Sign in to follow this  
hungrytoheal

Your thoughts on weed

I've recently been curious as to what people have to say on this particular topic.

What are your thoughts on weed? Have you ever tried it and what do you think? Do you think it should be legalized, or is it just a harmful drug that needs to be dealt with?

Discuss.

Decriminalization still leaves it in the hands of criminals so my take on it, given the so called war on drugs been an utter failure....,

Educate, Legalise, , tax and regulate.

Although technically weed isnt illegal in the UK, its the actions pertaining to it that are., so its a people control thing not a drug control thing.

Never tried it, as a 17 year old I'm obviously kinda curious of its effects and side-effects, I'm kinda anti-drugs in general but if there would be one drug I'd legalize it would probably be weed, simply because the bad things I've heard about it aren't nearly as bad as some other drugs :rolleyes:

Well i smoke it for about 10 years now and im still fine. But i just can speak for myself. Ive seen others gettin really weird since they smoke it so i guess its up to u as a responsible "user". Since getting weed is legal in the Netherlands friends and i where talkin about how it would be if it was legal here in germany and we all thaught it would be better to make it legal for several reasons as "clean weed" just to name one. Its really up to u i guess.

From personal experience:

When I was younger and came to London I was introduced to weed by my friends, I occasionally smoked a spliff like most teens do but I never liked it. All it did was make me sleepy, paranoid and twitchy so I never got in to it and stopped shortly after I started.

Over time I gradually saw how my friends smoked weed "unresponsibly" and slowly degraded to the point where all they did was smoke weed from the time they got out of bed and to the point where I could no longer have a normal conversation about anything unrelated to drugs with them, they began stealing to make money for drugs and so on...

Those friends later moved on to harder drugs, one of them ended up in jail. I don't know what happened to the rest as I haven’t see them for years now and don't plan to ever again.

So for me trying weed was an interesting experience but not something that I can recommend or something that I plan to experience again. I prefer my beer :cheers:

My Opinion:

I understand why some people want weed to be legalised because of the criminal side connected to it or because they smoke it responsibly etc...

But like with alcohol the majority of people, especially kids abuse it and then move on to harder drugs and a range of new problems appear so the best thing to do in my opinion would be to keep weed illegal.

But there is no use in just enforcing a ban on weed, the real thing which needs to be done is to educate people about it in such a way that they themselves will choose not to smoke it which will never happen in this society.

Kind regards :smile:

Well i smoke it for about 10 years now and im still fine. But i just can speak for myself. Ive seen others gettin really weird since they smoke it so i guess its up to u as a responsible "user". Since getting weed is legal in the Netherlands friends and i where talkin about how it would be if it was legal here in germany and we all thaught it would be better to make it legal for several reasons as "clean weed" just to name one. Its really up to u i guess.
Yea the probably the main reason I haven't tried it is that one has no idea what is actually in the drugs if they're illegal, while weed may have no/small side-effects (maybe paranoia in the long-term, but it's hard to prove if it is a direct consequence of weed), the shit that people put in drugs to make 100g into 200g can be significantly more dangerous.

I smoke it at festivals when its sunny, i'm in good company and there's good music on. Otherwise I can happily get by without. People I know that smoke regularly tend to be jobless wasters. Not judging, that's just my experience.

the shit that people put in drugs to make 100g into 200g can be significantly more dangerous.

also This.

Well the point weed being a starter drug is weak in my point of view, if there are any starter drugs then they are alcohol & cigarettes. My first contact with drugs was cigarettes and later then alcohol....and as foolish child i drunk so much that 1 time it send me to jail cause i thaught it would be funny to destroy a half village near france and the other time it send me to the hospital cause i drunk to much that i passed out. Wasnt that funny i can tell u. It was Late winter -4° and i was laying down there in the snow.... The doctor next day said i had hypothermia & a very bad alcohol poisoning. He said i was found there one half hour later i would hafe died because of both... So since then i dont drink any alcohol except a beer from time to time for the taste. If we talk about weed.. well its a bit hard for me to discribe my relationship to weed in a non native language so if anyone may has a direct question about anything related to weed he may ask me via pm or state a direct question here.

edit

People I know that smoke regularly tend to be jobless wasters. Not judging, that's just my experience.

Well its like with alcohol some ppl can live with it, others dont. I for my part smoke nearly every day and never was that bad at school/relationships or things like that.... i guess i even grown on weed in some ways...i mean you need to get into that stuff.... if u drink you just drunk but if u smoke u really learn things about yourself u never would have known without it. Thats what i think, but i dont usw it just as a partydrug or something like that, in the past it helped me with my insomnia, by now it helps me with my apprenticeship stress.... so if u do smoke it if your alone u learn how to use it. but thats just my 2 cents...

Edited by Due-_-

Decriminalization still leaves it in the hands of criminals so my take on it, given the so called war on drugs been an utter failure....,

Educate, Legalise, , tax and regulate.

+1.

There's no reason for it to be treated differently to alcohol or cigarettes. Personally I prefer my alcohol, never even tried weed, but I think a responsible adult should be able to enjoy some weed.

To think, all the violence in places like Mexico could be solved by some simple changes in the law...

It seems governments would rather see their citizens die so they can exercise control over them.

I think it should be kept away from kids though. The ones that smoke it heavily seem to become stupid and slow in the head, struggling with even basic stuff like speaking their own first language properly.

Edited by Maddmatt

In the U.S. we arrest a million people every year for marijuana-related crimes.

Although blacks and whites use marijuana at similar rates, vastly more blacks are arrested for pot-related offences and they are also convicted at dramatically higher rates than whites indicted on the same charges. Then they are imprisoned, which in many states means the loss of the right to vote.

This is issue is bigger than expediency for the justice system and some inconsequential libertarian quibbles.

+1.

I think it should be kept away from kids though. The ones that smoke it heavily seem to become stupid and slow in the head, struggling with even basic stuff like speaking their own first language properly.

Yeah thats true... kids just use it to get stoned and more and more stoned....thats not the aim of it in my eyes. i dont smoke to get so stoned that i cant even stand without gettin dizzy or something like that. I mean i t really is up to you and your circle of friends. If you got friends that just have shit in their minds like i when i was young u better dont use it as it gets u just in trouble, but if u just wanna have some good time, listen to some good music, talk a bit about god and the world(everything) and just have a good mood i guess its okay.

i never saw anyone aggressive or irresponsibly on weed, i have seen plenty on alcohol (and other heavy drugs). There is some weird discrimination going on, and i can't really understand why. (there are countries where the legal system makes no difference between weed consumption or distribution or let's say heroin or cocaine)

I am a convinced smoker(cigarettes) myself, and i smoke weed socially (as in very rarely by myself) for over 8 years.

It is not harmful if you ask me, and creates no real dependence (games for instance create a similar dependence).

I wish i was able to get it legally, in a controlled manner, when i want it, without the (small) hassle i have to deal with today. Thus i sort of envy the dutch :)

Very true, but that can happen only when it is in an controlled environment (and thus making sure there is no other unwanted shit in it). Plus, you stop smoking, you brain starts to function normally again (no matter how much you used to smoke, the effect are not permanent)...i have a friend who used to smoke from dusk to dawn, and wasn't even remotly possible to have a real conversation with him, now, after he stopped, he is one of the guys who's company i really enjoy due to the fresh ideas and conversation

Edited by PuFu

Legalize all drugs, we're pissing too much money away in the penal system.

Wow lots of level headed talk about weed..., wouldn't have been the case as little as 5 years back.

:thumbs-up:

Ive been a smoker for over 20 years lemmeh tell you that it doesn't make you mad (well if you ask anyone else other than my wife). Also, surprise surprise and i can (contrary to some governments beliefs ) still be a contributing member to society :eek: .

Yes some people get carried away with it, its not totally safe to those who may have a predisposition to some cases of mental illness' ( although its been proven to treat some cases ) but its a damn site safer than alcohol and tobacco. However that said i honestly do believe it needs to be regulated strictly just the same as alcohol and tobacco.

Education is the key.