You love Green land or Dessert POLL

Green land or dessert  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Green land or dessert

• Green Land with cover
    • Dessert with no place to hide
    • no matter
    • All units in green and dessert camo for mission builders

-...we have an objective: capture isl Lemnos. It has very important strategical position for our counterattack. The faith of Europe depends on this operation...

-But sir! There are no forests!! How am i supposed to find cover?! I hate all that desert stuff, you know.. all that sand.. and rocks. BTW I'm allergic to some desert flowers.. So.. maybe we can go somewhere else? I've seen a really nice island to the south.:rolleyes:

The island is good. Problem is that we are going to form local resistance. And we all know that every self-respecting guerrilla leader is supposed to be hiding in the woods...;)

And we all know that every self-respecting guerrilla leader is supposed to be hiding in the woods...;)

There's a wood by the beach. Everybody wins! :whistle:

I like green hilly farmland with lots of woods or Scandinavian like terrain with rough mountains. Chernarus, Kolgujev and Everon were awesome, more like that please. Snowy terrain would be nice too.

Winter is freaking horrible man, cant we just pretend the world is perfect and there is no winter?

waht i see is 2km² nothing then a little wood in valley 3km² nothing then a very smal wood ..............

90% in the map do you have a very very exposed position with your armor.

not a piece that you can take cover from A to b more then 200 meters

thats the point.

prefer a half as large playing area, as one of the sad and empty with little opjekts.

The soil is too shallow trenches no hollows or opportunities.

that is the problem of the large playing area in arma.

and this dessert medditerrain is know to play just boring.

You don't like the 'boring' Desert maps, and Limnos is too boring for you too? There is an easy solution for your problem:

Just don't buy and play it. It's not that you can't play ArmA2 anymore after ArmA3 has been released.

Your childish rant and poll doesn't change anything. Or do you think if the Devs now read about it, they trash it because your recent rants here?

Biased poll much.

Winter is freaking horrible man, cant we just pretend the world is perfect and there is no winter?
For real?

I looove snow!

Tasty, nice colour, fluffy, and usually closes down all schools in the uk in winter :D

Waw if BIS manage to include the caves in Lemnos, I would love them forevermore :yay:

For me I think how they did things with Arma2 / Arrowhead .. Green first, desert later.

Although the idea of a map that's like Arma1 would be good, with a well created section of desert moving on up into flat farmland then into hills and allot more green.

Its funny because I played Chernarus to death, OA then took over and I went mad for those maps, then all of a sudden I loved Chernarus so much more again.

Edited by mrcash2009

A desert with a lot of grass and rivers.

I hate the Takistan mountain region.

The enviroment in ArmA3 looks very pleasing.

I hope there are some big open desert areas to get lost in. I hated Takistan as a mission maker because you trip over another village, city or valley in every direction, even though it has some excellent details.

Artic FTW!

But seriously, woodland makes me think of Balkans, while desert makes me think of Middle-East and North Africa.

Like both, of course, but desert brings more long range action.

It all depends but overall i prefer green, with forests, fields, cities.. Oh, and we need a river!

I'm not sure what the OP wants other than to whine? I personally like all kinds. I enjoy playing on maps like Chern and other days I like playing on Takistan and other Desert-y maps. That's the neat thing about ArmA, you have that ability to choose on the fly. Not stuck with one or two maps for the rest of your life. And don't even get my started on the talented community creating their own for us to enjoy. As long as BIS finds a way for us to use some maps from A2/OA in A3 and hopefully without needing something huge like CAA1, I'd be happy. Either way, I'm up to experience whatever BIS is cooking up. I'm just glad there is even going to be a ArmA 3 and not that BIS decided to pack it all in! :D

Its still a valid concern, just think about the gameplay for a bit, forests compensate the lack of micro terrain and the limited object density, they improve the gameplay alot.

When you ambush an enemy convoy where do you escape to? To the forest.

When you want to aproach the enemy base using stealth how do you do it? Thru the forest.

If you need to take a.. well nevermind that one :rolleyes: .

If someone comes after me in a helicopter and there are no forests what am i supposed to do? Run for the hills? F that!

2nd that. I love the woods of Chernarus. Woods and hilly green farmland with bushes and rivers is my favourite terrain :-D

Doesn't mean everybody else has to share that opinion of course.

What would really be awesome for ArmA 3 is season textures. I always play Chernarus with the Beton and Bushlurker summer vegetation addon. Would be nice to see snow in winter and green leaves in summer/spring. Apart from that, I'm looking forward to ArmA 3 whatever the developers will make of it. I'm sure it'll be the best game ever as were it's predecessors.

Desert with rather empty land so we can actually play the game. :)

I get 60 VS 15 frame rates in Takistan VS Cherrussia.

The other thing is the tree LOD is very annoying. It is hard to tell movement when the trees and grass are constantly changing.

I want a similar map from the game Oblivion (TES: Oblivion).

It is amazing. Forests, rivers, waterfalls, caves, mountains and snow.

Or map games Stalker.

:yay:

Edited by Warpo

I think Lemnos could include all three: mountains, deserts, plains. Sahrani in Armed Assault 1 was pretty awesome for its size, the southern part of the island had a 3x2 km desert with oil rigs around Cayo. ;)

do you guys know whats the best?

Lemnos contains all those types of terrain: you have bigger mountains, green forests, villages and cities and open or desert terrain.

It is actually a perfect mix