Sign in to follow this  
DieAngel

So what is in store to motivate me to abandon Arrowhead?

I mean we already have pretty much everything we could want and what we don't have are VBS features which we simply aren't going to get.

Better gaphics? Who cares, the current engine still put today's computers on their knees.

So what is there going to be if not "more of the same"?

I was kinda hoping that with arrowhead and it's DLCs Bohemia was settling on using OA as a core, always updated engine and release DLCs regularly to increase the value of the game more and more.

Arma3 that means modders start from scratch again, and that means all the previous content is useless, again.

So .. what is the good reason this time that makes Arma3 something that couldn't have been an engine update + an epic DLC?

A map 2.5 or 3 times the size of Chernarus, submarine(s?) (FROM BIS) the ability to SWIM UNDERWATER and theres actually stuff to see down there, an actual physics engine, and a bunch of Israeli kit.

Also, one word cinches it.

Hamok

:D

Better editor (3d) and more scripting language (Lua) for my part.

..... and a bunch of Israeli kit.

Does that include the Corner-shot?..

Don't misunderstand me i'm fine with buying game after games to support the debugging of BIS's game engine, but it pisses me off that each time we change game "number" we basically lose almost everything that was achieved and made the previous game great.

I would have prefered for a continuous support and updating of the present system (even if we have to pay for it) rather than making improved versions of the same game over and over again.

This reminds me of all the early threads in Arma1 forum when A2 was announced :)

The fact they will move into new areas with physics and then sort out the animations that many people highlight daily is a major one.

I would have prefered for a continuous support and updating of the present system (even if we have to pay for it) rather than making improved versions of the same game over and over again.
Isnt that just normal for any game that has a follow up? This time it wont be the same, becuase the engine will be updated with physics etc, that's a big change.

You have a point though, to me moving from Arma1 to Arma2 was like a new game to me, I ditched Arma1 the day I got Arma2 ... when OA arrived they worked together (Ok not with thermal on A2 units but anyway) they did expand it from that. Now ... I can see that A2CO changing to A3 would be more of a bind than A1-A2 for me as A2 was Win7 compared to vista change :) I do hope they do leave some room for A2/OA combining. You never know after the OA combined approach, that might get refined for A3 in some way.

If at the end of the day its a new game I get severely addicted to it, I will have them both side by side much longer than A1 with A2 until modders etc move content over, im happy for that.

Edited by mrcash2009

does every fucking thread need to turn into a damn wishlist?

It's bad enough everyone creates a new thread for each "idea" each damn minute...

Arma3 that means modders start from scratch again, and that means all the previous content is useless, again.

Where has that been confirmed?

Speculation can really be a terrible thing.

Mean this
:D

Man, I'm thinking of the face of the soldiers when they saw it first time ("Wt* am I supposed to do with it????"). :p

does every fucking thread need to turn into a damn wishlist?

It's bad enough everyone creates a new thread for each "idea" each damn minute...

I just answered the topic

The confirmed features so far:

• Huge landmass,
  • DirectX 10 support,
  • nVIDIA PhysX support,
  • Many brand new units, vehicles & weapons,
  • New, and what sounds to be more story-driven, campaign.

And when more information starts to flow in, there will be even more cool features that make Arma 3 the superior product.

I just answered the topic

No you haven't. let's read the thread title again, together:

So what IS in store to motivate me to abandon Arrowhead?

The accent on - IS - verb, present tense.

In translation: what features will A3 engine have over the existing A2:OA. He talks about existing features (as in confirmed), not wanted features.

And you answered:

Neither being confirmed by BIS, the later being very improbable as it stands now.

So, how is your post on the subject?

Where has that been confirmed?

Speculation can really be a terrible thing.

Conservative assumption. They usually tend to be more likely to verify than unrealistic hopes.

I mean we already have pretty much everything we could want and what we don't have are VBS features which we simply aren't going to get.

So .. what is the good reason this time that makes Arma3 something that couldn't have been an engine update + an epic DLC?

Where are you getting your information? I ask because it seems totally absurd. Of course ArmA 3 will bring major engine udates and new features, and there's no way BIS would completely redo the way addons/mods work (so no, we won't have to start from scratch).

No you haven't. let's read the thread title again, together:

The accent on - IS - verb, present tense.

In translation: what features will A3 engine have over the existing A2:OA. He talks about existing features (as in confirmed), not wanted features.

And you answered:

Neither being confirmed by BIS, the later being very improbable as it stands now.

So, how is your post on the subject?

Its like that i wrote, isn't much that is confirmed for the moment.

Its like that i wrote, isn't much that is confirmed for the moment.

What little is confirmed is still pretty significant, and we can speculate at least (based on BI's history) that there will be some nice new features in store. Every new title released by BIS has contained new features, and BIS also seems pretty excited about this one too (and since they know more than us, that's good news).

Edited by Big Dawg KS

The addons etc won't have to be started from scratch either. Rejigged? Yes. Improved? Probably. Rebuilt from zero? Certainly not.

What little is confirmed is still pretty significant, and we can speculate at least (based on BI's history) that there will be some nice new features in store. Every new title released by BIS has contained new features, and BIS also seems pretty excited about this one too (and since they know more than us, that's good news).

Yeah don't missunderstand me, i think and hope that its gonna be awesome with new features. BIS is the only studio who can do real simulation military games, opeartion flashpoint dr/Red river is just shit for ex.

What made you go from ArmA1 to ArmA2? (If you played ArmA1)

Also, you'll have another year to play OA. It's not like ArmA3 is coming out in 2 months.

Villa said it best when hes said something along the lines that back when OFP was the only game we were all playing,

it was 6 years of nothing but beautiful mods,addons and amazing creations only because players had imaginations, and were creative.

We weren't expecting another game, nor doubting it but after 4 years, and then it jumps to 6 years,

people learn to make the best of what they have, now that were getting all these DLCs, and expansions,

and now a new game, its hard for something in itself to be appreciated because theres this idea that

theres always something better then what we currently have.

I'm not againsted Arma3, but when it comes out it does, the main point being is if your always looking at the other

side of the fence then you never really appreciate what you do have, or will get.

Alot of fixes, and changes are in need but OFP was playable, our current games are playable, unless your game is crashing,

freezing, and or sputtering then i see no reason not to enjoy what you have. Be happy we have all these great modders in

the community to create amazing things for us to play with, only because they love and enjoy the game.

Appreciate what you have!

Because of this

New animation systems and Physical interaction simulations

Other Radical engine improvements

DX10 support

RV4.0 is already vastly superior to RV3.0

Graphics will most likely be rendered way more efficiently so yes alot of people will abandon A2 why the hell not, the mods wont take forever to come back.

oh! dont forget the F2000!!!

ITS OVER eFFF twothousaaaaaaaaaaaaaND!!!