Sign in to follow this  
Killer Angel

Any airsofters?

Now i get what it is... also called "Soft gun" over here.

Thanks for the info, must be fun. but i stick to my Slavia 631 pellet gun.

I still dont get what they are, are they just simulation guns or something? because they have a huge range, it looks interesting.

They are replicas of real guns and they shoot 6mm plastic pellets. Airsoft is said to be much more fun and not as much painful as paintball.

So it s paintball for the pussies biggrin.gif

ROFL

Naaaah, it s an inside joke among paintballers ( same for lazergames biggrin.gif )

You can t compare them.  Paintball has evolved to a more non-militairy nature.  It's all Sup' air now and games are very very quick and heavy. As for airsoft is more like IRL i figure, more stealth, more slower.  Like to give it a go but .... they would laugh at me ...  tounge.gif

If you want i ll post a few cool P-ball links

From what I understand, it's much more serious than paintball.

Also are tere ceramic bullets?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also are tere ceramic bullets?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ May 21 2002,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also are there ceramic bullets?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.<span id='postcolor'>

Ouch. That must hurt! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ May 21 2002,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe the ceramic pellets/bullets are mostly used with sniper rifles.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Most upgraded Airsoft sniper rifles use graphite coated 0.36g or 0.42g 6mm pellets, which darn hurt if u get hit by one. sad.gif

I have an MARUZEN APS2 OR which is modeled on the Steyr SSG. Its got a PDI 300% spring, bipod and Tasco 32mm 3~9x scope. Trust me, it was a bitch to get into Australia. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From what I understand, it's much more serious than paintball.<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

Paintball has become a sport with leagues in every country and also a World Cup every year in Florida.

Where as airsoft still is more of a wargame in my opinion.

Paintball just doesn t have anything to do with a wargame anymore.  In fact, we all work hard to NOT give it a militairy feel so it appeals more to the general public.

So as i said, no comparison anymore between those two, paintball isn t underground anymore, it has become a real sport.  The problem for media attention is just that the rules are kinda complicated ( pointsystem )  sad.gif

The New paintball ( out of the woods )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ May 21 2002,15:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The New paintball ( out of the woods )<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Looks like a game of DFLW TKOTH! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

/me puts avon on field and yells " TEN SECONDS"

"GAME ON"

tounge.gif

No more cammo !! Not allowed anymore !

Just flashy shirts

Sorry guys, I could never stand paintball. All those people runing around in blue/white/pink/whatever shirts... Well, airsoft is much more fun if your in the military, because it take much more thinking. And it can be a very fast pass game. It all depends.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Killer Angel @ May 22 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry guys, I  could never stand paintball. All those people runing around in blue/white/pink/whatever shirts... Well, airsoft is much more fun if your in the military, because it take much more thinking. And it can be a very fast pass game. It all depends.<span id='postcolor'>

Or maybe it hurts too much tounge.gif

You could never stand p ball for the shirtcolors confused.gif

Pink shirts confused.gif .... where did you go and watch ? That gay borderpatrol team from another topic ? biggrin.gif

i used to have an airsoft-like gun..it was from JPN, and used air pressure...hurt like hell if you got shot close, like 10meters or so...it used plastic BBs

then another friend used this gas-operated one...even more painful...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 22 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I prefer real guns. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, at least there s no discussion if you re hit or not anymore wink.gif

And you get rid of the "whipers" biggrin.gif

Still i like to try that airsoft sometimes for the tactical feel.

The only problem i have is the sound of those guns, it s so .... silent sad.gif Or are there already solutions for that ?

We sometimes rent our paintballfield to airsofters, so i know the guns and already fired them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ May 22 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only problem i have is the sound of those guns, it s so .... silent  sad.gif   Or are there already solutions for that ?<span id='postcolor'>

You can shout 'BANG!' from the top of your lungs. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ May 21 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From what I understand, it's much more serious than paintball.<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

Paintball has become a sport with leagues in every country and also a World Cup every year in Florida.

Where as airsoft still is more of a wargame in my opinion.

Paintball just doesn t have anything to do with a wargame anymore.  In fact, we all work hard to NOT give it a militairy feel so it appeals more to the general public.

So as i said, no comparison anymore between those two, paintball isn t underground anymore, it has become a real sport.  The problem for media attention is just that the rules are kinda complicated ( pointsystem )  sad.gif

The New paintball ( out of the woods )<span id='postcolor'>

Paint ball has also seemed to follow online games, I have my own paint ball squad (which meets weekends). Heres the link. Does Air Soft have Squads? Also is it true that Air soft is called "Asian Paint Ball"? I read that on an air soft site. But wheres the paint