost... MSR have some slight changes compared to XM and has changable calibers, with .338LM being primary and .300WM and 7.62x51 possible.

I know changing the optics in a rail interface system is really easy and all, but in the video (maybe for demonstrating purposes) he do it too fast (like 1-1,5 seconds). This is probably an unpolished, still being tweaked feature. Just pointing.

On some of the trailers (esp german one) you can clearly see 'MK20' when he's putting on optics and changing them in the scroll menu. And you can cleary see 'Reload 45 Round 6.5x39mm' which is the 6.5 Grendel round with great wound profiles. Certainly would be used in an urban environment in a future war.

This trailer.

Inform me if I'm wrong.