Sign in to follow this  
teaboy

BETA Demo Prior To release, for BUG testing (for Pre-orders/selected members only).

I'd be happy to just get my hands on an empty water surface map, just to test the diving part. Plz plz plz - with sugar on top!

Mission: hunt 10 sharks before they hunt you lol ;)

Since Operation Arrowhead, BIS seems to have been a little better with initial releases so I don't think a community beta will be so necessary. It would be nice to play before the game is released but I trust BIS is capable of getting rid of the worst of the bugs on their own.

Well I think the Beta for ToH was quite a success so I guess they will do the same for Arma 3

Well I think the Beta for ToH was quite a success so I guess they will do the same for Arma 3

Yup, I hope so too. Any way bugs can be caught before release is a plus, even if the fixes don't actually make it onto the disk. A release day patch should be more than sufficient to make players and reviewers happy. :)

Well sad thing is that many reviewers don´t test with release day Patches (at least in germany)

Is there will be any pre-release versions for missions/addons developers?

Well sad thing is that many reviewers don´t test with release day Patches (at least in Germany)

Which shouldn't be the case with Arma 3 BIS must avoid shipping a buggy product at all costs the good publicity and word of mouth is needed in the German community.

Apparently they're in the early BETA stage right now

clearly...not

the fact that they got a working game build doesn't mean that you can call it a beta...

clearly...not

the fact that they got a working game build doesn't mean that you can call it a beta...

Yup... beta is the time when (ideally) you stop adding features and focus on tweaks. Last time I checked, they were still thinking of adding features to the game.

BTW Pufu I like your new avatar, it's fresh

Well guys its great to see this thread is still going and being kept alive by you all. Especially when all other threads regarding beta's and demos have been locked for various reasons.

I suspect the developers at BIS probably have a close interest in this thread and the suggestions mentioned by you all, especially after the way we were invited to take part in a TOH preview using A2 - No doubt they may wish to expand on what they did with TOH when it comes to A3.

Anyway, fingers crossed that we will find out what the BIS intentions are towards any beta testing/release that involves the community here in the next 2-3 months, after all its less than 6-7 months till the release in June or July.

People really want to beta test? Or just play the game a bit early? Honestly, beta testing is the worst job in the gaming industry. It's not as simple as "The reload animation is not working." You have to tell how to replicate it and whatnot... Not very fun. I think most people just want a beta so they get their hands on the game a bit early.

To say or take the view that we should not have a Beta release at all, just because some people only want it to get there hands on the game earlier is ridiculus. Especially when the thread is about limiting it to selected members of the community or for per-order or both, hell they could even do the same as the did with TOH, the thread is not about a full public beta release. In fact i don't think any member of the community wants to see a full public beta release. Not that it would be the full game anyway and likely just a small part of the map and maybe 1 mission scenerio for testing for bugs, and maybe an additional scenerio for MP player to test MP.

The majority of people that play Arma 2 will have some experience in beta testing from other games as well as form beta patch testing on A2, just look at all the tickets on CIT and you can see that. Oh and not much has changed in bug testing over the last ten years either and replicating bugs is not rocket science and neither is detailing how to replicate it e.g weapon type, unit type and stance etc, anyone can do it. Though not all bugs are replicable and its those bugs that are not replicable that have the most effect, such as memory issues, random crashes on machines that should not be having issues, but they can still be reported and an upload of the crash log/datafiles along with the report.

And Dice, next time, instead of telling us all about beta testing and whats involved, whilst being ignorant of the fact that theres more than just you here that has experience in beta testing, whether it be A2 or other games. Ask yourself just how many people here have beta testing experience other than yourself? You will find the majority of us have had some beta testing experience at some point in our gaming lives. Hell the majority of PC gamers other the age of 25 have had proper beta testing experience from at least one game in the past, though a lot have it from at least 5 games where they hardcore beta tested those games at somepoint between now and the last decade.

Edited by teaboy

To say or take the view that we should not have a Beta release at all, just because some people only want it to get there hands on the game earlier is ridiculus. Especially when the thread is about limiting it to selected members of the community or for per-order or both, hell they could even do the same as the did with TOH, the thread is not about a full public beta release. In fact i don't think any member of the community wants to see a full public beta release. Not that it would be the full game anyway and likely just a small part of the map and maybe 1 mission scenerio for testing for bugs, and maybe an additional scenerio for MP player to test MP.

The majority of people that play Arma 2 will have some experience in beta testing from other games as well as form beta patch testing on A2, just look at all the tickets on CIT and you can see that. Oh and not much has changed in bug testing over the last ten years either and replicating bugs is not rocket science and neither is detailing how to replicate it e.g weapon type, unit type and stance etc, anyone can do it. Though not all bugs are replicable and its those bugs that are not replicable that have the most effect, such as memory issues, random crashes on machines that should not be having issues, but they can still be reported and an upload of the crash log/datafiles along with the report.

And Dice, next time, instead of telling us all about beta testing and whats involved, whilst being ignorant of the fact that theres more than just you here that has experience in beta testing, whether it be A2 or other games. Ask yourself just how many people here have beta testing experience other than yourself? You will find the majority of us have had some beta testing experience at some point in our gaming lives. Hell the majority of PC gamers other the age of 25 have had proper beta testing experience from at least one game in the past, though a lot have it from at least 5 games where they hardcore beta tested those games at somepoint between now and the last decade.

Teaboy, I simply asked a question, "People really want to beta test? Or just play the game a bit early?" Then went on to state my personal opinion about beta testing. I never said that Bohemia Interactive should not have a beta. In fact, I'm all for a beta, it's just that some people don't understand what a "beta" is actually for, which is why I went on to explain it. I'm not being ignorant about it, I'm just helping others that may not know the process of beta testing. You, obviously, know about beta testing and took it very personally when it was meant for those who only want the beta to play.

Teaboy, I simply asked a question, "People really want to beta test? Or just play the game a bit early?" Then went on to state my personal opinion about beta testing. I never said that Bohemia Interactive should not have a beta. In fact, I'm all for a beta, it's just that some people don't understand what a "beta" is actually for, which is why I went on to explain it. I'm not being ignorant about it, I'm just helping others that may not know the process of beta testing. You, obviously, know about beta testing and took it very personally when it was meant for those who only want the beta to play.

In that case i apologise, as i clearly misinterpreted your post in that regards. As i had assumed you were against the beta on the basis that people only wanted to play the game early and hadn't considered that a lot of us also had beta testing experience. Sorry for that, was just the way your post came across, when i read it. :)

Edited by teaboy

In that case i apologise, as i clearly misintrepretated your post in that regards. As i had assumed you were against the beta on the basis that people only wanted to play the game early and hadn't considered that a lot of us also had beta testing experience. Sorry for that, was just the way your post came across, when i read it. :)

No hard feelings, it's hard to judge the emotions of a font.

People really want to beta test? Or just play the game a bit early?

I just want to play it early!

ArmA2 didn't really go gold until two weeks ago. We were all paying beta testers for months before that.

ArmA2 didn't really go gold until two weeks ago. We were all paying beta testers for months before that.

Gold refers to how many sales?

Also guys I don't believe BIS will do a open Arma 3 Beta test but who knows!

FPDR..

Gold means the game is final and ready to be put into production/hit the shelves (both physical and digital)

I just want to play it early!

I, on the other hand, don't want to play a beta game. :)

Do you know what "going gold" means?

Do you know what "going gold" means?

it's a pretty obvious answer