Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper

-Performance Friendly (Works great with poor CPU like Q6600)

^ This is sad... I owned a Q6600 on my rig :( (Am I poor?)

Jokes aside, great campaign... thought it was fully voiced no?

Not yet voiced, I need to make sure that all missions are final first. I am still planning to expand current missions and change things so e.g. current radiochatting may change. I dont want to cause extra work for possible voice-actors. :)

I have also Q6600 which sometimes isnt enought for fluent performance. The official campaign was too heavy for it (fps near 10 in last mission) even when I have it clocked at 3,4Ghz.

Well I have a Q9300 (and I honestly think the Q6600 is better because of overclocking possibilities and the 8MB L2 cache) and I don´t have Problems so far.

Is it possible to remove weapons with flashlights on AI? these AI jokers like to "shine" on friendlies which makes them visible in front of the enemy at night.

I think all grenadiers have that flashlight, if it cant be disabled, I will change the unitclass to something else.

I think on that campaign is still lot of work to do, but Its great and funny campaign. All cutscenes are excellent and missions are also very funny. I had only little problem with eliminating tanks in 1st mission. There arent any anti-tank guns (only one missile soldier in my team, who died me), so, I had to kill allied guerilla missilesoldier to get that RPG.

Thanks :), I am currently making much tweaks/additions for next version.

In the 1st mission, there is already a hidden ammocrate near the crossroad with extra RPG. But that part will be also easier for the upcoming normal difficulty. I could also add some M136´s since MAAWS launchers dosent work good in dark.

Yes please, add AT4 launchers.

I finally finished the campaign. It was great! The only thing i still don´t understand is the damn journal, why is it so important? Important enough for the Takiban to launch a full blown offensive.

I think the takibans saw that journal (with dirty bomb blueprints) as the last opportunity to manage against stronger US and other allied armies in Takistan.

And I actually meant the takibans to be more modern army than the real talibans. Like crazy dictator led Libya army with irrational behaviour, collaborated with small tribes. I could try to write some better background for the story at somepoint.

Story in your campaign was good like a action movie ;)

and not allways in the end of a movie we know what was in that journal, or box or bag. That good point to start part 2 :)

I could write better backgrounds for many things, but I also like those open ends in Half-Life style. But lets see how I manage to improve things. I have never been a good story writer, more of function creator. This campaign have also been much of cutscene creating that havent been my specialty before, but I hope to have quality campaign in many point of view at the end.

I am going to try to add more dynamic stuff for the current missions that would make the progress little different each time. E.g. If I manage to make that takiban chopper to fly without crashing itself and complete it´s task in 2nd mission. It could re-apper again in 3rd (and maybe 4th) mission. Also player would have a AA-launcher in Hummer in 3rd mission if he finds it in 2nd mission. Also there could be some extra optional tasks that would bring more help for the player in later missions. Maybe even events that could turn randomly into worse or better in the later missions.

I probably will also add more missions as part 2. Somekind a new counter-attack chapter, but hopefully with proper new twists and small story.

New version 1.1 of the campaign is available. See first post for download link. I added a new difficulty selection, where "Hard" is the closest to what it was before. It affects on how much enemy you face/friendly help you have, and some bit how much enemy vehicles there is. Also for last mission, there is choppers transporting units. For easiest level those only come once, for two harder difficulty levels they bring more and more units until destroyed.

For new computer owners there is also life multiplier selection, which affects almost everything. 1-3th missions start as usually, but bigger battles with spawned friendly help is multiplied. I suggest to test first before it, then 2x or 3x. Those lower the FPS fast. The feature is a quite experiment, I hope someone find that usefull in someday. Multiplying may also make the game some bit harder.

The markers are fixed and civilians should come to talk to you much quicker. Also flashlights removed for 1st mission, also more AT-gear added. Player gear is copied always to next mission, so its possible to use enemy weapons trought the campaign if wanted. Some other tweaks/fixes and additions is also there.

And I almost forgot, there is a expanded cutscene in 2nd mission.

I havent yet tweaked the 1st mission to be more fluent. Its a mystery that it feels slow for some, but I try to improve it later. I suggest not to use current latest betas, since those leak performance too and break animations.

Thanks for new version, downloading now :)

New version 1.2 is released.

There is many new battlecry voices (by RejenOrst) added for US soldiers. Also added (back) SSM module with this time limited CAS/Mortar Support. Also fixes/tweaks/additions have been made in(for) performance, tasks, scenery, dialog, briefings, markers, cutscenes. AI also have some new functions enabled time to time. See first post for download links.

New version 1.3 is available with new 1 hour long "Operation Zavarak"-mission that begin a new chapter in the campaign. The missions are using now much soundtrack of ArmA2/OA, there is more battlecry added from RejenOrst and all the briefings have linked markers. See first post for download links.

mainos.jpg

Edited by SaOk

New version 1.4 is available with a new mission. I also added much use of a new function in every mission that creates active random hostile or friendly life in random buildings. You are now sometimes getting fire from hardly spotted places, giving a new noticeable aspect for the campaign. Also player´s group members are sometimes now shouting of targets spotted inside of buildings. See first post for download links.

Full change log:

1.4:

-Added new long mission "Trenches of Garmsar"

-New script creating active hostile/civilian life in houses

-Sometimes AI now describes hostile detection in building (New voices by RejenOrst)

-Performance tweaks especially in 2nd mission

-AI surrender more (no need to find the last few units)

-All units in player´s group now playable (Requested extra feature, not 100% supported)

-SUV have some PMC weapons

-New crate in outpost

-M14 more available

-Some other additions/tweaks/fixes

Btw. in first mission, the second task this time really means what it says. You may often need to search the very nearby houses.

mainos2.jpg

Edited by SaOk

I will add 1-2 more missions to finish the takistan part of the campaign. I could then make final changes for dialog and english check them. Then hopefully find some actors. There is currently two arabic roles + (some civilian lines), then player, base, british leader, PMC leader, PMC medic (I could make these are same role), also airsupport pilot and some other group leader roles.

But anyway. I also planning to create chernarus part for the campaign. With the same player character, but in new setting with new story.

Edited by SaOk

sounded like another great campaign heading our way, I truly enjoy your campaign.

Now after few updates this is great campaign, and i think that creating Charnorus part its great idea to. :)

I think it's better if you disable the message in the first mission which tells the player that a new enemy randomly spawns every 20 seconds. It doesn't look real and breaks "immersion". If you intend to keep it - don't break the 4th wall if you know what I mean

It hints a position of random enemy, no enemy is spawned (at that point). But I could tweak that since now the last few enemies surrender, so there is no need to find everyone. I could make the timer, before its activated, much longer. Or even make the markers only display on easiest difficult setting.

Edit: Since the Simple Support Module seems to be quite buggy. I will try to add mando missile system for the next version and use much features from it. At least also the ammo drops which couldnt be tweaked in SSM. Expect release in next month with new mission(s) again. I head soon to holiday trip so it delays things some bit. :)

Edited by SaOk

I will add 1-2 more missions to finish the takistan part of the campaign. I could then make final changes for dialog and english check them. Then hopefully find some actors. There is currently two arabic roles + (some civilian lines), then player, base, british leader, PMC leader, PMC medic (I could make these are same role), also airsupport pilot and some other group leader roles.

But anyway. I also planning to create chernarus part for the campaign. With the same player character, but in new setting with new story.

Hey man, nothing against Chenarus, but how about another map with Jungle in it? Lingor perhaps?

Ah that's what it does. Well yeah it's better if you'll find a way to make enemies surrender (are you using UPSMON? Seems like that and doesn't it have functions that handle surrendering when AIs are too few?) instead of using a jumping marker on a map.

I was pretty much checking buildings for enemies regardless of the marker as you never know.