Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

JSDF MOD 1.0 released

For some reason whenever I use infantry units from the new version with OPFOR infantry, the JSDF units lose their helmets. If there's no OPFOR units however, the helmets are present and visible.

Thanks for the update. Will get these new units added to my mission.

As for the issue with no helmets, I saw this issue when I added them to apocalypse even the last version. I had to write special code to call their init sqf again after they are spawned. Gachopin you might want to check if there is some problem with all the texture switching you do on those units. I'd recommend putting some sleep commands in the script so it doesn't try to change their textures immediately. It doesn't seem to work all the time when you spawn them in mission

>stupidwhitekid75

>markb50k

Hmm I'll check it. thank you!

Edited by Gachopin

@Gachopin,

I like your mod, is there any updates for improving small arm textures. IMHO, the rifles paa are still staying in ArmA1 quality.

Hello,

I have been playing your mod. My main interest is armoured warefare and so have made a big tank battle map and have driven the Japanese tanks and they are really good. Some small points that I noticed while playing were:

Internal textures very bland, need shadows and scratches etc. I expect you are still working on them and they will get better with future releases.

Type 61 has problems when you unbutton and want to look out from the hatches, it also uses a lot of fuel.

Other than those small items I I found this to be a fantastic addition to the battlefield, thank you very much for doing it.

Regards

Alan

First of all, great job on the mod, the models are very nicely done and are top notch. Just a few criticisms below of the armored vehicles.

-All of the tanks (Type 61, 73, 90) can take way too much damage, I tested this out on all of the tanks, I remember the Type 73 taking 6 sabots from the M1A1 to the front and not being destroyed, IRL this tank has 4in steel armor in the front.

- Type 73/61 have poor damage against other tanks (T72, T90, M1A1, T55 etc), Type 61 took multiple shots with AP rounds to destroy a BMP-2, yet it has the 105mm L7 gun.

- Interiors on APC's are not fully textured, not sure if these are still being worked on as this is first release of mod.

noticed the T4 is unarmed... is it a trainer? are you planning on arming that guy in a future release?

noticed the T4 is unarmed... is it a trainer? are you planning on arming that guy in a future release?

Kawasaki T-4 is pure intermediate trainer.

Also in the real world, it doesn't have the arming capability.

>Lao Fei Mao , alan123 , TIMFUTTICUS

We still continue to update models, of cource small weapons too. Type61 tank's anime isn't finished.So please look forword to it :)

About damege system, we use penetrate settings.We tested by our original iron plate models, using RHA setting of rvmat,bisurf.

HEAT may easily penetrates armor, but explode when impacted. Arma2 can't simurate like that. So we must find another solution.

But I want to adjust those parameters.

ACE2config uses mainly ACE's parameter, but model's penetrate setting is same at present.

>markb50k , furomeshineru

T-4 is trainer.I watched JASDF airshow using T-4(blue impulse). I like that plane ! :D

I made smoke script for T-4. You can use smoke by action menu. It supports multiplay!

Hello all

congratulations to this very well done MOD. The units and vehicles are amazing. I had only currently the occasion to check on your mod thanks to Kommiekat. He knows why.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your hard work and effort. All you modders are the reason why ArmA never gets old

cheers :D

Edited by nettrucker
typo

A somewhat major issue

All the land vehicles do NOT extend off of any base class like car or truck or tank. They all extend off one of your own classes. As a result many of the bis modules don't even recognize that the jsdf vehicles are a particular kind of vehicle.

Pretty much every other mod extends off the base classes. Thought you should know

hi.

great mod, but I have a problem:

it is activated twice in my extension menu.

how come?

has anyone the same thing?

how can I get rid off it?

thanks

hi.

great mod, but I have a problem:

it is activated twice in my extension menu.

how come?

has anyone the same thing?

how can I get rid off it?

thanks

Hi Wiki

I have the same problem. It's listed twice in the opening menu of ArmA.

No solution though.

cheers