Sign in to follow this  
call_911

ArmA3 Marketing

I know this might be a lil bit out there. But to me it seems that the marketing scene(North America mind you) is not existant pre-Alpha. At least in the case for ArmA1 there was pratcally nothing til June of the following yr. ArmA2 was a lil bit better but i think BI kinda bights themselves in the butt sales wise. Both times around(A1-A2) I've imported they game thru a german site or like last time directly from BI. A game with this popularity deserves more IMO an the sales potential could be even better. Just my 2 cents but would be good to see some North American advertising early on to get the word out more.

Well then all of us help to spread the word.

Post links and like official BIS pages on Facebook, make use of Twitter, tell your friends, make Bulletin's on Youtube etc, so that this game gets the deserved attention and some more money in your pockets for the hard work and to pay endless streams of beer.

A small thing, but putting it on Steam a bit early can help draw attention to it, and giving it a Pre Order option early and not after the game is released like the past titles have had issues with.

I would shit myself if I seen the ArmA III trailer make it to TV.

Simple, in-game footage of awesomeness would be perfect for American TV. Look at some of the videos of A2 on youtube (LitosHQ's videos are good examples) and take inspiration. 30-60 seconds of action with the Arma3 and BIS logos in the bottom corners, a game rating placed unobtrusively, with easily-seen descriptive text, and you have yourselves a commercial. Or, expand on the AAN idea with realistic-looking A3 news coverage.