Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper

Yes, that moody detailed carrier scene is his. :) Very buggy scene to work with, making it even more impressing.

I added 8th mission "Zub" to the COOP versions list in the first post, in case someone have missed the separate thread.

MacScottie have been posting awesome full COOP-mission videos of the campaign, played in proper military way (Using ACRE and ACE if I see right). Including a massive 1h 48min video of the second mission (with some ingame cutscenes). Very exciting to watch and there seem to be more coming:

Player´s gear is transfered between missions (Use the weapon you find, through the campaign if you like)

Nice. Does it also transfer gear stored in HUMMVEE used in prevous mission to one in next mission?

Not yet, I forgot to add the weaponpool commands. If I get them working in resistance remake campaign, I could add them in this too. Currently only gear that player and his team-members have transfer (For team-members only between the first 3 missions, when there is no HQ backup).

Are enemy spawns unlimited? I try to clear enemy mortar base in Takiban Valey, but Takis seem to have more bodies than we bullets.

There is very few patrol scripts on selected more far mountains that slowly spawn new patrols, but those are rare to face (not even spawing if not less than ~500-800m away from the trigger) even if moving through the mountains. Else the enemy spawning is limited (e.g. the enemy chopper only bring 5-6 more groups at max if not shot down/crashing earlier). Its quite long mission so rearming from dead bodies is usually needed.

Edited by SaOk

New version 2.6 of the campaign is now available. There was massive performance drop in Zub mission that I finally fixed. Much performance tweaks in that mission. Also some other tweaks and additions. You are able to use the old campaign progress. Just revert the current mission if you are currently going in Zub. See first post for download links.

I have forgotten to mention that there is also Czech translations for first seven missions, done by Tslava. Big thanks for him. Those were already in 2.5 version. I somehow managed to forgot including it to change log. :icon_redface: I though I did, but no. My apologies, shouldnt go that way. :(

Edit: New complete 1h playthrough of 4th mission with new JSRS soundmod version 1.5:

Edited by SaOk

Question SaOk:

Do you have the AI accuracy set in the mission to override client/server settings? Because on Battle for Rasman the AI seemed EXTREMELY accurate and I have my personal AI accuracy set to .25.

The spawned units have skills set (with basic setskill), I dont know if it overwrites the other settings. Also there is TPWCAS && TPWLOS scripts if those affect on that.

Cool 2 hour HD video of the 4th campaign mission, played in COOP. Action starts after 8 minutes. Thanks MacScottie (and your clan) for creating it. :) Edited by SaOk

haha that video is the reason for my last post above. I usually don't get shot that much! :p

I wanted to replay this amazing campaign before trying Whole Lotta War, but I am experiencing quite funny problems with it. Only the 2nd and 3rd missions give me troubles:

-2nd: sometimes I start the mission with local guerillas as teammates, instead of US soldiers. No teamswitch available

-3rd: always locals intead of US soldiers. Teamswitch available

I am running a number of mods, but this is the only campaign that gives me this problem and only with the latest version...when I played 2.0 I had nothing like this.

Thanks, :) the guerillas are replacing dead US teammates. At 1st and 2nd mission ends, it copy the alive members with their gear for next mission. If there is less members than certain number, the rest are replaced with low skilled locals without team switch. After the HQ is reached after 3rd mission, team-mates are always US and only player´s gear transfer between missions.

I just played through the seven original missions (1-7) and just wanted to say that I'm hugely impressed!

This was the first mod-campaign that I finished.

The campaign is well scripted and there where no show-stopping bugs or errors, everything worked exactly as it was supposed to.

The story was well done for a milsim and the voice acting and the very well done cinematics really added a lot to the immersion.

I was also impressed by the huge amount of warfare that was going on beside me and the Foxtrot squad, especially during the large assaults

at the end of the campaign there were choppers and soldiers and tanks everywhere - this combined with the JSRS soundmod felt really awesome.

I learned a lot about playing ArmA after playing through this campaign and I'm now able to consider myself a much better player than I was before. :)

Thanks for the campaign - and for the life multipler feature, playing the 1st mission with the multiplayer set to 3x results in a quite awesome mayhem :D

The only thing I could suggest is adding a few more enemies in the Takiban's last stand mission - there were really few and I thought that that didn't really

fit the "last big assault" setting. But maybe I was just too slow clearing the village before attacking the airfield and the enemies had already been killed by friendly

forces.

@ Saok: thanks for the explanation, but that way if someone completes the mission and then reverts back to the 2nd or 3rd mission, the squad will be made only of militias. And why doesn't it happen always in the 2nd, while always in the 3rd? And about that missing teamswitch in the 2nd?

Thanks, :) I agree the last Takistan mission could be harder.

I may have forgotten the teamswitch for 2nd mission. Going to check that when returning to work on the campaign. I dont know if the reverting system remembers the saved variable from the last played mission or what it was before for the mission player is restarting to play again. I will check that too.