Sign in to follow this  
andreas1183

submarine, walk in cargo, ships?

Hi, i don't knew if there is already a tread about this but it will be nice if there was submarines, and if you can walk in cargo on maybe a C-130 it will be cool if you and you friends maybe playing warfare and you and you team are in a C-130 and select underwater load outs and that and halo jumps and now trying to dive to the submarine and have maybe some chainsaws or something to come in the submarine, now when you and you mates are in it we need to find the players who control it and kill them, in the submarine. (ok i just dropped that idea.)

it was just a idea :).

sorry for my bad English :D

:yay:

this idea is a bad idea.

Edited by andreas1183

Go back to call of duty, that is not how the military works. They find a submarine, they bomb it.

I lol'd at chainsaws.

Submarine hulls are designed to withstand extreme pressure at depth. The only way you're getting onboard a submarine, without flooding the place, is if they let you in. They're too cramped to fight on anyway, even tighter than the films in most cases. Ships would be a better choice, depends how improved the AI end up in terms of close quarter fighting.

I lol'd at chainsaws.

Submarine hulls are designed to withstand extreme pressure at depth. The only way you're getting onboard a submarine, without flooding the place, is if they let you in. They're too cramped to fight on anyway, even tighter than the films in most cases. Ships would be a better choice, depends how improved the AI end up in terms of close quarter fighting.

Exactly.

Go back to call of duty, that is not how the military works. They find a submarine, they bomb it.

i hate call of duty!

but what if you can walk in the submarine? when you will control it you need to get in it. it will be nice. so if you want to destroy it you just bomb it. but when it is on you team you first need to go in it to drive it?

and also walk in AC-130 cargo will be really nice!

+1 - Submarines

+100000000 - WALK IN CARGO ...... Please BIS

+1 - Ships :)

iirc i thought walk in cargo, specifically (moving) ships was an engine limitation. however if the engine overhaul is as large as it seems it'd be a great addition.

Without straying too far off topic, there are videos of walking around moving helicopters on VBS2. So it is feasible that BIS would add this to Arma 3. Though you can't walk around moving ships in VBS2.

now trying to dive to the submarine and have maybe some chainsaws or something to come in the submarine, now when you and you mates are in it we need to find the players who control it and kill them, in the submarine.

1. What sort of world do you live in?

2. Can I come and live in it too?

I do think ArmA 3 would benefit by having the ability to jump out of planes onto submarines while wielding akimbo chainsaws.

Gnat;1933873']+1 - Submarines

+99999999999999 chainsaw wielding HALO jumpers.

:yay:

Gnat;1933873']+1 - Submarines

Thats the smartest thing we heard today

I have yet to play a game were "walk in cargo" works properly online, its impossible to sync the clients perfectly even when the vehicle is slow (ex: GTA IV tug boat).

In the case of a submarine or C130 maybe BIS could come up with a more gracefull solution using animations but thats probably as good as it 'could' get, imo.

The obvious one would be to teleport the player as he enters the airlock to a static submarine elsewhere in the game world.

But to be honest, you'd struggle to move around an accurate submarine interior in Doom, nevermind the RV engine. It'd be a wasted effort. It'd be good for cut-scenes only, think AAN news room.

Edited by Daniel

I have yet to play a game were "walk in cargo" works properly online, its impossible to sync the clients perfectly even when the vehicle is slow (ex: GTA IV tug boat).

In the case of a submarine or C130 maybe BIS could come up with a more gracefull solution using animations but thats probably as good as it 'could' get, imo.

Try Battlefield 2142 Titan mode.

it will be nice if there was submarines, and if you can walk in cargo on maybe a C-130...

i actually like the idea of walkin cargos and submarines, but i wonder if its going to be a crude exercise in clunkyness navigating through a submarine.

Chainsaws would be good, but what about picks so you can club sheer rock faces then impale them into enemies.

Or just bayonets.

)rStrangelove;1934695']Chainsaws in ArmA3 would be great for another FarmA campaign tbh.

Yes, as well as chippers. Please BI, please add chippers along with chainsaws so we can better tear down your Linda vegetation proper!

Chippers would also serve as a great disciplanary tool for unruly squadmates -"5, Mount that Chipper at 1'oclock!"

please add gunblades aswell, along with too cool hair styles.

when i said chainsaw i mean bomb to explode so you can get in the submarine!

when i said chainsaw i mean bomb to explode so you can get in the submarine!

sure you did...especially if that would most definitely work, just like the chainsaw would!

/sarcasm off