Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

RTT is confirmed

3d editor is confirmed

Astute class sub is static

get a move on maionese - don't sleep on it - nu trage chiulul!

Done .

Operative;1949830']How about changing Stoner LMG to KAC LMG or Stoner 96? Stoner LMG may be misleading and actually point toward the ArmaLite Stoner 63 (Vietnam-era)

Done.

I think the teaser pretty much confirmed the T95 in the end of it.

another confirmed feature would be in-game weapon customization

Already on the list ;)

Some stuff i picked up from the live stream:

- 50 villages scattered all over the island

- map is 900km2

- "you will be able to throw your self"

Should mention that even though the map in total is 900km2, the actual landmass of the island is probably closer to 350km2 (forget the actual number when doing the math of 2.4 times bigger than Takistan)

- "you will be able to throw your self"...

Say what? I think you´re refering to the "drown yourself" part?

Thats atleast what I´ve heardt... :rolleyes:

how about confirmed eye candy features like the clouds, emptying rocket pods when fired... that stuff is cool to

I think the teaser pretty much confirmed the T95 in the end of it.

Where?

All I saw was the Merkava 4M.

Yeah there's no actual confirmation of a T95, other than the 60% match on the optic the soldier was using to target the tank for the Comanches. And still that tank looked like a Merkava

While it is merkava 4 visually the cannon is diffrent (Looks and feels like a rail gun) maybe its another hybrid? and of course i reffer to the match in the optics.

Hopefully tomorrow or following E3, we'll soon starting having a more complete list of vehicles and weapons ala Arma2's pre launch strategy of updating the main website with a page of weapons and vehicles every week.

Oh man so much fail today, so much posting in wrong topics.

Edited by NodUnit

Hopefully tomorrow or following E3, we'll soon starting having a more complete list of vehicles and weapons ala Arma2's pre launch strategy of updating the main website with a page of weapons and vehicles every week.

hehe... how many weapons and troops do you expect if you like to see a presentation every week?

52 weeks until release means... according to the ArmA2 revealing strategy... 52 factions in Arma3?

Currently NATO has 28 members, we can reveal every two weeks a NATO country and another week an OPFOR faction?

:eek:

But, really, a growing storyline until the scheduled release would be fine. Tell us something about the political situation, the protagonists of the campaign, the military aspects, maybe about agriculture on mediterranean island (military use of greek sheeps in history...) an military technology.

But don't tell us the whole story of the campaign, let us discover the details while playing.

Otherwise I would like to emphasize to the game until its announcement.

btw: screens look very amazing!

And perhaps some progress screens as things go, this is one of things I loved about Arma1 was watching as the engines aspects changed over time.

hehe... how many weapons and troops do you expect if you like to see a presentation every week?

52 weeks until release means... according to the ArmA2 revealing strategy... 52 factions in Arma3?

Currently NATO has 28 members, we can reveal every two weeks a NATO country and another week an OPFOR faction?

:eek:

But, really, a growing storyline until the scheduled release would be fine. Tell us something about the political situation, the protagonists of the campaign, the military aspects, maybe about agriculture on mediterranean island (military use of greek sheeps in history...) an military technology.

But don't tell us the whole story of the campaign, let us discover the details while playing.

Otherwise I would like to emphasize to the game until its announcement.

btw: screens look very amazing!

I didn't mean completely between now and then lol, and with ArmA2 they managed to stretch it out quite a bit via vehicle and weapon categories (submachine guns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, fixed wing aircraft, rotory wing, tracked vehicles, wheeled vehicles, you get the idea)

hm, I think the storyline could be pointed out more detailed. The upcoming conflict is much bigger than the local incident in Chernarus and Takistan was.

There is the chance to build an upgrowing storyline so that the player will start at the end of the prologue into the campaign.

This prologue could introduce in a lot of details, e.g. military development, personal situation of Cpt. Miller and his comrades, the people on that greek island and so far.

Means first part of the story will be told until release, second part is "action during the campaign" and third part is fantasy of the fans and maybe addon- and missionmakers to continue the story after the ending of the official campaign.

BIS guys created some huge expectations especially to the storyline. Please hold it up!

You mean like they did with William Porter?

You will also be pleased to know that this time around the sea looks/behaves like a real sea, with realistic waves and boats with physx!

Also for underwater gameplay check the Gamespot Live Cam from 2:30:00, including fly over island, vehicle physx test, water physx,..

EDIT: I can already imagine a MP mission where 1 team starts underwater and the other team has to defend a coastal village but you don't know exactly where the enemies will pop there heads. This game gonna rock :)

Edited by Krowkie

You will also be pleased to know that this time around the sea looks/behaves like a real sea, with realistic waves and boats with physx!

Also for underwater gameplay check the Gamespot Live Cam from 2:30:00, including fly over island, vehicle physx test, water physx,..

EDIT: I can already imagine a MP mission where 1 team starts underwater and the other team has to defend a coastal village but you don't know exactly where the enemies will pop there heads. This game gonna rock :)

Already on the list . Check "underwater ops" under the extended list .

Also added the promise that we will get improved action menus .

Thanks for this, arma 2 is my GOTY.

Absolutely love it and the xpacs.

Best community I have ever played with and the mods are unbelievable also the creators are always on the forums.

I will be buying this day 1 for sure.